You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Can't go wrong with DS3 or Bloodborne. Both have the awesome detailed world and atmosphere to make up for slightly older (but damn great) mechanics. 

Dark Souls worth a play as well, especially to have a better understanding of DS3 - but it's a bit jankier. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on Saints Row 3 Remastered on and off for the last few days, and think it's brilliant. There's tons of stuff to do, it looks great and being in a city again in a game like this takes me right back to playing GTA 3 almost 2 decades ago. There's a few bugs here and there but nothing that's affected me badly so I'm really enjoying playing it.

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've been on Saints Row 3 Remastered on and off for the last few days, and think it's brilliant. There's tons of stuff to do, it looks great and being in a city again in a game like this takes me right back to playing GTA 3 almost 2 decades ago. There's a few bugs here and there but nothing that's affected me badly so I'm really enjoying playing it.

Is that on switch or another system? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Bloodborne's Nightmare of Mensis area can get to fuck. What crock of stupidly hard shite is that?!

Just stay out of the light. Run to the lamps, first midway through to the right. Second top right. Once you have that, you can easily run past stuff to the left and open up the shortcuts. Run and ignore the rock throwing dudes. 

• Upvote 1

Get through the big doors and you won’t get followed, as they turn back at the door. Loads of spiders in the main hall, (the big one can’t come through the doors, so retreat and be patient and pick him off. It can still hit you, so wait for his lunge and then punish and pick him off. After defeating him, you then have to fight a hunter, so take care of him. Afterwards, you can open the lifts which leads to a shortcut to second lamp I mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

On 27/06/2020 at 06:37, Paul said:

I’m deep into The Last Of Us Part II and it’s fucking great. Better even than the first one, for me. Easily a 10/10 game and right up there with the best I’ve ever played. 

Finished this. It’s amazing. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

Bloodborne.

Completed the first run through.

A great game.

Fucking hard but not as difficult as Sekiro. That one made me cry.

I've got Sekiro on my hard drive, don't think I'll bother if it's ridiculously hard.

32 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've got Sekiro on my hard drive, don't think I'll bother if it's ridiculously hard.

Once you get the hang of it, it's brilliant. Up there as one of the best games of any year. But there are moments where you just want to cry. By now there's a million and one YouTube walkthroughs too, I think the experience of playing it would outweigh the rage.

• Upvote 1

If you want to follow guides for Bloodborne or Sekiro, Fightincowboy is your man. He knows his shit and can guide you through the toughest parts of these games - souls; bloodborne; sekiro etc, as he narrates. 

Personally, think bloodborne is way harder than sekiro. But, really feel best way to play these type of games, is back-to-back.  Muscle memory in these games is a big factor, and these are similar in that regard. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Started last of us 2. Bit pissed off with how one bit of story has panned out. Great gameplay and graphics though.

Won’t do spoilers, but I absolutely loved the story. Think it’s the best balanced game I’ve played between narrative and gameplay. Reviewers love to go on about games being playable movies, but this is the only thing I’ve played where I think that is valid. You actually care about these characters which is very rare in my view. 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Is it? A lot of reviews were putting it up there with Soulsborne games in difficulty. I'll have to add it to the list then.

No chance.  I've played them all and this is far easier.  

If you are unsure about it, again, I would advise following fightincowboys walkthrough.  He breaks everything down and explains how to not overburden your self with armour and how armour sets work.  He also has multiple videos on weapon builds and crafting/smithing which is a key element late game.  Have a look before you dive in, as it can be quite daunting at first, especially as there are so many item drops.  

Also, you can summon NPC players to assist.  This makes it way easier for trickier boss fights. 

I rated it 10/10 not long ago, and am looking forward to the DLC which is released late July.

Happy to provide any help if you get stuck.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I've just ordered Doom Eternal, if it's as good as the last effort it'll be amazing.

If you enjoyed the first, you will love this one too.