You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Any of you gaming gents that want to get involved in the TLW Xpert 11 league just hit me up and apply. We have just had a team become available due to some terrible bastard letting it go.

Haven't we NV?

If you want to test yourself against the very best TLW has to offer (and a lot of the dross too) then follow the link below. Not too time intensive if you don't want it to be, can be if you want it to be.

I cannot get the fucking link to past in here. Annoyingly. Just google Xpert11 and look for league 54622.

Currently playing dark souls 2 and it is fucking infuriating cause all you do is die I will hold back on a rating until I get into it more.

Witcher 3 7.5/10. Decent game very enjoyable not finished yet but still very good.

Star Wars Battlefield 7/10. It's alright not great but it can get a bit repetitive still alright to kill a few hours though.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Older game from 2004, played it for the first time. Good setting and atmosphere. 8.2/10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Yes, I got this much hated game for a fiver and played the campaign on Co-Op with my brother. Predictably it was full of bugs - but you also fight other humans (fnar). Seriously, it is pretty much patched up now and we encountered only one bug where we had to restart a checkpoint. All in all a solid FPS with a good selection of weapons. 8/10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/49540/

• Upvote 1

Assassin's Creed: Unity - The ever decreasing quality of the AC series continues apace. Ubisoft really need to give it a few years off and overhaul the whole thing. They said that they'd changed and improved the parkour system for this one but it was worse than ever. Arno sticks to buildings when he shouldn't, runs like he has cement in his boots and the feeling of free running feels more like the roll of a dice. Add to that the usual collectathon nonsense, awful fighting system and the poor mission quality and this game was really dull. On it's good side, Paris looked really stunning and the larger crowd scenes were impressive, the technical bugs have more or less been eradicated now but there's still a couple. Can't give this more than 5 out of 10.

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider next. I anticipate that to be shit-hot.

• 4 weeks later...

Just on the beta for the division. Loving it, so far.

Played this for about an hour this afternoon, just after the beta launched on PS4.

I'm not too good with 3rd person games, but it plays quite nicely and looks promising.

Think I may keep my pre-order. Going to have to play the some more when time allows. Night shifts getting in the way...

Really enjoying Assassins Creed Syndicate. A lot more fun than Unity, plus the chance to fuck up Victorian London is great. It's a stunning game. The game engine is a lot better/fluid too.

Only over 30% in but currently really enjoying it so much so Fallout 4 remains unopened since getting it got Christmas. Haven't been tempted to open that as yet.

Some repetitive missions (stealing cargo/freeing factory kids) but strangely I'm enjoying them still.

I like the main characters Jacob and Evie too. Good fun. Helps I love a bit of Victorian London but a good, solid game all the same.

I put a few hours into The Division beta and I'm a little on the fence. I enjoyed it, the RPG elements seem like they may have some depth and the loot system is good, but I'm a little worried it'll get old fast. Like Destiny, I need to see some enemy variation and decent quests, it can't just rely on gopher missions - kill him, find this, protect that - and waves of enemies. 

I've a feeling the PvP will be where the real game lies, and that could be phenomenal, or a world full of sniping dickbags looking to pinch your loot for the sake of it.

XCOM 2 - requested a refund. I meet all the requirements but it plays like shit on my system. All the shitty effects which add nothing degrade performance so much, turning the quality down results in a game that looks so much worse than Enemy Within it's really distracting.

Still hitting Bloodborne. One thing I didn't know about this game was that you can stop whenever you want. For some reason I thought you had to reach a save point to exit the game and it was the main reservation I had before buying it. Still haven't gone back to the first boss, but I think I've done pretty much everything I can at this level (except go back to the dude with the axe, but fuck that guy) so I'm going to give it another go soon enough. I almost killed the lanky fucker first time around so hoping I can go at him again.

Already seen who the second boss is and I'm a bit more worried about that one to be honest.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Even better than the 2013 reboot. More story, less emphasis on combat, longer skill trees and weapon upgrades, and more puzzle-based challenge tombs. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, even did the DLC, which probably isn't worth the money. 9 out of 10.