You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Yakuza 0.

10/10, one of the best games I've ever played, and hands down the best voice acting in any game I've played to date. Can't believe there's an entire series of Yakuza games out there and I hadn't heard about them until I picked this up.  It's currently on sale for $6 on the Australian PSN store, so might be on sale on the UK store too.

• Upvote 1

Monster Train- 10/10. A fantastic roguelike deck-builder, it's basically digital crack- I've put 100 hrs into it so far, and could probably get at least 100 more with the expert challenges. Superbly designed, when things come together with your deck, it's absolutely amazing to see the various interactions play out together. DLC's out next month too, can't wait.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102190/Monster_Train/

On 08/02/2021 at 19:47, paddyberger said:

Been playing GTA V again, the depth of that game is insane.

The new heist can be done solo and can get you money very easily once you know what you are doing.

Me and my friends still play online on this at least once a week.

The ability to download custom races and deathmatches plus the multiple other different modes and then put them all together in a playlist is such a simple, yet great feature.

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Me and my friends still play online on this at least once a week.

The ability to download custom races and deathmatches plus the multiple other different modes and then put them all together in a playlist is such a simple, yet great feature.

I used to love playing Rockets v Insurgents playlist. Really funny to play with mates. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/02/2021 at 10:31, Bobby Hundreds said:

Ace combat 7 is about 8 quid on the playstore the minute. I ain't played a flight combat game since wings on the amiga, its decent and something different from my other stuff.

Have you got your brown wings yet?

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Enjoying my racing games again. Picked up Dirt Rally 2.0 for a tenner and Project Cars 2 with all DLC for 11 quid. Absolute bargain and both are great racers.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is mustard too if you like the more respectful racer.

Dirt Rally 2.0 8/10

Project Cars 2 9/10

AC Comp 7.5/10

Project Cars 2 on VR is pretty special but hard as it's difficult to see the track ahead. Dirt Rally on VR is so realistic it gave me motion sickness. Haven't tried Assetto Corsa yet so will load that up soon.

The king of racers though is Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon. Different level.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Project Cars 2 on VR is pretty special but hard as it's difficult to see the track ahead. Dirt Rally on VR is so realistic it gave me motion sickness. Haven't tried Assetto Corsa yet so will load that up soon.

The king of racers though is Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon. Different level.

Oh yeah love those i prefer australia in horizon 3 though. Apparently Horizon 5 is in japan.

gotta say xbox game pass is great value in lockdown.

On 26/01/2021 at 13:35, Herp McDerp said:

Yakuza 0.

10/10, one of the best games I've ever played, and hands down the best voice acting in any game I've played to date. Can't believe there's an entire series of Yakuza games out there and I hadn't heard about them until I picked this up.  It's currently on sale for $6 on the Australian PSN store, so might be on sale on the UK store too.

I’ve recently finished the newest one, Like a Dragon. It’s a big change with the move to turn based battles, but it has instantly become one of my favourite games. The new protagonist is great, the story had me hooked and it’s batshit insane.

I’ve bought several of the Yakuza games through the years but never saw one through or even got especially far until Like a Dragon but I’m now mopping up side quests and attempting to play through all of the others on Game Pass over the next few months. I’ve just started 0.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I played yakuza 0 and in the middle of judgement both have had side missions of catching a knicker sniffer. Japanese are weird kinky people.

You're not wrong there, Japan has some weird stuff. I recently picked up Gal Gun on steam for a fiver as its just been updated to VR. It's a gun game (like house of the dead) but instead of shooting zombies with a bullet gun, you have to shoot girls in their hotpots with a pheromone gun. Genuinely mental. 

Been hitting Bloodborne again. Pretty close to the end now, so subjecting myself to the DLC. 

Third run at this, might actually finish it this time. Didn't really quit it the last time, life just took me away from it. Still think it's one of the best games I've ever played.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Started playing final fantasy 7 remake. I've never played a final fantasy game before, seems okay so far.

Might have been worth playing the original first, a fair bit of the remake will go over your head. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I quite like it, its engaging. The japanese love their insane over the top annoying characters though, the guy on the motorbike you just think nah he's got to go. For a country that's concerned about its birth rate and censors a lot they're a land of kinky perverts. I want to live there.

Ghost of Tsushima is the only Japanese based game I could get into. It's all a bit too wacky for me most of the other stuff like Yakuza, FF, etc.