You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

18 hours ago, skend04 said:

Grabbed Dark Souls 3 for £8 last week (gutted as you can get it with the Witcher 3 for £5 from Game) and I beat the first boss without dying 500 times to do it. Fuck knows what happened there as I didn't even cheese the boss and I beat it first time.

Amazing game. 

On 13/04/2021 at 17:08, skend04 said:

Grabbed Dark Souls 3 for £8 last week (gutted as you can get it with the Witcher 3 for £5 from Game) and I beat the first boss without dying 500 times to do it. Fuck knows what happened there as I didn't even cheese the boss and I beat it first time.

How you getting on?

Binned off Divinity, hit a storyline with 3 tough fights in a row. Got through the first two but the third seemed like one of those things you need to find out about to properly strategise for. Anyway it wiped me and when I reloaded I was right back at the start - around 2 hours lost.

So, in the bin. Definitely exceeded the 'life's too short' threshold there. That kind of thing is great if you give me a checkpoint, but no time for that kind of iterative experience.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

How you getting on?

I've got past the second boss and now in the Undead Village. The bosses seem to be easier than some of the NPCs which are tough. Great game so far though, really into the Souls formula now. Not sure how a more open world Elden Ring will work in comparison to the tighter maps in previous games.

19 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, it's ace. The bosses take some time to ramp up, but the variety is great. You're right about the other tougher enemies. That red-eyed knight before Vordt is a proper nob.

Yeah. Took an age, especially as the Knights in that area are bastards too if not good at parrying or slow on the block.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Binned off Divinity, hit a storyline with 3 tough fights in a row. Got through the first two but the third seemed like one of those things you need to find out about to properly strategise for. Anyway it wiped me and when I reloaded I was right back at the start - around 2 hours lost.

So, in the bin. Definitely exceeded the 'life's too short' threshold there. That kind of thing is great if you give me a checkpoint, but no time for that kind of iterative experience.

You can save whenever you want in Divinity, can't you?

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

You can save whenever you want in Divinity, can't you?

Yes, but I'm spoiled by autosaves and, considering the game has autosave, it should save!

(basically I'm spoiled and throwing my toys out the pram)

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Yes, but I'm spoiled by autosaves and, considering the game has autosave, it should save!

(basically I'm spoiled and throwing my toys out the pram)

Ha, fair enough. I just hit quicksave before I go and do something stupid, I never trust autosaves. Not sure if it's Original Sin 2 you were playing, but I just started that last weekend, and it'll keep up to 25 auto- and quicksaves, which is nice. The only thing it's missing, which would have helped you, is autosaving every x minutes- that can be a bit dodgy though as you can overwrite a save you meant to keep.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Ha, fair enough. I just hit quicksave before I go and do something stupid, I never trust autosaves. Not sure if it's Original Sin 2 you were playing, but I just started that last weekend, and it'll keep up to 25 auto- and quicksaves, which is nice. The only thing it's missing, which would have helped you, is autosaving every x minutes- that can be a bit dodgy though as you can overwrite a save you meant to keep.

Yeah, it was a pretty key plot point as well so I feel it should have been situational. But worth hammering that F5. It's very good, tough and felt a lot more on the rails than I expected, but some great writing and I was enjoying it. But not enough to do all that again.

Will probably return at some point, but not for a bit.

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, it was a pretty key plot point as well so I feel it should have been situational. But worth hammering that F5. It's very good, tough and felt a lot more on the rails than I expected, but some great writing and I was enjoying it. But not enough to do all that again.

Will probably return at some point, but not for a bit.

I had a quick read around as I didn't want to mess up my initial build, and it seems the first few hours are the toughest. I'm enjoying it so far, just on the first island though so barely scratched the surface as yet.

58 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I had a quick read around as I didn't want to mess up my initial build, and it seems the first few hours are the toughest. I'm enjoying it so far, just on the first island though so barely scratched the surface as yet.

Are going with a fully customised build, or one of the preset characters. Sebille was my main char.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Are going with a fully customised build, or one of the preset characters. Sebille was my main char.

I went for this one as I quite liked the idea, and it's always fun being massively OP in a CRPG- https://fextralife.com/divinity-original-sin-2-builds-eternal-warrior-death-knight-perfected/

I think my next steps will be recruiting party members- I want the lizard because he's a sarcy bastard and Sebile looks an interesting character as well.

Edit- keep forgetting to ask, what are you playing it on? 

30 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I went for this one as I quite liked the idea, and it's always fun being massively OP in a CRPG- https://fextralife.com/divinity-original-sin-2-builds-eternal-warrior-death-knight-perfected/

I think my next steps will be recruiting party members- I want the lizard because he's a sarcy bastard and Sebile looks an interesting character as well.

Edit- keep forgetting to ask, what are you playing it on? 

PC.  Kept it as blind as I could going in.

I had Sebille, the Red Prince, Ifan and Lohse. Was intrigued by Fane, but was already invested in these by the time I found him.

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2021 at 12:56, skend04 said:

Yeah. Took an age, especially as the Knights in that area are bastards too if not good at parrying or slow on the block.

The bastard Prince Lorian is getting on my tits. Absolutely ridiculous boss this. Only got to the second phase once.

• 3 weeks later...

Started Ratchet and Clank yesterday after deciding I need a break from getting my arse handed to me by the Nameless King. Amazing looking game, and the early gameplay looks great. But it crashed the PS5 the first time I died despite insomniac releasing a patch or 2 already. Will swerve until it's sorted