You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

48 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Skyrim's 3rd person was shit because the game had obviously been developed with 1st person in mind so the camera always felt off.

One thing I loved about playing the Bethesda RPGs on PC, was flicking the mouse wheel to go from my third person we exploration mode, into first person for a scrap/ambush. Still would use every trick I could to avoid extended melee in that mode though...

Third person shooting is awful for me, though, main reason I've never gotten through a whole naughty dog game.

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

One thing I loved about playing the Bethesda RPGs on PC, was flicking the mouse wheel to go from my third person we exploration mode, into first person for a scrap/ambush. Still would use every trick I could to avoid extended melee in that mode though...

Third person shooting is awful for me, though, main reason I've never gotten through a whole naughty dog game.

Same- anything that requires shooting needs to be first person mouse and keyboard. Melee stuff is better in third person with a controller. I played through the Witcher 3 swapping between them, worked well.

On 16/07/2020 at 09:22, Bobby Hundreds said:

Cyberpunk is the most ive looked forward to a game mostly becauseI love CD projekt Red. The witcher 3 for me was a masterpiece. Theyre an excellent developer.

Yeah I still think it'll be great, I've just got fed up of the hype I guess, especially after the game being delayed twice now. It's also the first time they've done a game like this so there might be obvious issues with the game like cars (they've always looked a bit floaty to me in footage for instance) and guns not feeling quite right. It could also be a reason why they've delayed a couple of times so that those things are improved a bit.

It's sad that we've had so many post apocalyptic open world games too and that this is the first time an open world cyberpunk game has even been attempted and we're in the year 2020. That might explain a lot of the hype because something like this is so overdue.

I've no problems with 1st person either as it's my favourite way of playing rpg's for the immersion, in the same way that I'll always do the same in driving games if the option is there. I've done it mainly in Oblivion, Fallout and Skyrim, in Elder Scrolls Online I eventually had to move to 3rd though because it's impossible to pvp as well in 1st. It's a shame that so many people have problems like motion sickness though or not liking it so they're going to miss out on enjoying the game.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've never had an issue with first person. Would be kind of difficult if I did, since I've lived my entire life in it.

Haha

Do you see the world in 780p, 1080p or 4K? And I bet when things suddenly appear out of nowhere are a right git. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Just got my copy of GOT delivered, will have a crack on it in a bit.

Watch out, season 8 is mentioned as a bit of a letdown. 

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I only run at about 12 FPS at the best of times.

I'd hate to think what happens when it gets busy in front of you. Must be so much stutter. And how long does it take to load when you leave one room and enter another? 

1 hour ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

Currently installing Ghosts. Will give an initial score in a couple of days, but know I’m going to absolutely love it. 

Can someone let me know if @Madrid Diecinueve is going to post a score for Ghosts in a couple of days? 

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Try turning motion blur off. 

And chromatic abberation! Does my head in that thing and is one of the only graphical things that actually feels like it's causing me vision problems when it's turned on.

Luckily there's often the option of turning it off. The Outer Worlds was a nightmare with it but they patched in the option to turn it off, and Rage 2 that I'm about to get back on was also looking odd to me and after a patch downloaded also the option there.

It can be hard or impossible to see for some but for others a proper headache inducing issue. I've no problem with it though as long as the option is there to get rid of it.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

And chromatic abberation! Does my head in that thing and is one of the only graphical things that actually feels like it's causing me vision problems when it's turned on.

Luckily there's often the option of turning it off. The Outer Worlds was a nightmare with it but they patched in the option to turn it off, and Rage 2 that I'm about to get back on was also looking odd to me and after a patch downloaded also the option there.

It can be hard or impossible to see for some but for others a proper headache inducing issue. I've no problem with it though as long as the option is there to get rid of it.

I always get rid of that, blur and subtitles. 

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I always get rid of that, blur and subtitles. 

Same with motion blur. On Rage 2 there's also a problem with antialiasing and some blur at screen edges so the image still looks a bit soft but I think it's been done because the devs chose performace over graphics, which I can understand for a shooter. The only issue is that I'm on base PS4 so the sacrifice of graphics for 60fps doesn't exist and it's capped at 30. I can sort the problem out but only if I get it on PC so I have the option for it, which I'll maybe do in the near future.

It wouldn't normally be a problem but the open world looks brilliant at times and I'm liking taking screenshots. At least with chromatic off things have improved.

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Never heard of the cunt. 

3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Never heard of the cunt. 

I hadn't until I wondered what was wrong at times in games and found out. Glad I can remove it when I see it now.

I was looking at antialiasing as well and from what I can see it actually affects performance so it being in Rage 2 fairly heavily is a bit baffling. Either way I'll be glad to turn that off too if I get a PC version. I'm still at the start of the game really apart from wandering around a decent bit of the map last night for hours and eventually getting past the first boss, but will post thoughts on it when I've played enough.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Same with motion blur. On Rage 2 there's also a problem with antialiasing and some blur at screen edges so the image still looks a bit soft but I think it's been done because the devs chose performace over graphics, which I can understand for a shooter. The only issue is that I'm on base PS4 so the sacrifice of graphics for 60fps doesn't exist and it's capped at 30. I can sort the problem out but only if I get it on PC so I have the option for it, which I'll maybe do in the near future.

It wouldn't normally be a problem but the open world looks brilliant at times and I'm liking taking screenshots. At least with chromatic off things have improved.

Rage 2 is on Game Pass if you want to play it cheap on PC. It's also under 8 euro on CD Keys although I'm sure I got it cheaper than that. 

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I hadn't until I wondered what was wrong at times in games and found out. Glad I can remove it when I see it now.

I was looking at antialiasing as well and from what I can see it actually affects performance so it being in Rage 2 fairly heavily is a bit baffling. Either way I'll be glad to turn that off too if I get a PC version. I'm still at the start of the game really apart from wandering around a decent bit of the map last night for hours and eventually getting past the first boss, but will post thoughts on it when I've played enough.

I quite fancy a go at rage 2, I liked the original. It looks amazing in the reviews. 

9 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Rage 2 is on Game Pass if you want to play it cheap on PC. It's also under 8 euro on CD Keys although I'm sure I got it cheaper than that. 

Thanks I've used CD keys in the past so will probably do that. My old i5 doesn't even meet min requirements so don't want to risk this pc for such a fast paced game but I might have a new one soon so will get it from there then hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Anyone know anything about the Warhammer games? I've never played them and there's a few on humble bundle for about a tenner... 

Dawn of War was good when I played it years ago but that's kind of ancient now I think. They have a good rep for making those games though I think so could be good if you're into strategy.

And yeah Rage 2 is good so far, it seems like a great game for the combat and action if you're not looking for much else. So a good break from overly long open world games but one that can still last a while if you cover the map going for all of the stuff that's there instead of only focusing on the main story.