You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

On 11/06/2019 at 12:50, Pistonbroke said:

Ubisoft have just added a 'Story Creator Mode' for ACOdyssey. Looking forward to using that, or should I say trying to use it. Also looking forward to playing the add on 'The fate of Atlantis.' For this add on I'm waiting until all three parts are released before playing. I played the add on 'The First Blade' as separate releases and it just pissed me off waiting for the next instalment. 

Ubisoft are also releasing Ubisoft+ in September. Basically a monthly sub of 14.99 (seems a bit pricey unless gaming is your life) and you can play 100+ games including most of the new releases etc. Might be worth signing up to the free month though to play a few games for nowt. 

Finished it off the other day. Still need to get the DLC. 166hrs in so far, 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Finished it off the other day. Still need to get the DLC. 166hrs in so far, 

Yeah, I finished the main game and also used quite a few hours to do so, I spent loads of time doing side quests and roaming around instead of just trying to rush the main story. It's an amazing game which I'll probably play from scratch again once I've finished the second add on when all three parts have been released. Also try out the Story creator mode. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I've just checked Lee. 

Main game and first DLC, 201 hours. Level 71, 100% progression, 6884 Kills, Distance travelled 1735739

Spent quite a bit of time in the Arena killing all the opponents. Hardest bit for myself was killing Medussa, took me about 20 goes fucking about with different Armour/weapons/skills until I managed it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Never finished any of the AC games I had bought previously. Something was always just off about them. Started Odyssey last week and it's already hooked me in. But 200 hours?? Wowsers, that's some investment.

I was just invested in all the side stories/quests and not just the main quest mate. It's a massive open World and with loads to find to amuse the player. It was also the only game I played during the months of amassing that play time.

I followed it up by playing Far Cry 4 which was also enjoyable enough. Tries to get into Tom Clancy's The Division but put that on the back burner for the time being. 

The Far Cry series is great. Need to start playing primal again as I've left it too long. Loved FC5, it was a great story. Not played New Dawn yet. 

Replying Rdr2 at the moment, I should rely being giving something new a go. Still got Witcher, God of War and Horizon zero dawn sitting there unplaying. But just watched Robert Redfords wild west documentary series so in a Western vibe

Started craving racing games recently after not playing one in so long (normal type ones, not futuristic like Wipeout, etc.) Ended up getting Driveclub which is my first PS4 racing game and have been addicted all day. It's been a bit frustrating at times, especially when it's snowing and I'm in a fast car as I only play 1st person. Could hardly see a thing it was chaos, but will try and get used to that. Have mostly enjoyed it though.

It's been weird though as I haven't been interested in racing games at all for a long time, then I find myself watching loads of players videos on youtube and even wanting to play some of the older games like early Need For Speed and Gran Turismo, so might get one or two of those again in the near future and get back on the PS2/PS3 for a bit.

CTR

It's great, but they need to patch the rubber-banding on medium, it's ridiculous. No space between all 8 drivers regardless of how well you drive (I don't mean I drive particularly well either, but I've had crap runs and then I'll average 5 secs per lap faster but the result is exactly the same).  Get hit with one missile and you may as well restart on the tough tracks.  Don't know if the customisation options affect the stats, which might be part of the issue as all CPU karts seem to have all options from the get go.  The AI has also been upgraded, if you're behind someone don't expect to be able to pick up any fruit (which was always the key back in the day, get to 10 and leave everyone behind).

Ultimately it's the same great game it was, but looking great.  Exactly what I wanted, except for that they've added the difficulty scale and it feels off to me.  It was always a tough game, but it just feels like they've gone a bit over the top. Maybe it'll be less of an issue as I get used to the controls and timing fully again.

Shenmue was added to game pass. Gave it a go but not sure I'll carry on. The controls are shite. Maybe it'll just take time to get used to that again but it reminds me of trying to replay Resi evil 2 on the PS2 a couple of years ago and giving up

Got Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3, after what seemed like hours of update downloading and installing finally started playing it earlier and thought I'd have a quick go on it to get started. Ended up playing for hours until I had an Integra Type R touring car and was in the national a races, forgot how addictive these games can be. First time I've had a GT game since Gran Turismo 3 over a decade and a half ago, glad to be back on it again. Have to be careful not to get too addicted though, GT 3 had me addicted for weeks on end I think.

Got Deus Ex: Mankind Divided not long after getting a PS4 after Human Revolution was one of my fave PS3 games, but couldn't get into it. Think I was wanting more of a bigger open world and didn't like what I saw after playing for a bit so stopped playing almost instantly, then later uninstalled the game to free up some space.

Then last night I got it from literally the bottom of the stack of games I have, and less than 24 hours later was totally hooked. I've read about it not being the biggest game so I'm expecting it to end sooner than I'd have liked, which was maybe the main problem I had with the previous game, but even though this game isn't that big, it makes up for that with tons of detail. Doing a playthrough first just to see how long it is and what the story is like, then am going to go back through and try and discover as much as possible.

If only I had more games of this quality lying around that I'd at first left. I haven't played a ton of PS4 games with me not having one that long, but have still played a fair few at this point and think this one might make my top 3 PS4 games so far along with Horizon Zero Dawn and ME: Andromeda.

On 24/06/2019 at 01:06, Lee909 said:

Shenmue was added to game pass. Gave it a go but not sure I'll carry on. The controls are shite. Maybe it'll just take time to get used to that again but it reminds me of trying to replay Resi evil 2 on the PS2 a couple of years ago and giving up

I'm afraid this is my experience as well. I really, really wanted to like it and I really tried but I just couldn't handle how bad it is. 

Yeah, feel bad as I had loads of great memories playing it. You don't realise the slow creep of how improved controls are till you go back and played older games. The jump over the past 15 years is nuts 

18 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Got Deus Ex: Mankind Divided not long after getting a PS4 after Human Revolution was one of my fave PS3 games, but couldn't get into it. Think I was wanting more of a bigger open world and didn't like what I saw after playing for a bit so stopped playing almost instantly, then later uninstalled the game to free up some space.

Then last night I got it from literally the bottom of the stack of games I have, and less than 24 hours later was totally hooked. I've read about it not being the biggest game so I'm expecting it to end sooner than I'd have liked, which was maybe the main problem I had with the previous game, but even though this game isn't that big, it makes up for that with tons of detail. Doing a playthrough first just to see how long it is and what the story is like, then am going to go back through and try and discover as much as possible.

If only I had more games of this quality lying around that I'd at first left. I haven't played a ton of PS4 games with me not having one that long, but have still played a fair few at this point and think this one might make my top 3 PS4 games so far along with Horizon Zero Dawn and ME: Andromeda.

Good deal here if you want a load of Ps4 games

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/indie-playstation-rebundle-2019?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_3_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_psnindie2019_rebundle

You'll need to make a US PSN account to activate them though. 

Some good stuff in there but nothing I don't already have on PC. 

10 hours ago, Pidge said:

Human Revolution killed my enthusiasm for the series, those bosses were shite.

This one is way better, and some of those bosses really did my head in as well. Finished it early this morning and only had 1 boss fight the entire game. Going back through now on new game + and still really liking it. Haven't even touched any of the 3 DLC parts yet either.

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Good deal here if you want a load of Ps4 games

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/indie-playstation-rebundle-2019?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_3_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_psnindie2019_rebundle

You'll need to make a US PSN account to activate them though. 

Some good stuff in there but nothing I don't already have on PC. 

Thanks, but I don't use PSN really and still have other games to play if I can get into them enough. Inner Space looks interesting though so cheers for linking that, will have a look at it shortly. Mankind Divided was just one that I really got hooked on eventually (mainly because it's a good scifi/cyberpunk rpg i think), which is something that's rarely happened with many of the other games I have. If I have more patience though and stick with some of them they might turn out to be good too.

About to finally install FFXII as well which is an older favourite so that should be good to play for a decent amount of time, and might be getting a Wii U over the next couple of weeks for Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I might spend well over 100 hours on considering how big it's supposed to be. Am mainly a scifi/rpg/open world nerd so it could be one of the perfect things to play until Control and Outer Worlds arrive in the coming months.

On 22/06/2019 at 11:28, Pidge said:

CTR

It's great, but they need to patch the rubber-banding on medium, it's ridiculous. No space between all 8 drivers regardless of how well you drive (I don't mean I drive particularly well either, but I've had crap runs and then I'll average 5 secs per lap faster but the result is exactly the same).  Get hit with one missile and you may as well restart on the tough tracks.  Don't know if the customisation options affect the stats, which might be part of the issue as all CPU karts seem to have all options from the get go.  The AI has also been upgraded, if you're behind someone don't expect to be able to pick up any fruit (which was always the key back in the day, get to 10 and leave everyone behind).

Ultimately it's the same great game it was, but looking great.  Exactly what I wanted, except for that they've added the difficulty scale and it feels off to me.  It was always a tough game, but it just feels like they've gone a bit over the top. Maybe it'll be less of an issue as I get used to the controls and timing fully again.

Crash and Aku Aku have to be the greatest double act of all time.

Have spent the last few days back on FFXII, and it's been awesome. About 21 hours in and have got past where I was on the PC version (left it because I preferred to play on console), it's been great seeing how the remaster has made the game look so much better. Another favourite is the speed mode that can be turned on, used at first for grinding to get through bits quicker but I'm playing almost all the time with it turned on at the moment. Might switch it back off more soon though because it can get hectic at times.

Forgot how big the game was too, the size of it is crazy. Am even liking catching up on the story again as I'd forgot quite a bit of it and the music is also great.

Easily one of the best games I've ever played. Top 5 without a doubt, maybe top 3 as well. I don't even play any other FF game (have got Type-0 on PS4 as well but only started the game off and left it so far) as I struggle to stay interested after a while, but I think this is just in another league overall.

It's taken me 12 years over a variety of playthroughs and on 3 different consoles, but last night I finally finished Bioshock. For some reason it's just something I have started but never finished. I played it all the way to the end last night and it was brilliant, I should have finished it the first time. Straight onto Bioshock 2 now. 

A really atmospheric, creepy but never scary game with a very interesting concept. 

2 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

It's taken me 12 years over a variety of playthroughs and on 3 different consoles, but last night I finally finished Bioshock. For some reason it's just something I have started but never finished. I played it all the way to the end last night and it was brilliant, I should have finished it the first time. Straight onto Bioshock 2 now. 

A really atmospheric, creepy but never scary game with a very interesting concept. 

I might be mistaking it for something else but I seem to recall that there was a bug on the initial release that meant it crashed at a certain point in the game which meant it couldn't be finished. This may have been on a specific version but I'm sure it was Bioshock.

I fancy getting on that as the third one was brilliant but I didn't get anywhere on the first two.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I might be mistaking it for something else but I seem to recall that there was a bug on the initial release that meant it crashed at a certain point in the game which meant it couldn't be finished. This may have been on a specific version but I'm sure it was Bioshock.

I fancy getting on that as the third one was brilliant but I didn't get anywhere on the first two.

That doesn't ring any bells - I remember Far Cry 2 having a really bad save corruption issue around the same time? That's still the only game I've ever physically destroyed after it corrupted my save for the 2nd time in a row with less than 5 missions left. 

I did play Bioshock Infinite all the way through, that was fantastic as well. Colombia was a very endearing and enchanting environment though not a patch on Rapture I thought. Can honestly recommend the first one, only 20 minutes into Bioshock 2 but it has much of the same feel - and that's great.