You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Half a decade after seeing that Xenoblade Chronicles X was being made and wanting a Wii U for it I finally got the console and the game. About 7 hours in so far and think it's awesome, almost like it's starting to be exactly what I imagined it to be. It's like an online game in a way, it's that big and with so many different things to do.

It was hard to get going with it because there's so much to learn at first, (and also adjusting to using a Wii U control pad for the first time) and the big sticking point is that it's only in 720p which makes everything less detailed, but still think it looks amazing because the world is so well made.

Am in the first area at the moment and haven't even entered the other four so the size of the game is probably bigger than any single player game I've ever played before. A main hope would be that they eventually remaster this in 1080p for the Switch or something and I'll get the console then move over to that if I can. There's a 1080p pc emulated version but not stressing my pc with that, if I upgrade and they don't remaster it might consider it in the future though.

Definitely getting a bit of a Mass Effect feel from it too which is also great. Should've got a Wii U and the game sooner.

• Upvote 1

Have just passed the 24 hour mark in Xenoblade Chronicles X. The combat system is still something I find strange, the game is fairly grindy in nature at times and I'm still not sure about the story, but the actual game world along with all of the creatures I've seen so far is the best I've ever seen in a single player game. Absolutely mind boggled at how good it is and exploring it is the main reason I'm liking it so much.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just finished AC Odyssey's after playing the second DLC which I waited for all three parts to be released. Thoroughly enjoyed AC Odyssey as a game. The first DLC was a bit lacking in content and I found myself tripping over quests as they weren't spaced out enough. However, 'The Fate of Atlantis' DLC was worth the season pass alone. Loads of content set in three different Worlds and plenty of quests to occupy oneself. The ending was a bit naff, both for Kassandra** and Layla, but I can live with that, as the game itself was great.

I played as Kassandra as she was cute with a far better voice than Alexios, who they made sound like a pissed up Greek bloke trying to impersonate Arnold Schwarzenegger. I also turned Kassandra into a raving lesbian. 

It will be interesting to see where they go next with AC. Hoping for a Viking/Norseman or Back to Rome setting.

Guest Pistonbroke

Finally got around to playing Tom Clancy's The Division. It's OK but they have made things a bit demanding for a solo player, especially in the dark zone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Control on XBox. Only a few minutes in but it's stunning, atmospheric, creepy and very playable. Seems a clever story too. Been looking forward to playing a great Remedy game since Alan Wake (Quantum Break was OK but really glitchy) and this is fantastic.

47 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Was Alan wake the one where you only had a torch? You had to find batteries all the time. Christ I hated that game.

Yes that's the one. I thought it was great. 

On 18/07/2019 at 03:36, Red Phoenix said:

Half a decade after seeing that Xenoblade Chronicles X was being made and wanting a Wii U for it I finally got the console and the game. About 7 hours in so far and think it's awesome, almost like it's starting to be exactly what I imagined it to be. It's like an online game in a way, it's that big and with so many different things to do.

It was hard to get going with it because there's so much to learn at first, (and also adjusting to using a Wii U control pad for the first time) and the big sticking point is that it's only in 720p which makes everything less detailed, but still think it looks amazing because the world is so well made.

Am in the first area at the moment and haven't even entered the other four so the size of the game is probably bigger than any single player game I've ever played before. A main hope would be that they eventually remaster this in 1080p for the Switch or something and I'll get the console then move over to that if I can. There's a 1080p pc emulated version but not stressing my pc with that, if I upgrade and they don't remaster it might consider it in the future though.

Definitely getting a bit of a Mass Effect feel from it too which is also great. Should've got a Wii U and the game sooner.

I'm pretty sure I saw an announcement that Xenoblade Chronicles X is being remastered for the Switch.

On 08/09/2019 at 16:22, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure I saw an announcement that Xenoblade Chronicles X is being remastered for the Switch.

It's the original game I think and not X, can remember seeing it as well. Not sure if they'll ever do X but can hope I suppose.

Ended up playing it for over 100 hours and needed a break from it but should be back on it eventually. It can get grindy and has some other issues but still one of the best gameworlds I've seen and some good gameplay too. It's partly focused on battling huge creatures after the main story is done with and can imagine it's similar to monster hunter with that in some ways (but with mechs and other scifi weapons that can be used).

There's still alien bases and other things that can be hit with your group though which can lead to some good battles and some more story parts here and there I think that I've not got to yet.

Am sure it'd look awesome on a switch too with graphics improvements.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fighting my way through 'Far Cry 5' being as I can play it for nothing via the UPlay+ free month. Really enjoying it so far. The story line is very good, the setting and scenery too, the music is boss and the fishing/arcade side of things is a lot of fun. I'll probably buy this when they have a sale on. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fighting my way through 'Far Cry 5' being as I can play it for nothing via the UPlay+ free month. Really enjoying it so far. The story line is very good, the setting and scenery too, the music is boss and the fishing/arcade side of things is a lot of fun. I'll probably buy this when they have a sale on. 

18 euro on Fanatical for the next week. 

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/far-cry-5?aff_track=daisycon&dc_pid=288216&utm_source=allkeyshop

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke
On 13/09/2019 at 10:45, Pistonbroke said:

Finished this now. The story line declined somewhat, pretty annoying when they cut into a mission to take you off on some side show hallucination trip which is piss easy to complete but takes ages to get to the fucking point. The ending (which ever you choose) is utter wank as well. Still enjoyable enough from a game play sense and the usual generous open World with plenty to do and see. Glad I didn't buy this in the end though. Not as good as 4 imo.

6.8/10