You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Would give Detroit: Become Human about 7.5/10 I think after trying to go through the ending again a few more times.

I tried being peaceful, good to humans and also playing experienced difficulty on my first ever go at a game like this and definitely suffered for it. It clearly has grey areas though and you can't expect everything to turn out as well as you'd have liked once you've picked certain paths. Am gonna have to go back to it shortly and try to get all the main characters through that last chapter, because I really don't want to leave it (even though I've had other new games I'm waiting to play since I started on this) with any of them dead.

The story itself was something I found overly gloomy at times, maybe due to the peaceful path I tried to choose and the often barbaric response from humans. At the same time though it was also for me one of the strongest parts because it really made me think about what could happen in that situation, and it's a game that can definitely stick in your head if you're interested in scifi/AI. I also got really attached to Kara, Alice and Luther as the game went on and had several moments that freaked me out as I tried to make sure they were safe, so I thought they did well with some of the characters too.

Even though I do have some issues with it overall (I shortened this post down explaining more because it was too long) creating a story like this and putting the amount of effort into it that they have done with all of the different outcomes is something that I think is a great achievement.

Have just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider main story and would give the game 8/10.

I couldn't get into the setting as much as the other two in the trilogy, and because I'd already played the 3rd before this it felt a bit samey and also frustrating towards the end. It still had some great moments though and once the story was done I got more into exploring. The best bit of the game so far was probably the Baba Yaga mission which I thought was awesome.

Even though I like the graphical style of the 2013 game, the jump in quality from that to this one was insane and my pc was having none of it on highest settings so had to turn it down a bit, it still looked great though even with having to do that. As with the other two there's still quite a lot of stuff to go back and do as well and looking forward to it.

Got a fair few hours into RDR2 now and it's excellent, with just a few poorly designed mechanics fucking things up a bit.  The main issue is the way the game doesn't really let you play the game how you want, if it's decided that the mission is a stealth mission, then it's fine but try and take that approach in most situations and everyone knows who you are, where you are and what you're trying to do.  Otherwise Melee combat isn't terrible, but it's also pretty weak compared to most games out there these days, dead-eye is gimmicky wank and duelling (or, more accurately, the explanation of it) is pretty frustrating.  Lightly press a button, then press the same button, aim (if you didn't quite press the button enough) and then press the same button again... genius.

Also love it when you hop off your horse for a second it immediately throws itself under the nearest train.

Still it's compulsive stuff, wasted so much time hunting and losing money at poker already.  Let alone played the actual game.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Odyssey is very similar to origins. But when you can get it cheap it's worth playing if you like long story driven games

Odyssey seemed to come out very quickly after Origins. I purchased Origins at full price and I did enjoy it but there was no way I was going to pay full price for Odyssey when it was likely to be similar. £28.99 seems a reasonable deal.

25 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I picked up Odyssey for £17 from the Indonesian PS Store today. It's got to be worth it at that price surely.

How much did it cost to get to Indonesia?

Odysses is better than origins. It's great the story is great the missions don't seem to get boring even though there's billions of them and it looks amazing. The voice acting from the main character can be a bit wooden but that's about it.  Make sure you climb every eagle point you see so traveling gets easier.

I can’t be arsed with the long cut scenes to move the story on. I started skipping from dialogue to dialogue just reading the subtitles but then moved on to just skipping it all. The cut scenes alone must add hours to the time you spend on it.  

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Gears of war ultimate edition on Xbox one s.   10/10

fun

Never really played Gears of War. How bad does that sound? Will have to give it a whirl as I think I have it somewhere...Currently replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order on Xbox One X. That is such a brilliant game.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Never really played Gears of War. How bad does that sound? Will have to give it a whirl as I think I have it somewhere...Currently replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order on Xbox One X. That is such a brilliant game.

I’ll be going straight into two once I beat this.   Wolfe stein was great.   Sequel wasn’t a bad game either.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

I’ll be going straight into two once I beat this.   Wolfe stein was great.   Sequel wasn’t a bad game either.

I know there were three Gears of Wars on the Xbox 360, how many of them were 'remastered'?

19 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I know there were three Gears of Wars on the Xbox 360, how many of them were 'remastered'?

If you haven't played them it will be worth your while looking at Game Pass. All on there with loads of other good stuff and you should be able to get the first month for a quid. 

• Upvote 1