You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'll take a closer look this weekend, once I've worked up enough energy to navigate Microsoft's Byzantine account pages.

Should just be install the Game Pass app on your PC then install anything you want through that. I think it's still in beta but it works fine. There's an Android app as well that lets you install remotely on PC or console. 

Worth looking at, they keep adding loads of stuff. Final Fantasy 15 and Wolfenstein Youngblood added today. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mudface said:

Hmm, my son has Gamepass Ultimate for his XBox- according to the website, we should also get that on PC as part of the sub, but it doesn't seem to recognise it. Have I read the website wrong, or should I contact Microsoft's support to see what I need to do?

I have Gamepass Ultimate on both with the same sub, sounds obvious but important to be logged onto PC and Xbox on the same hotmail/outlook address. I go onto the Microsoft Store and open Xbox Ultimate Game Pass and it should be accessible through there.

Fuck me, finally got it working.

To install the XBox app, I had to upgrade to the latest version of Windows- apparently updating to 1909 had failed several times through Windows update, so I tried upgrading manually, which also failed.

I downloaded the update assistant, it failed again.

I tried the media creation tool and that failed, but I finally got an error message code which led me to here, along with an answer. I copied and pasted the lines into an elevated command prompt, prevented it from restarting, and re-ran the upgrade assistant. Finally, it worked and after an hour I had the latest version of Windows. Downloaded the app, and got my son to sign in with his XBox account details.

A message flashed up that I needed to reinstall the Store, I did, but it only gave me the option of installing under my own MS account. Every time I clicked on a game to install it redirected me to 'manage' my son's account online, finally something must have clicked and I was given the option of switching my Store account to my son's XBox account and I was granted the privilege of installing a game.

Of course, this being Microsoft, I couldn't just pick a directory to put the game in, that'd be too simple with their ridiculous app containers. I had to change the system setting for where 'Apps' are installed and put it into some fucking folder I have to give myself permission to access.

I fucking hate Microsoft- this is really reminiscent of that GFWL shite from a few years back. I hope the woes that afflicted the Store when it first came out have been ironed out, otherwise I might as well just save myself a huge amount of pain and buy the cunting games off Steam.

8 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have Gamepass Ultimate on both with the same sub, sounds obvious but important to be logged onto PC and Xbox on the same hotmail/outlook address. I go onto the Microsoft Store and open Xbox Ultimate Game Pass and it should be accessible through there.

Spooky... Although I don't log on using an MS email, I don't trust the fuckers. Local account only, ta.

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Started Control on the PS4 this week. The frame rate issues are still there. Cunts because it's definitely got something going for it otherwise.

Is this on base PS4?

Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the PS4 is great so far. I suspect it might become a bit boring and repetitive gameplay wise after a while seeing as it's not a full on rpg, but what a fucking world they've created for this game. I don't think I've been so amazed in the sense of wondering how much time and effort it must have taken to create it (and I've not even seen half of it yet) since I started up GTA V for the first time.

Xenoblade X is still one of my favourites when it comes to creativity for a fantasy/sci-fi world, but this is easily up there with GTA V for me with the scale and level of detail.

On 14/02/2020 at 18:42, skend04 said:

Yeah, usually when there are several enemies around your character. Might be better on a Pro but not sure.

Sucks to read that. I waited for a good while for it but when seeing Digital Foundry cover those frame drops I sacked it off. Pro is definitely better I think, but either way it should've been patched out a lot better than they've managed if you're still noticing it so much. I'll try it if I get a better PC or PS4 Pro I think.

I'm not even someone who complains about framerate at all usually, and can play Skyrim heavily modded where it's almost crawling along at times just for better graphics. But that's at least consistent, my own choice and something I can fix by simply changing an ENB or something. Control looks like it drops badly when in bigger battles, like it'd be too annoying and with no solution to solve it.

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Sucks to read that. I waited for a good while for it but when seeing Digital Foundry cover those frame drops I sacked it off. Pro is definitely better I think, but either way it should've been patched out a lot better than they've managed if you're still noticing it so much. I'll try it if I get a better PC or PS4 Pro I think.

I'm not even someone who complains about framerate at all usually, and can play Skyrim heavily modded where it's almost crawling along at times just for better graphics. But that's at least consistent, my own choice and something I can fix by simply changing an ENB or something. Control looks like it drops badly when in bigger battles, like it'd be too annoying and with no solution to solve it.

The slowdown is in virtually every gunfight by the looks of it. Annoying as fuck as the rest of the game is pretty good when it's working.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The slowdown is in virtually every gunfight by the looks of it. Annoying as fuck as the rest of the game is pretty good when it's working.

Yeah I think that's what I was fearing when seeing footage of the game. Glad that it's good otherwise though and hope to play it (and that the normal PS4 version is patched more) eventually.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I think that's what I was fearing when seeing footage of the game. Glad that it's good otherwise though and hope to play it (and that the normal PS4 version is patched more) eventually.

I think we could be waiting until the PS5, if the backward compatibility acts as an upgrade that is. I can't see how they'll fix it on the PS4 if they haven't done now, 6 months after release.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

I think we could be waiting until the PS5, if the backward compatibility acts as an upgrade that is. I can't see how they'll fix it on the PS4 if they haven't done now, 6 months after release.

There's two expansions to the game planned apparently so maybe they could fix some things at that point, but you could be right that things won't get any better. I didn't think of the PS5 being like an upgrade for PS4 games either, not sure if I'll be able to afford one but at least getting a PS4 Pro should be a good bit cheaper instead.

Picked up The Division 2 from cdkeys for just over £4. Now I rarely turn on my xbox these days except to watch sky sports on it. I love Crackdown and have all three of them but while having the game pass there's little that catches my imagination. I did download The Division from game pass but haven't ever loaded it. 

I'm quite enjoying Division 2 at the moment and if you like this kind of game I'd highly recommend it. I have played it each day since I got it. I do limit my time on the 'time machine' though because as I've just implied the evening disappears when you're engrossed on the console.

I bought Far Cry New Dawn on the PC the other week from CDkeys after enjoying Far Cry 5 and I don't think much of it. It was damned cheap and I might go back to it. I purchased an MSI Gaming laptop a couple of years ago in a sale (£500 off) and due to some weird mistake I was never charged for it. It mainly collects dust but every now and then I like to really heat up the front room and I try some game or other, usually a strategy type game. Galactic Civilisations 3 was a game I initially downloaded for free and played it so much I bought it. You can also lose quite a large portion of time engrossed in this game.

I intend to try to fit in some Elite Dangerous eventually, I say that because the main reason for buying the MSI and some proper controls was to play this game. I've downloaded it but yet to run it. I just don't seem to either have the time or the inclination. Maybe this weekend. 

Two Point Hospital, picked this up on a recent sale with lots of DLC for a very cheap price. This is very addictive. Four hours passed by without a blink. Very entertaining.

11 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Two Point Hospital, picked this up on a recent sale with lots of DLC for a very cheap price. This is very addictive. Four hours passed by without a blink. Very entertaining.

It's a great game. I played Theme Hospital with my wife years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it- this is a really excellent modern update.

The main story for Assassin's Creed Odyssey has been finished now, 79 hours in but I spent quite a bit of time doing sidequests and exploring the world. It's probably up there with any other I've seen now considering the size of it and how detailed so much of it is. As expected the main story wasn't something I was that interested in, I prefered the Atlantis quests though and still have something else to do there. I also like how I've finished the main story but there's still 15 cult members to track down so I still have one of the main elements of the game to complete.

Then I'm hoping to keep playing and go through a good amount of the other sidequests. Definitely one of the best games I've played on the PS4 even though it has some flaws, which should be expected for a game of this size. If I get a PS4 Pro or better PC this could be the first game I start up again so I can see the world looking even better.

On 05/03/2020 at 14:59, Red Phoenix said:

The main story for Assassin's Creed Odyssey has been finished now, 79 hours in but I spent quite a bit of time doing sidequests and exploring the world. It's probably up there with any other I've seen now considering the size of it and how detailed so much of it is. As expected the main story wasn't something I was that interested in, I prefered the Atlantis quests though and still have something else to do there. I also like how I've finished the main story but there's still 15 cult members to track down so I still have one of the main elements of the game to complete.

Then I'm hoping to keep playing and go through a good amount of the other sidequests. Definitely one of the best games I've played on the PS4 even though it has some flaws, which should be expected for a game of this size. If I get a PS4 Pro or better PC this could be the first game I start up again so I can see the world looking even better.

Hey, Ubisoft have a sale on at the moment, the season passes are available for half price for both Assassins Creed Odyssey and origins. 

Try Far Cry 4 and 5 aswell, you might like them. Also available in the sale but might be cheaper on ebay

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Hey, Ubisoft have a sale on at the moment, the season passes are available for half price for both Assassins Creed Odyssey and origins. 

Try Far Cry 4 and 5 aswell, you might like them. Also available in the sale but might be cheaper on ebay

Thanks, might have a look at the season passes even though I don't usually buy add on stuff. The Atlantis part was one of my favourite threads of the game though and it ended at a closed door that I have to pay to go through I think. It wound me up but that's probably more the business people's fault and not those that actually made/designed the world, still really like the game.

Have got both of those Far Cry games too but am an rpg nerd mainly so didn't stick with them. The last I really played through was Far Cry 3, still think that was great.