You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Picked up X:Com2 and it's X:Com, so ace. Of course the PS4 has stripped all of the effects and graphical updates which caused the game to fuck up on my PC (leading me to get a refund).  Still stutters at times and this is a game from a year ago...

9/10 for the game

5/10 for the console in this case.

Uncharted 4 - 9/10. As enjoyable as all the others. I assume, from the title and ending, that that's it now though.

They're bringing out a stand alone game/DLC called Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

It will have Nadine and Chloe as the main characters.

The reveal trailer is available on youtube.

• 1 month later...

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - Tough one because I've been a huge RE aficionado since the original PS One game but I wasn't enamoured with the move to FPS as I much prefer third person games. Felt the first half built up the atmosphere and tension will enough, even if it was ripping off recent games and older films, but once you realise no one can follow you into a save room and that the stalking characters have preset areas it becomes a lot less scary. In fact I'd say it was the least scary entry after 5 but it was tense, I'll give it that. The story was above average considering how convoluted the series had become and I know a lot of the criticism of the game was about the second half of it but I actually enjoyed that as it was more standard Resident Evil stuff. 7 out of 10.

Nioh - I've only played fifteen minutes of it but it has all the makings of a cracker. Brilliant combat and each downed enemy gives a real buzz of achievement. Happy with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished Tomb Raider Definitive Edition today. It's a few years old but it was so refreshing, a game that put the story above punishing the player in the set pieces. That's not taking away from the gameplay either. It's easily an 8.5/10 game.

I loved it.

Get on Horizon: Zero Dawn, if you've not already. Quite similar to Tomb Raider albeit mixed in with more RPG elements.

Finished Tomb Raider Definitive Edition today. It's a few years old but it was so refreshing, a game that put the story above punishing the player in the set pieces. That's not taking away from the gameplay either. It's easily an 8.5/10 game.

I preferred that game to Rise Of The Tomb Raider, absolutely loved it. There's not too many games I bother playing again once completed, but that was one of them.

Edit - currently playing The Last Of Us for the second time at the moment, another classic. Can't wait for the sequel.

I loved it.

Get on Horizon: Zero Dawn, if you've not already. Quite similar to Tomb Raider albeit mixed in with more RPG elements.

I picked up Arkhamm Knight in the same sale so will be on that next. But will definitely be looking to get Horizon and the second Tomb Raider afterwards.

I preferred that game to Rise Of The Tomb Raider, absolutely loved it. There's not too many games I bother playing again once completed, but that was one of them.

Edit - currently playing The Last Of Us for the second time at the moment, another classic. Can't wait for the sequel.

Last of Us is great.

Picked up The Golf Club Collectors Edition for under a tenner the other day. It's pretty good, difficult to master but that's better than having all the putting, spin aids etc like on Tiger Woods/Rory Mcilroy. The clincher is the course downloader, no license means that people replicate Augusta, St Andrews et al and throw them out there for people to play. I've only gone round under par once so far so it's a difficult learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up The Golf Club Collectors Edition for under a tenner the other day. It's pretty good, difficult to master but that's better than having all the putting, spin aids etc like on Tiger Woods/Rory Mcilroy. The clincher is the course downloader, no license means that people replicate Augusta, St Andrews et al and throw them out there for people to play. I've only gone round under par once so far so it's a difficult learning curve.

Is this on PC or a console?