You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Got a PS3 that I've barely touched , I have a couple of war games Inc call of duty ,medal of honour and Skyrim . Is there anywhere I can download cheap games or is sony the only place ? 

Not much of a gamer

If it is possible to jailbreak it and stick custom firmware on it then you can stick a load of illegally downloaded games on it. You'll have to Google which method to use depending on which model of PS3 you have and what firmware it is currently on. No idea myself what the current methods are or how difficult it is these days. 

31 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If it is possible to jailbreak it and stick custom firmware on it then you can stick a load of illegally downloaded games on it. You'll have to Google which method to use depending on which model of PS3 you have and what firmware it is currently on. No idea myself what the current methods are or how difficult it is these days. 

This site seems to cover it...

https://www.smartgametech.com/ps3-reactpsn-4-85-v3-20/

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This site seems to cover it...

https://www.smartgametech.com/ps3-reactpsn-4-85-v3-20/

Not sure what that is but I think you need to be on CFW to use it so already jailbroken. 

This could be helpful

http://wololo.net/2019/03/22/latest-ps3-firmware-4-84-now-hacked-thanks-to-hybrid-firmware-release/

Two timesinks for my time off, to stop me doing anything too useful.

Mount and Blade: Bannerlord - they've taken Warband and just made everything better. Took a little while to appreciate what it does better. It's early access, so needs a lot more to balance things and make some elements work properly (really needs something to manage the scale of battles as, while it is amazing being in the middle of a 1000 soldier battle it slows down a lot in crowded areas, for some sieges I end up just trying to avoid the main action). The fighting mechanics are another bit that just isn't as satisfying as Warband, you end up swinging and missing so much on horseback. It makes up for it in the battle management, the orders and commands give it a real RTS feel in amongst the action of the hack and slash. Love it. Still absolute computer game crack, can see myself uninstalling to just stop myself from playing it too much. Probably 8/10 at the moment, the full release has the potential to be a real classic. 

Pokemon Shield - got a few friends going on about Animal Crossing, but it just looks awful to me. Still was enough to convince me to try a different chilled out Nintendo game, nostalgia-fest. Enjoying my choice, even though the unskippable bits can drag a bit. 9/10

Still got Dragon Quest and Witcher 3 waiting for me as well. Played a lot this weekend, but finding I'm barely touching games during the week as working from home takes over everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a huge disappointment in comparison to the 2 that came before it. The side quests were a chore and they really took you away from the main quest. You could feel that you were just grinding your way through the game rather than actually playing it.

I think game developers need to get away from the endless side missions that add nothing to a game. It's just becoming dull and repetitive.

Guest Pistonbroke

Recently played AC Origins again on a harder level and it was as enjoyable as the first time, especially as I hadn't played the DLC 'Curse of the Pharos' first time around. 

Started playing 'Child of Light' being as Ubisoft were giving it away free, really good RPG. Decent story, great visuals and soundtrack. Could be a bit of a short game going by things so far like. 

Started Dead Cells the last few days. Absolutely the polar opposite of the Tomb Raider experience. The gameplay is fantastic and even if you die you don't feel it a chore to go back and start again. Similar to Sekiro, you will die but once you pass a section it all feels worth it.

On 13/05/2020 at 09:15, Bobby Hundreds said:

This titanfall 2 is one if the best shooters I've ever played. I never really heard much hype about it.

Picked this up for less than £4 on one of those cheap sites.  365games I think. 

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I've started Bloodborne. I thought it was a good idea after loving Sekiro. I might be wrong.

I'm not convinced going backwards on those games is a great idea, unless you go back to dark souls and go forward. 

2 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I'm not convinced going backwards on those games is a great idea, unless you go back to dark souls and go forward. 

I might look at doing that. I had recently picked up a PS Now subscription and DS aren't on there but BB is. I'll see if I can find the Dark Souls games on sale somewhere.

17 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I might look at doing that. I had recently picked up a PS Now subscription and DS aren't on there but BB is. I'll see if I can find the Dark Souls games on sale somewhere.

Bloodborne is brilliant, my favourite game. 

Dark Souls 3 is amazing too. I would highly recommend getting it with the dlc. 

DS2 has not aged well and is graphically poor. 

I have spent 100’s of hours acquiring platinum trophies for them all. You defo get your moneys worth with these games. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, skend04 said:

On PS4 the Dark Souls titles are holding their prices very well. £20 or thereabouts for the first one remastered! On Xbox you can get them cheaper, around £9. Best thing to do perhaps is go back as far as you reasonably can (Dark Souls 3 or 2 even) or get the trilogy for around £45. Like I say, on other formats they have really dropped in price.

57 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

On PS4 the Dark Souls titles are holding their prices very well. £20 or thereabouts for the first one remastered! On Xbox you can get them cheaper, around £9. Best thing to do perhaps is go back as far as you reasonably can (Dark Souls 3 or 2 even) or get the trilogy for around £45. Like I say, on other formats they have really dropped in price.

I can get DS3 off the Indonesian store for about £12. I'll see what else is available.