You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Finally getting the hang of Sekiro. It's brutal but by doing a lot of backtracking and picking up xp to upgrade abilities the boss battles feel less impossible.

That'd frustrate the life out of me, especially if it's like Bloodborne.

On 15/11/2019 at 21:51, Shooter in the Motor said:

The new Star Wars game is brilliant, looking forward to playing it through. Looks a good campaign, enjoyed the opening thirty minute or so.

Its fucking me off big time

Loading time when you die, is a good 30 seconds before a new load. 

Bastards killing you in 2 hits

You block the animal just jumps at you and takes half your health in one shot. You roll and it just jumps at you mid roll and takes half your health. Jump down a hole to fight and they jump at you and before you have even stood back up, oglh and take half your health. Rinse and repeat barring the 30 second wait time. 

Last night killed a beast, got on ship, cut scene, looked around interacted, another cut scene. Turn back on and it's took me back half hour to pre fighting the beast. 

If I carries on like this I won't be playing. 

I find too often it's not even telling you how or what to do

• 2 weeks later...

Have been playing Need For Speed: Heat. Am liking it mainly because it's the first time I've ever played an open world car racing game. All others I've played until now were games with tracks and/or just choosing races/rallies from options as far as I remember. Last NFS game I played apart from NFS Shift (more of a sim game with tracks, so not really counting that as the same) was Underground for the PS2, so it's a crazy jump when it comes to having an open world map and on this scale.

The city looks well detailed and has a lot to do, the handling doesn't seem great but it's not causing me big problems (took a bit to get used to though), and am only in my 2nd car (saved for an Elise and am happy with it, there's not much else I'm bothered about at my current level either.) Once I've used several others and tuned them up enough it should be more varied.

Main story means next to nothing to me so it's not something I'm that bothered about, the challenge from the story races is good so far though. Cop chases can be difficult and they can be a lot harder than in other games in the series from what I've read.

Not sure how much I'll play it but seems easily good enough to play for a good while whenever I feel like putting a racing game on.

• 5 weeks later...

Dicey Dungeons- fun Rogue-like with dice rather than cards, a bit like a slightly less deep version of Slay the Spire. Well worth picking up on the current Steam sale at under £8 if you like your card battlers, you'll easily get 15-20 hours out of this. 8/10

GRIS- absolutely beautiful platformer in lush watercolours. It's not difficult- I don't actually think you can die and the puzzles are straightforward- but it really is a lovely, calming experience to play. 9/10

Baba is You- I initially quite enjoyed this puzzler where you rearrange commands to beat levels (e.g. if the words are available, you could put Rock is You to turn yourself into one of the rocks on the level etc). Unfortunately, after the first half dozen or so levels, it starts introducing new mechanics without any real warning and it becomes frustrating, as its own internal logic seems to break down. After looking at a couple of the solutions I was stuck on, I just thought fuck it, and refunded the game before it really started to annoy me. Shame, I like a good puzzle game like Hexcells or Space Chem, but this was just too flaky. 4/10

Still got Total Warhammer 2, Two Point Hospital and A Plague Tale to play through, which I'm really looking forward to.

• 3 weeks later...

Euro truck simulator 2. This should be the dullest game in the world but it is totally engrossing. Part of the humble bundle deal and a real surprise gem. Void bastards is also great fun. Looking forward to opening more gems. 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Euro truck simulator 2. This should be the dullest game in the world but it is totally engrossing. Part of the humble bundle deal and a real surprise gem. Void bastards is also great fun. Looking forward to opening more gems. 

I've not played it, but my son has put well over a hundred hours into it. It kind of reminds me of Elite- take missions, get money, improve your transport- making the gameplay loop really addictive. There are some great mods out for it too, and the (non-cosmetic) DLC also seems highly regarded. It's the very definition of a sleeper hit that could only really happen on the PC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 05:25, Grinch said:

A plague tale 

Superb wee game.   Not one for anyone with a fear of rats. 

I need to play this, bought it at Christmas on the Steam sale and only played about an hour. It gets excellent reviews almost unanimously. It's also nice to see a really good example of a 'AA' game, and one not full of bullshit microtransactions and shitty lootboxes.

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hmm, my son has Gamepass Ultimate for his XBox- according to the website, we should also get that on PC as part of the sub, but it doesn't seem to recognise it. Have I read the website wrong, or should I contact Microsoft's support to see what I need to do?

I have the option to install on console and PC.