You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

16 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Mad Max should be cheap and is pretty good. Half Life 2 is very good. I assume you've played Witcher 3. Skyrim. Monster Hunter Iceborne.

Not played Monster Hunter, played the others.

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Spiderman 

Not a fan of that, bored me to tears.

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Not played Monster Hunter, played the others.

Not a fan of that, bored me to tears.

Perhaps try Monster Hunter: World as it's pretty cheap as the base game. I think Iceborne is an expansion pack. I've seen World for £14.99 so it could be possible to even get it cheaper. It is extremely well reviewed and I have Iceborne on PS4. It's a levelling up action RPG so it could be on similar lines to a Jurassic Fallout.

23 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Perhaps try Monster Hunter: World as it's pretty cheap as the base game. I think Iceborne is an expansion pack. I've seen World for £14.99 so it could be possible to even get it cheaper. It is extremely well reviewed and I have Iceborne on PS4. It's a levelling up action RPG so it could be on similar lines to a Jurassic Fallout.

Is there plenty of free roaming and side quests to do?

Wasn't that latest Star Wars game an open world as well? Not a fan of Star Wars but would play it if it's got a good single player mode.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

So potentially, if I've got the save files from the previous games I could play them just using the Hitman 3 disc or download? That sounds bitching 

I think so, not sure how they get shifted over, u know you need a ioi account(games create) but not sure on all the details. But even if you haven't all the maps are on the new disc just like all Hitman 1 maps where on Hitman 2 disc

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Hitman III has arrived today, I thought it was out later this week.

But of luck, not out till tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Is there plenty of free roaming and side quests to do?

Wasn't that latest Star Wars game an open world as well? Not a fan of Star Wars but would play it if it's got a good single player mode.

I have Star Wars Squadrons but still not loaded it up. I've got so many games ready to try and not tried. But the campaign is around 14 missions with each one taking about thirty minutes. I think that's kind of the training mode for when you want to play online. I got it for £20. Possibly worth a pick-up for about £15.

Monster Hunter has about 25 main quests plus many optional quests, the main quests will take around 50 hours and the sides will take probably about the same. It's open world and you can only do quests that you qualify for through experience and equipment and it's both single player and online. There's an interesting aspect where if you are struggling with a monster in a quest you can summon help from an online player who will then come into your game and help defeat the monster. This is completely optional.

It's a very well reviewed game and it is Capcom's biggest selling game ever - it's not for everyone as it's quite grindy (that's just the reality of the open world genre, I think Fallout is the same) and it is hugely popular.

There is also Dragon's Dogma:Arisen which is similar - some people say it's better but it's not as popular.

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

I have Star Wars Squadrons but still not loaded it up. I've got so many games ready to try and not tried. But the campaign is around 14 missions with each one taking about thirty minutes. I think that's kind of the training mode for when you want to play online. I got it for £20. Possibly worth a pick-up for about £15.

Monster Hunter has about 25 main quests plus many optional quests, the main quests will take around 50 hours and the sides will take probably about the same. It's open world and you can only do quests that you qualify for through experience and equipment and it's both single player and online. There's an interesting aspect where if you are struggling with a monster in a quest you can summon help from an online player who will then come into your game and help defeat the monster. This is completely optional.

It's a very well reviewed game and it is Capcom's biggest selling game ever - it's not for everyone as it's quite grindy (that's just the reality of the open world genre, I think Fallout is the same) and it is hugely popular.

There is also Dragon's Dogma:Arisen which is similar - some people say it's better but it's not as popular.

You've convinced me mate. Once I'm finished with Control I'll get it.

On 18/01/2021 at 20:39, Elite said:

I'm looking for a good open world game on PS4.

Big fan of the following:

Days Gone 

Zero Dawn Horizon 

Ghost Of Tsushima 

Fallout 

Obviously not Cyberpunk or any AC/Ubisoft games.

It’s Ubisoft, but Immortals: Fenix Rising is brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul said:

It’s Ubisoft, but Immortals: Fenix Rising is brilliant. 

I fancy that but will wait for the price to drop.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If death stranding is ever on super cheap sale get that. Its marmite so its best getting it when its cheap enough that you're not arsed if you don't like it. I loved it in the end.

There's not much action in that is there?

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I fancy that but will wait for the price to drop.

There's not much action in that is there?

There is if you go looking for it but really if its an action game you're after I'd swerve it. This is very narrative based and the narrative is slightly bonkers as are the characters which is what you'd expect from hideo kojima  youve got to be patient and slog it out. Some people loathed the game and others loved it, I was expecting to hate it but I got it for around 12 quid so thought fuck it...not like I've fuck all else to do in lockdown. 

The other obvious one is the Death Stranding guy's previous game, Metal Gear Solid V. That's super cheap. I've picked up Death Stranding when it was £14 at Argos.

While I wait for a few more patches before starting Cyberpunk I’ve started the remastered version version of Skyrim on my Xbox One, was on sale on the Microsoft store for £11.

First time I’ve played it since 2011 on my Xbox 360 and I’ve fallen in love with it again.

The first time I’d not played anything similar and eventually lost interest, think it’s definitely helped being addicted to Fallout 4 for a long period of time since. 

Great game. Really enjoying it again. Should keep me entertained for a few more months yet. 

On 22/01/2021 at 11:32, Juniper said:

While I wait for a few more patches before starting Cyberpunk I’ve started the remastered version version of Skyrim on my Xbox One, was on sale on the Microsoft store for £11.

First time I’ve played it since 2011 on my Xbox 360 and I’ve fallen in love with it again.

The first time I’d not played anything similar and eventually lost interest, think it’s definitely helped being addicted to Fallout 4 for a long period of time since. 

Great game. Really enjoying it again. Should keep me entertained for a few more months yet. 

Never enjoyed it as much as oblivion myself. Might have to go back and play that again soon 

Having a go with Hitman 3 today.  Great, just like the last two. Was a pain in the arse transferring progress though (and it suggests that if I pick it up on PS5 I won't be able to transfer my progress).  Also annoying that I leant someone Hitman 2 and can't activate the levels without the disc...

23 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Having a go with Hitman 3 today.  Great, just like the last two. Was a pain in the arse transferring progress though (and it suggests that if I pick it up on PS5 I won't be able to transfer my progress).  Also annoying that I leant someone Hitman 2 and can't activate the levels without the disc...

Should be arriving today. I've got Hitman 2 off PS Now and apparently it does allow you to get the access pack to play the maps in Hitman 3. So essentially picking up 2 games for £45. I'll take that.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Should be arriving today. I've got Hitman 2 off PS Now and apparently it does allow you to get the access pack to play the maps in Hitman 3. So essentially picking up 2 games for £45. I'll take that.

Hadn't thought of that, I have PS Now. Will give it a go.

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

And Hitman 1 maps so three 

I've finished it

Still loads of replay. The fact they've locked escalations behind the deluxe pack is a twat though. I'm not paying £30 extra for 6 escalations. Hopefully additional content and elusive targets will get added later