You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Anyone played the campaign on the new Cod yet. 

Looking forward to Star Wars release next month

Last of us 2 delayed so they've pushed back Ghosts of Tsushima aswell and some talk it might end up a PS5 release

I wonder how much of these pushbacks are to do with the uncertainties around UK and EU? Some games are being released, well rated and not performing at all financially. Notable pushbacks now include Doom Eternal, Last of Us 2, Ubisoft have pushed three back aswell. Too many titles, not enough buyers.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Do people really buy COD for the campaign? Multiplayer is the only decent thing about games these days imo. 

The great games of the last few years have been campaign based. Half Life 2, Uncharted series, Tomb Raider etc. Sure there are great multiplayer games but normally the best ones are dedicated multi-player. Unreal Tournament, Fortnite, Destiny etc. Trying to make games to cater for both rarely ends well on both sides. CoD is an example of that. The early titles were campaign based (Modern Warfare) that happened to launch the multiplayer phenomenon with CoD. 

Campaign games can be great, as can multiplayer games. Rarely can a game be great as both.

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The great games of the last few years have been campaign based. Half Life 2, Uncharted series, Tomb Raider etc. Sure there are great multiplayer games but normally the best ones are dedicated multi-player. Unreal Tournament, Fortnite, Destiny etc. Trying to make games to cater for both rarely ends well on both sides. CoD is an example of that. The early titles were campaign based (Modern Warfare) that happened to launch the multiplayer phenomenon with CoD. 

Campaign games can be great, as can multiplayer games. Rarely can a game be great as both.

Yeah, I think we like different things. Those games just aren't my thing. I think the campaigns are just like shit animated movies made by kids that you have to play along with. 

Probably just me, mate. 

On 28/10/2019 at 19:18, skend04 said:

Have put a pause on AC Odyssey and started Sekiro. Fucking hard or what?! Took me 2 hours to beat the first General. 

I've meant to go back to Dark Souls for ages and just can't be arsed getting teated every few minutes. Same reason I've not played this or Bloodbourne 

Got The Outer Worlds recently and rushed through to the end to see what it was like once I got so far, enjoyed playing it a lot. I don't like the settings of Fallout games any more and think they're too gloomy, but New Vegas was my fave game at one point so it was good to be playing a space game from the same creators.

It's a bit short at the moment (which was why I rushed to the ending, guessing it wouldn't take long) and the areas in the game aren't that big apart from one of them which is a decent size, but there's plenty of things to do and looking forward to starting another playthrough soon. Had loads of different sidequests left to do and that was my favourite part anyway, especially when you can do quests for several different factions. They should add extra content in the near future as well so it should be a bigger and better game once that's done.

12 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Got The Outer Worlds recently and rushed through to the end to see what it was like once I got so far, enjoyed playing it a lot. I don't like the settings of Fallout games any more and think they're too gloomy, but New Vegas was my fave game at one point so it was good to be playing a space game from the same creators.

It's a bit short at the moment (which was why I rushed to the ending, guessing it wouldn't take long) and the areas in the game aren't that big apart from one of them which is a decent size, but there's plenty of things to do and looking forward to starting another playthrough soon. Had loads of different sidequests left to do and that was my favourite part anyway, especially when you can do quests for several different factions. They should add extra content in the near future as well so it should be a bigger and better game once that's done.

Have you been keeping up with Star Citizen? The state of the game is pretty damn good now. It's CitizenCon in a couple of weeks, too. So we will have new shit. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Have you been keeping up with Star Citizen? The state of the game is pretty damn good now. It's CitizenCon in a couple of weeks, too. So we will have new shit. 

I go on their reddit every so often to see people talking about the roadmap updates, but haven't tried playing it. I've got an i5 2320 here and don't even have an ssd. Outer Worlds was played on PS4 and I'm gonna try getting a new pc next year if I can. If I manage to do that will probably give it a go. Am more interested in Squadron 42 as well to be honest, which will be late next year at the earliest I guess.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Outer worlds felt short as fuck. 

Yeah it will do if you mainly follow the main story and not do much other stuff (unless you also completed most sidequests, etc too, apologies if so.) Luckily I prefer doing the other parts more though mostly so still quite a lot left to do, or maybe I'm just slower at playing. I think the some of the characters and factions are well written and interesting too which helped with that. Looking forward to updates/dlc as well, which should help it seem more complete.

There's some bias here too though because New Vegas was such a huge game for me (until my shitty PS3 couldn't run the game properly once the save file got to a certain size with the memory issues it had), good to be playing an Obsidian RPG again.

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I go on their reddit every so often to see people talking about the roadmap updates, but haven't tried playing it. I've got an i5 2320 here and don't even have an ssd. Outer Worlds was played on PS4 and I'm gonna try getting a new pc next year if I can. If I manage to do that will probably give it a go. Am more interested in Squadron 42 as well to be honest, which will be late next year at the earliest I guess.

Sq42 should be good, it’ll be worth a play through for sure. That said, the persistent universe, with an ‘Organization’ or group of friends is where I will get most of my hours. 

35 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sq42 should be good, it’ll be worth a play through for sure. That said, the persistent universe, with an ‘Organization’ or group of friends is where I will get most of my hours. 

That sounds like it could be good too, am mainly sticking to single player at the moment here though. Am a bit tired of multiplayer for now after spending way too much time on Elder Scrolls Online over the last couple of years.

OK need a bit of advice

I need to start using my PS4, already got a few games lined up. But I don't get playstation plus and PlayStation now. 

Any advice

Got my xbox set up to gold and gamepass. 

Bought a switch today too with a few Mario games. Do they have a gamepass style option