You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

If you haven't played them it will be worth your while looking at Game Pass. All on there with loads of other good stuff and you should be able to get the first month for a quid. 

I'll take a look at this, I've heard of Game Pass but I thought it was just EA titles. Will find out more.

Hollow Knight got so much love I bought it in one of the PS Store sales. It's way too fucking hard. Where's the enjoyment in playing what's essentially a muscle memory/learn attack pattern game like this? You have to wade through 5 minutes of button bashing from the save point to the boss only to die every single time. It can get to fuck now.

Red Dead Redemption 2.  9/10

Didnt quite capture the magic of the first game for me (which is probably my favourite game of all time) but still a great achievement by Rockstar.

Absolutely massive game, could have delayed the main story and stuck to side missions for a few more weeks I reckon.

Do think the epilogue chapters went on for slightly too long but it tied things into RDR1 nicely. Game controls took a while to get used to, lost count of the people I accidentally shot when trying to talk to them near the beginning. 

An absolute force of nature game, all the same. Might have to replay this at some point in the future. 

• 1 month later...

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - 10/10. I’ve played all the AC games and this is the best for me. I was sceptical when they changed the game play last time but this is superb. It’s absolutely massive, eminently playable and doesn’t get boring even when trying to 100% it. I’m now over 120 hours in! Great value for money and loads of fun. 

• Upvote 1

Finally finished witcher 3 blood and wine after not touching it for 2 years. Partly I think because I didn't want it too end. It's a masterpiece the entire game.

Also finished mass effect andromeda. I love the mass effect series but this was the worse one, just poorly cobbled together, a shame as the scope was there and the fighting plus large parts of the game play are great just let down by mostly everything else.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - 10/10. I’ve played all the AC games and this is the best for me. I was sceptical when they changed the game play last time but this is superb. It’s absolutely massive, eminently playable and doesn’t get boring even when trying to 100% it. I’m now over 120 hours in! Great value for money and loads of fun. 

I fancy a bit of that.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:21 AM, Shooter in the Motor said:

I fancy a bit of that.

It also makes different areas you’ve played get harder as you level up so it’s not too easy when you go back later. It could probably do with cranking that up a bit in the late stages of the game, but it’s always just about hard enough to stop it being boring. 

Currently playing Resident Evil 7 which is, by a mile, the best Resi game since 4. The first 2-3 hours were among the scariest of any game I can remember. I'm quite near the end now, and am well aware that it's about to go shit (that's what I've read in countless places).

On 1/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Juniper said:

Red Dead Redemption 2.  9/10

Didnt quite capture the magic of the first game for me (which is probably my favourite game of all time) but still a great achievement by Rockstar.

Absolutely massive game, could have delayed the main story and stuck to side missions for a few more weeks I reckon.

Do think the epilogue chapters went on for slightly too long but it tied things into RDR1 nicely. Game controls took a while to get used to, lost count of the people I accidentally shot when trying to talk to them near the beginning. 

An absolute force of nature game, all the same. Might have to replay this at some point in the future. 

I’ve. It picked RDR2 up for about 9 weeks now. I just wasn’t feeling it like you. 

23 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ve. It picked RDR2 up for about 9 weeks now. I just wasn’t feeling it like you. 

I finished it, but I just did not like it at all. It wasn't the slow pace (the first game was slow, too), it was the fact that it felt more like you were pressing a few buttons to link from one cut scene to another rather than actually playing a game.

• Upvote 1

Got round to playing some of the games I picked up in the Steam Christmas sale. These aren't 'AAA' games, they're far more interesting-

Slay the Spire: excellent rogue-like card game. The idea is that you build your deck during a 3 level run against various opponents, hopefully building enough of a hand to beat the final boss. This is a really well-balanced, deep and absorbing game with none of the usual pay-to-win bullshit of other card games. It went through a lengthy early access period which polished it to perfection. I've put 50-odd hours into this already and I'm still finding new combos and strategies- 9.5/10. https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/

The Room/ 2/ 3: not sure how to categorise these- they're puzzle games with very nice graphics where you manipulate elaborate puzzle chests, safes and other objects to reveal codes and keys to allow you to progress to further tasks. The difficulty is nicely pitched and the complexity and narrative ramps up very well over the three games. 7/10 for the first game, 9/10 for both the sequels. These are also available on mobile. https://store.steampowered.com/app/288160/The_Room/

On 3/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, sh#t waffle said:

I finished it, but I just did not like it at all. It wasn't the slow pace (the first game was slow, too), it was the fact that it felt more like you were pressing a few buttons to link from one cut scene to another rather than actually playing a game.

Yes! That’s it. Couldn’t put my finger on it properly until I read this, but you’re right. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - Been sat on my shelf for 2 years but got around to it in January. 63 hours and 100% completion later and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was mostly bollocks but I really liked Aloy and the game was a beauty to look at it. Also really liked using a bow and arrow for most of the game rather than guns, though I did love tearing a disc launcher off a Thunderjaw and using it against him. Generally avoided the Ubisoft trap of unlocking the map and loads of POI though it did have the stupid trope of climb a tower to show the map.

Slight flaws aside (story, everything in the game world wanting to kill you, Glinthawks and Stormbirds - cunts, slightly repetitive mission structure) I loved wandering the game world. 9 out of 10.

7 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Horizon Zero Dawn - Been sat on my shelf for 2 years but got around to it in January. 63 hours and 100% completion later and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was mostly bollocks but I really liked Aloy and the game was a beauty to look at it. Also really liked using a bow and arrow for most of the game rather than guns, though I did love tearing a disc launcher off a Thunderjaw and using it against him. Generally avoided the Ubisoft trap of unlocking the map and loads of POI though it did have the stupid trope of climb a tower to show the map.

Slight flaws aside (story, everything in the game world wanting to kill you, Glinthawks and Stormbirds - cunts, slightly repetitive mission structure) I loved wandering the game world. 9 out of 10.

Did you play the complete version with all the DLC or just the main game? 

Going to pick it up as I have just picked up a PS4 again.