You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Impressive how fun a game can be despite the fact I'm nowhere near winning.  It's not as stressful as PUBG, still gets intense when you hit the last 10 though.  It's much more out in the open because you don't blend in.

Anyway, speaking of games that fund despite me being shit, I'm playing DS3 again.

Forza Horizon 3 Enhanced on Xbox One X is spectacular.

Legend of Zelda just loaded up on Switch. Looks like a very special game.

Going to have to give Fortnite a go. I thought it was free to play, maybe not.

Forza Horizon 3 Enhanced on Xbox One X is spectacular.

Legend of Zelda just loaded up on Switch. Looks like a very special game.

Going to have to give Fortnite a go. I thought it was free to play, maybe not.

There are 2 parts to Fortnite.

PvP - Battle Royale is free.

PvE - Save The World costs from £32.99 on PSN. (You get Battle Royale with this too).

There are 2 parts to Fortnite.

PvP - Battle Royale is free.

PvE - Save The World costs from £32.99 on PSN. (You get Battle Royale with this too).

Is it better to play other players or to pay for the ability to play the environment?

I've only played a couple of games of Fortnite. The first I ran into the action but died before getting a weapon, and the second I hid for all of the round, and got down to the last three.

I feel like there's a happy medium I'm yet to find.

Yep. If you can get to grips with building, then the game becomes more than just hiding in bushes...

Grandia 2 (Dreamcast)

Slow-burning RPG which drags you in.  Anyone who's an RPG noob, i.e. you've only played Final Fantasy VII, will be able to pick this up and play it without too much thought.  

I like the mild swearing, characters and general themes.  With a few nice set-pieces and trippy battle sequences involving all sorts of weird foes, this ticked my RPG boxes nicely.  

8/10

Yep. If you can get to grips with building, then the game becomes more than just hiding in bushes...

I think I need to spend a bit of time watching other people playing it. I get the feeling that once it clicks with me I won't be playing much else though, so I'm kinda putting off delving headlong into it.

My kids are on Fortnite all the time, it looks a bit boring to me. Yet infinitely more exciting than Minecraft, thank god that's passed by. 

I'd forgotten i'd downloaded Hitman : Absolution on to the XBox one about a year ago. So I finally started it last night, i'm gutted the leather clad stripper Nuns haven't turned up yet but i am enjoying throwing knives into peoples heads.  

Still slamming my face against DS3.  It's a great game, but no way would I have persevered if it hadn't have been for online maps.  Some of the areas are so bleak and open, it's so easy to lose your bearings.  Then you meet a tough bastard and panic sets in.  Then you beat him and it's fucking great - until you realise how many souls you now have on you...

Feel a touch overlevelled (but I am experienced enough to cope with the bosses at this point) and haven't dabbled with being embered outside of boss battles.  Think I might need to, to see how I really measure up.  Haven't farmed (other than for buying some items for a questline). 

I'd say it's a solid 9/10 right now.

Also given Mighty Number Nine a go and early impressions are - apart from the annoying unskippable dialogue - that it's not as bad as has been made out.  It's no Mega Man game, but it seems a fun platformer to mess about with regardless.  On PS Plus at the moment.

Still slamming my face against DS3.  It's a great game, but no way would I have persevered if it hadn't have been for online maps.  Some of the areas are so bleak and open, it's so easy to lose your bearings.  Then you meet a tough bastard and panic sets in.  Then you beat him and it's fucking great - until you realise how many souls you now have on you...

Feel a touch overlevelled (but I am experienced enough to cope with the bosses at this point) and haven't dabbled with being embered outside of boss battles.  Think I might need to, to see how I really measure up.  Haven't farmed (other than for buying some items for a questline). 

I'd say it's a solid 9/10 right now.

I can't get passed the first cunt. Thinking I might have started wrong. 

The fella with the spike through him?  I think in the second phase you just need to hit him with firebombs, then roll into his attacks.  He's got a lot of range so get close.

The other I found from my first playthrough was picking a bad class.  I think I went for one of the quicker ones, but starting again as a Herald really helped as your shield is much stronger and can absorb much more.

I just ran into my first invader, nearly kicked him off a ledge but he slapped me about pretty easily.  The lag was utter shite though.