You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Shame. I used to spend hours playing the Microsoft Links games on my PC,these and Virtual Pool Hall,version 4 I think? Great games as I prefer simulations to gameplay.

It is available for PC;

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/03/16/golf-club-collectors-edition/

New one being released in June;

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2017/05/01/golf-club-2-release-date-june-27th/

• 2 weeks later...

In that newest HumbleBundle you can get 80 Days and Her Story for 1$. 80 Days is awesome and Her Story - while not being an actual game - is an intriguing experience. NOt to mention that on the other tiers if you spend a little more you get stuff like Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gameon-bundle#heading-logo

I had everything on there already apart from Worms, probably from previous Humble Bundles. 80 Days is well worth a go and The Stanley Parable is ace.

The Indie 18 bundle they have is really good.

As for playing stuff, I finally finished This Is The Police. It was fucking great, then it was too long, then it did my head in by seemingly being a bit broken gameplay wise and then it ended. 6/10. It would be higher if it was shorter.

So, new laptop runs Overwatch quite nicely...  bounced off it on PS4, but on PC this free weekend got me.  Really fun game once you get your bearings.  When your team hits a good balance it's so sweet.

£17 from Blizzard direct for the next week as well. 

I just picked up Guilty Gear Revelator Xrd 2 on PS4, a Japanese 'Street Fighter' clone and it kicks Street Fighter's ass. Brilliant game but quite tricky to beat the faster, more powerful opponents.

I'm quite looking forward to getting Injustice 2 now as I like a good fighting game.

• 2 weeks later...

Ori and the Blind Forest on the laptop (half price on steam so went for it), enjoying it a lot. Although it falls into obtuse-platformer territory here and there (one bit in particular could've done with a couple of checkpoints - maybe it does on the lower difficulties, I don't know...).

Actually reminds me a lot of Dust from a few years back, that was a class modern platformer with a load of old-school elements thrown in as well.

Are you playing it in just your underpants with a pint of lager?

Who has a pint of lager in their underpants? This is very unusual. I hope there is a glass to hold it in.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - The New Order was really good but suffered from bad bottle neck difficulty spikes, including an incredibly frustrating last boss, but the New Blood is just flat out fun. For the first half it's identical mechanics to the main game and then it flips it all on its head and becomes a different beast. If the first game was about mad Nazi science, this one is about mad Nazi occult mysticism and lots of shooting. 8.5 out of 10.

Ori and the Blind Forest on the laptop (half price on steam so went for it), enjoying it a lot. Although it falls into obtuse-platformer territory here and there (one bit in particular could've done with a couple of checkpoints - maybe it does on the lower difficulties, I don't know...).

Actually reminds me a lot of Dust from a few years back, that was a class modern platformer with a load of old-school elements thrown in as well.

Sequel was announced at E3 if you enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nioh - 8/10. Like souls games, really difficult but brilliant at the same time.

Witcher 3 goty edition - 10/10. Perfection. If you get the chance to play it, do so.

Nier: Automata - 4/10. Had high hopes for this after the reviews, but just couldn't get into it. Has its good points, but really underwhelming in the end.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, Nier Automata was going to be next on my list, but the price has stuck pretty high. I've got such a backlog now that I'm not paying more than £20 for a game these days.

I'll probably go back to Nioh at some stage too, but I got all pissy after dying and losing a ton of progress so I traded it in. Great combat, but it didn't have pause at the time which got a bit tiresome.

I picked nier up for £30 from Argos and got £26 cash at CEX, and could have got £31 trade.

Most reviews are brilliant for it, but it just didn't grip me and I found it a real grind. The trophy shop to purchase all trophies to obtain the platinum is inspired though.

So, new laptop runs Overwatch quite nicely...  bounced off it on PS4, but on PC this free weekend got me.  Really fun game once you get your bearings.  When your team hits a good balance it's so sweet.

£17 from Blizzard direct for the next week as well. 

Put 23 hours into this in a month. I like it.

I've been playing that with my nephew, it's brilliant. There are some great film references that fly right over his head but he finds it funny anyway.

Oh aye.  The Arnie references in one of the missions had me in stitches.  Brilliantly made games and a whole heap of fun.