You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've fucked cyberpunk off. Im not playing it while it keeps crashing. Im using a normal ps4 maybe its better on a ps4 Pro but if you ain't got one or a ps5 I'd swerve until its sorted. Shite.

Was going to pick it up hoping it would work on the PS5, for most part I think it does according to the interweb boards but I'm going to wait for the actual PS5 version. Ive seen videos that show it running close to 60fps but I'll wait until I get a full game and not one with loads of bugs.

So far now I'm further on im really enjoying death standing. Ar first I thought christ it really is a walking simulator but it improves as the game goes on, really like the idea of combined resources to build roads and infrastructure. Its from the maker of metal gear so obviously its bonkers with bizarre characters. Visually its amazing. Only paid 15 quid so its been worth it. Kept me occupied seeing as cyberpunk is a fucking unplayable shit show.

On 10/12/2020 at 19:41, RedKnight said:

I hardly ever went out at night. Always headed back to a camp and waited until morning. Be arsed with being bothered by knobhead zombies when I'm trying to get shit done.

I did exactly the same with the hoard at the sawmill. I also did the same with heading back to camp when it was getting dark, headed to bed to move the game on to morning, topped up my fuel and then back out again. Highly enjoyable game was Days Gone, I thought it was tough in places and it took me ages to complete it.

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Did anyone bother with 100% for Red Dead 2? I 100% completed the first one and loved it, but some of the stuff you have to do to get it on the second makes not arsed at all.

Red Dead 2 was the opposite to Days Gone in that none of the missions were challenging at all. The whole game just felt like you were playing along in a prolonged film. It was a lovely game to look at but I was glad when it came to an end, and I loved the first Red Dead. No way I could be bothered trying to do 100%. GTA V was miles more fun to play than Red Dead 2.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've fucked cyberpunk off. Im not playing it while it keeps crashing. Im using a normal ps4 maybe its better on a ps4 Pro but if you ain't got one or a ps5 I'd swerve until its sorted. Shite.

It's been patched now and looking at Reddit Cyberpunk comments it seems to have improved things. I'm on pc so I'm not sure what options you have on ps4 but if you try it again and see any of these in settings try turning them off and see if it works better : chromatic aberration, film grain, motion blur.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's been patched now and looking at Reddit Cyberpunk comments it seems to have improved things. I'm on pc so I'm not sure what options you have on ps4 but if you try it again and see any of these in settings try turning them off and see if it works better : chromatic aberration, film grain, motion blur.

I think it could be a while before it is playable on base ps4, even longer on base xbox one. 

12 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I did exactly the same with the hoard at the sawmill. I also did the same with heading back to camp when it was getting dark, headed to bed to move the game on to morning, topped up my fuel and then back out again. Highly enjoyable game was Days Gone, I thought it was tough in places and it took me ages to complete it.

Red Dead 2 was the opposite to Days Gone in that none of the missions were challenging at all. The whole game just felt like you were playing along in a prolonged film. It was a lovely game to look at but I was glad when it came to an end, and I loved the first Red Dead. No way I could be bothered trying to do 100%. GTA V was miles more fun to play than Red Dead 2.

I did everything possible in Red Dead and was gutted when there was nothing left to do, I did the same with the Witcher. But I agree with you on Red Dead 2, whilst I like Arthur and the story is interesting, I find that the other stuff is much more fiddly. I can't be arsed standing in the swamp hoping birds spawn or looking for multiple sets of cigarette cards. I feel bad that I'll probably not come close to 100% when I did it with the first game.

• Upvote 1

Demon's Souls, I've forgotten that feeling where you're just about to unlock that penultimate gate and you fucking die at the hands of a fuck dragon and fucking knights so you have to go all the way back to the beginning and start the area fucking again, hoping you can collect the fucking souls you fucking lost. Fuck!!!!!!

18 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Did anyone bother with 100% for Red Dead 2? I 100% completed the first one and loved it, but some of the stuff you have to do to get it on the second makes not arsed at all.

I generally found it far less engaging than the first one. Completed the story and that was it. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Agreed on RDR2. 

Downloaded Cyberpunk for my pc last night and played about six hours and had a few glitches with one main one being after you steal the drone the game thinks its still in a cut scene and you cannot draw and weapons. To resolve this i had to quit and reload the last check point but this took me back to the start of the mission which was annoying. I've  not had any crashes or lock outs.  

Had a few visual glitches and one boss fight where it just stood there while I shot it.

I'm running it on 1080p ultra on a GTX 1080 and it is stunning visually and very immersive. 

Its a shame about the bugs but storywise its fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I think it could be a while before it is playable on base ps4, even longer on base xbox one. 

That could be the case, if there's at least some improvement that can be seen from a patch a couple of days after release though it might mean that it'll be playable sooner rather than later. It's a strange contrast too because some of us are managing to really enjoy the game at the same time, with some luck most players will have something they can actually play through with patches before long.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I'm running it on 1080p ultra on a GTX 1080 and it is stunning visually and very immersive. 

Its a shame about the bugs but storywise its fantastic.

Similar here, I reached the 15 hour point last night and stopped to look at the city again before turning it off and I still couldn't believe how good it looked. That's not even with a great pc either, I use a mixture of medium and high settings and the game just manages to run it well enough I'd guess with a 1660 and i7 4790 (which is close to recommended).

I'll try to leave commenting on anything else until I've played the game more anyway, part of the main story has hooked me in and I've barely done anything else so far.

54 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That could be the case, if there's at least some improvement that can be seen from a patch a couple of days after release though it might mean that it'll be playable sooner rather than later. It's a strange contrast too because some of us are managing to really enjoy the game at the same time, with some luck most players will have something they can actually play through with patches before long.

Similar here, I reached the 15 hour point last night and stopped to look at the city again before turning it off and I still couldn't believe how good it looked. That's not even with a great pc either, I use a mixture of medium and high settings and the game just manages to run it well enough I'd guess with a 1660 and i7 4790 (which is close to recommended).

I'll try to leave commenting on anything else until I've played the game more anyway, part of the main story has hooked me in and I've barely done anything else so far.

I watched a performance video on it, the channel I watched it on are running performance checks on all platforms. They likened it to the last months of PS3 and XBOX 360 where the final games were optimised for higher performance so ps4 and xbox one were the ideal platforms. 

It's also important to note that Witcher 3 had bugs and problems on it's initial release and it was improved over time by Projekt Red. It will improve, but the suggestion was that it will be improved most on PS4 pro and xbox one x. The implication is the base models can only be improved so far before the load is too much. Hopefully it will be improved on all platforms though. 

Edit: just seen that the Google Stadia version is the best version for the money. I think they were giving a system away with the game at one point and it performs better than ps4 and xbox one. Frame rate is best on ps5 and graphical fidelity is best on series x. 

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I watched a performance video on it, the channel I watched it on are running performance checks on all platforms. They likened it to the last months of PS3 and XBOX 360 where the final games were optimised for higher performance so ps4 and xbox one were the ideal platforms.

If it was Digital Foundry I saw the same, they're great at what they do too and yeah the unpatched version looked bad from what they showed.

37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The second patch has improved it a lot. No crashes runs smoother. Still bugs and graphically its kind of grainy but its now at least a playable game.

Awesome, hopefully the graphical and performance problems will be sorted out more now that they have the release out of the way and can focus more on improving things.

Is Cyberpunk the best game of trying to tank my framerate with the new graphics card then?

Been trying to get my hands on a 3080 for ages, and had sold my last one a couple of months back and bought an LG tv with gsync in anticipation of new cards. Kept missing out as the SO kept changing mind. Bored of waiting so decided to get a 3090 instead. I have ended up ordering 3 of the buggers because they added the ones I wanted in wrong order.

Either way the one I wanted is coming Tues so planning on pushing the new card some.

53 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Desperate to eventually get my hands on Cyberpunk but reading this thread and the feedback online I may wait a bit, especially as I use a base Xbox One. 

Probably wise to wait for a few patches yet.

Wise choice, it's a stinker a release. Sony are even issuing refunds to people who have purchased it digitally on PS4 as it's a broken mess. I haven't installed it on PS5 yet but I'm looking forward to seeing if it's cyberpunk or cyberjunk.