You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Anyone played Kingdom Come Deliverance and how did you get on with it?

Keep meaning to try it and notice it's £4.99 in the PlayStation sale. 

I'd 100% bite at that price. Medieval RPG combat action. I played on PC, PS4 supposedly suffers long load times but easily worth a couple of chicken burgers.

On 19/10/2023 at 10:16, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Starting to get bored of Starfield. It's just not the same experience without a continuous landscape to explore. You get a mission to some far flung planet, but it's not intrepid exploration, more a series of loading screens and animations. Traveling light years has the same impact as opening a door. Meh.

It also has far too many quality weapons. You don't have to work for some legendary firearm, saving your pennies or killing a boss, you'll just trip over one. Makes it feel like a loot-based shooter at times. 

Just started this (on about ten hours so far) and it’s brilliant, but having to get to your ship, take off, travel to another system or planet…etc means it’s not really as fluid as Fallout or Skyrim. 

I’m really enjoying it but all of the above is very fiddly too.

Still haven’t got to grips with how to navigate all of the above a little quicker or easier. The cues from the game to help you get used to the mechanics are pretty lacking. 

Only just realised that I have a storage crate built into a control panel on the ship you are given, been travelling back to the bloody Lodge to store things up till now. No prompts or mention on the game of this until you are a few missions in. 

Fantastic game but as per the norm with Bethesda there are simple things that could have been done better.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I've started Cyberpunk now as it's been fixed. It's very good.

Only the xbox series version has it all on disc in the ultimate edition - pc and ps5 are downloads. 

I've gotten further into Remnant from the ashes - you might like it after the first couple of hours.

7 hours ago, Juniper said:

Just started this (on about ten hours so far) and it’s brilliant, but having to get to your ship, take off, travel to another system or planet…etc means it’s not really as fluid as Fallout or Skyrim. 

I’m really enjoying it but all of the above is very fiddly too.

Still haven’t got to grips with how to navigate all of the above a little quicker or easier. The cues from the game to help you get used to the mechanics are pretty lacking. 

Only just realised that I have a storage crate built into a control panel on the ship you are given, been travelling back to the bloody Lodge to store things up till now. No prompts or mention on the game of this until you are a few missions in. 

Fantastic game but as per the norm with Bethesda there are simple things that could have been done better.

Once you've been to a location you can fast travel to it without having to do the whole take off/orbit/land thing, you can also fast travel while over encumbered if you're piloting the ship at the time.

It's especially useful if you're using the safe in the lodge for infinite storage and you're both over encumbered and maxed out on ship storage (assuming you put everything in your personal storage first) as the fast travel will put you outside the lodge instead of having to make the slow trek from the space port.

I enjoyed it while I played it and 'finished' the main story (I hard saved at the final decision, played through the official ending to see what happened and reverted to the previous save) but I've felt no enthusiasm to go and play it again or continue from where I left off.

A lot of pressure on Bethesda (and ES6) after Fallout 76 and Starfield to deliver, don't want to be on a hattrick of underwhelming releases.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Jet Wash Simulator is way more fun that it sounds. Really relaxing game if you're a sad cunt like me.

I quite enjoyed that, think it was free through Game Pass a while back. On an even more basic level, some of the hidden object games like Hidden Folks and the Cats Hidden in... series are nice, chilled games too, perfect if you have half an hour to spare and want something bite-sized.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just ordered Fight Night Round 4 for the PS3. Fiver on Amazon including postage. 

Absolutely loved that game when it was new.  Rolling back the years at Castle Turdseye.

Currently replaying GTA5. It’s obviously a bit dated, especially after coming straight from Red Dead 2, but it’s still a great game. The next one can surely be nothing except the greatest game of all time. 

Gt7 - 10/10, until it makes to do dirt races then it's 3/10. Don't know why they kept that shit in the game, it's fucking terrible. 

Tekken 8 - 8/10. Really enjoying it at the moment. All the characters seem pretty fun to play. Slowly chipping through the story while doing the odd arcade. I miss the old bonus arcade videos though. Give me my reward! Guessing the equivalent is probably in the character 'episodes', haven't touched them yet.

Just got around to finishing Cyberpunk. It definitely feels like the game they advertised now. 

Not sure I'll bother going back to Starfield though.

Really want to get Rise of the Ronin, play it early with everyone else, but I've got God of War: Ragnarok waiting to be played. Life is tough.

16 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just got around to finishing Cyberpunk. It definitely feels like the game they advertised now. 

Not sure I'll bother going back to Starfield though.

Really want to get Rise of the Ronin, play it early with everyone else, but I've got God of War: Ragnarok waiting to be played. Life is tough.

Don't sleep on Lies of P if you've not played that, strangely unheralded game.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...