You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

38 minutes ago, Sharp Shooter said:

If you enjoyed the first, you will love this one too. 

I was mentally exhausted at times playing the first one on the hardest difficulty, you literally don't get a second to pause, it's just relentless action and even not moving for a split second can be fatal.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

I was mentally exhausted at times playing the first one on the hardest difficulty, you literally don't get a second to pause, it's just relentless action and even not moving for a split second can be fatal.

I would not even dare playing doom eternal on hard. Ammo is much more scarce but it is very good fun. Watching your enemies lose armour and limbs as they take damage is boss. 

2 minutes ago, Sharp Shooter said:

I would not even dare playing doom eternal on hard. Ammo is much more scarce but it is very good fun. Watching your enemies lose armour and limbs as they take damage is boss. 

Yeah I've read that it's harder. I'll still play on one of the hardest settings, just not the hardest.

Had a quick look on that Playstation Now before, looks well worth getting that when you are at a loose end. There's quite a few games I fancy but have never got around to playing such as Control and Prey, amongst many others.

Plenty of titles as well just to have a bit of fun with, that you wouldn't bother with otherwise.

Last of us 2. 6/10 Good gameplay great graphics hated the story and the ending made the game feel a waste of time. The first game was unbelievable I was looking forward to playing the characters again, it kind of shit on them and by the end the final fight I didn't even want to finish it.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Last of us 2. 6/10 Good gameplay great graphics hated the story and the ending made the game feel a waste of time. The first game was unbelievable I was looking forward to playing the characters again, it kind of shit on them and by the end the final fight I didn't even want to finish it.

Mad. I was the complete opposite. I thought it was subtle, mature and trying to make a comment about violence, revenge and what it is to be human. By a mile the most grown up game narrative I’m aware of. And playable as fuck. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Mad. I was the complete opposite. I thought it was subtle, mature and trying to make a comment about violence, revenge and what it is to be human. By a mile the most grown up game narrative I’m aware of. And playable as fuck. 

*Game Spoilers*

I invested too much time and emotion into Joel and Ellie from playing the first game multiple times. To see Joel killed off so quickly and brutally, I felt it shit on the character, to then have to play the person who killed him and them try to recreate the Joel and Ellie dynamic with Abby and Lev it felt hollow. I felt the lessons they were trying to tell were cheap and obvious and didn't need the cheap shock moments. The game just left a bad taste for me because of how much I loved the first game. I don't hate the game it just dissapointed. 

Getting into Doom Eternal now. Don't know about anyone else but it takes me around a week of short plays (30mins) to get into a game, it's like my brain needs to process how to play whilst I'm sleeping or some shit.

I have never been able to pick up a game and play it for hours on end straight away.

Finished Spider-Man GOTY and it was a slog by the end. In hindsight I should've finished the main game and come back to the DLC after playing something else. Great playing as Spider-Man though and web-slinging around New York is really fun. In many ways it's the game that the Batman Arkham games are missing, as Gotham is never really alive in the same way; combat is near identical to those games funnily enough.

They get a lot of the character beats of the Spider-Man universe right and I like that they evoked a lot of the look and feel of the Sam Raimi movies for New York.

There's an issue with it just being another Sony/Ubisoft formula set-up and that's what causes it to become a bit of a chore towards the end but it's the best Spider-Man game ever made and it's probably one of the best superhero games made, which admittedly isn't a great list. 7.5 out of 10

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Finished Spider-Man GOTY and it was a slog by the end. In hindsight I should've finished the main game and come back to the DLC after playing something else. Great playing as Spider-Man though and web-slinging around New York is really fun. In many ways it's the game that the Batman Arkham games are missing, as Gotham is never really alive in the same way; combat is near identical to those games funnily enough.

They get a lot of the character beats of the Spider-Man universe right and I like that they evoked a lot of the look and feel of the Sam Raimi movies for New York.

There's an issue with it just being another Sony/Ubisoft formula set-up and that's what causes it to become a bit of a chore towards the end but it's the best Spider-Man game ever made and it's probably one of the best superhero games made, which admittedly isn't a great list. 7.5 out of 10

I bought this earlier in the week off your recommendation. Just waiting until I’ve finished my second play through of TLOU2  and then I’ll get stuck in. 

TLoU2 didn't get me at all really. I got to Seattle and still think it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen, but that's about it. Seattle looked good and I searched around some of what was there but I got the sense that it was about as open world as it was going to get, then I started playing another game and haven't gone back to it in weeks. I'll hopefully go back to it eventually because I'm sure there's quite a bit more to like about the game and paying 50 quid just to do that is insane. Watching a stream of the entire 2nd half of the game didn't help at all either. I was going to avoid so watched a stream but the more I saw the more interested I was eventually, think I'll avoid doing that in future though.

I ordered Rage 2 a bit ago and think I'll prefer that for now. It's basically a shooter that isn't my fave type and I thought it sounded a bit shit when it came out so avoided it, but it's open world, scifi, and the combat looks great so it could be something I'll prefer for the time being. The scifi, energy, colour and chaos (and the open world, without which I'd almost definitely avoid) from a game like that is what I'd prefer for now I think. It also looks that good combat wise from seeing a few videos that I'd be surprised if even Cyberpunk 2077 matches it in the same area, even if it does surpass it in plenty of others. It's a game that has several issues and it looks like most reviews point them out, but at the same time the combat is almost always rated highly.

I still think Cyberpunk 2077 could be a great game too but I get the sense that the hype has gone way over the top really, to the point that it's going to be almost impossible to live up to.

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Cyberpunk being first person puts me off. Much prefer my RPGs to be in third person, like the Witcher.

I would assume they are giving the option of switching but it may be too much work involved for the devs. 

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Cyberpunk being first person puts me off. Much prefer my RPGs to be in third person, like the Witcher.

Agreed. I get motion sickness from first person, so I will have to avoid. I really don’t understand why they don’t give players the option to choos ala fallout and Skyrim. 

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've never had an issue with first person. Would be kind of difficult if I did, since I've lived my entire life in it.

Used to looking down and not seeing your feet are you? How about turning your whole body to look behind you?

10 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Used to looking down and not seeing your feet are you? How about turning your whole body to look behind you?

Additionally, try removing your peripheral vision and restricting your field of view to a 60 degree cone while moving your head vigorously from side to side. You may need a bucket to catch the vomit.

• Upvote 2