You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is more of the same from the first two games but as I loved those and completed them both I'm very happy with it. Brilliant game so far. Also got Spiderman but not loaded up yet. Looking forward to that!

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is more of the same from the first two games but as I loved those and completed them both I'm very happy with it. Brilliant game so far. Also got Spiderman but not loaded up yet. Looking forward to that!

That'll do me. 

As soon as I've done AC Origins I'll get on that.

Even though it's gonna take me about 8 years to do Origins ffs

On 9/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, Naby's Nuts said:

Mafia 3 - 8/10.  Although the soundtrack is a bonafide classic 10/10.

I thought it was a massive missed opportunity myself

The story and soundtrack are out of this world but the games AI really fucked up what should have been a classic. Finished it 3 or 4 times as everything else is great but the AI really means it was far to easy to manipulate the gang members you wanted to bump off.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:13 AM, Red Phoenix said:

I don't have a PS4 though so can't fucking play it.

Well that was odd. Just over a week later and after years I finally have a PS4. Spider-Man looks good so far. The starting quest bugged me a bit and I just wanted the city opened up, but after getting that out of the way the city looks great. Have still got to get another mission or two out of the way by the looks of it because I don't see anything on my map apart from home and another mission. If I can get some outfits unlocked that I like and get going with some sidequests though I might get right into it.

Am never a main story person really, not even GTA or Elder Scrolls gets me with that part of the game, but the city looks like it could have plenty to do and it also looks great for getting screenshots from (the photo options are neat too) so might be happy playing around in it for a good while.

Haven't even touched Infamous Second Son yet but that'll be more my type of thing when it comes to gameplay I think. I don't have anything against Spidey, he's just not a character that I'm hugely attached to in film or games. It does look like a lot of effort has gone into the game though (I got it almost purely because the city is open to free roam in.) so it's great that they've managed to do that instead of making yet another comic book based game that sucks.

Hadn't seen much of Horizon Zero Dawn before I decided to get it and at the moment the games that I wanted for what seemed like ages (Deus EX: MD, Infamous Second Son, Gravity Rush 2) are just left near the console not being used while Horizon has me hooked. Am still low level and just exploring around the map, looks like the game has loads of life in it though and the story is actually interesting instead of something that I want out of the way so I can do other stuff. Awesome game so far.

Banner Saga, kind of bounced off it on PlayStation but it's one of those games that's just damn perfect on the switch.  Infuriating, but love the storytelling and always a sucker for some turn-based fun.  Just got through the first one, downloading the second.  Think (hope) the story comes to a good conclusion over the course of all three.

Makes me crave an X:Com enemy within Switch release as well tbh.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, Ted said:

That'll do me. 

As soon as I've done AC Origins I'll get on that.

Even though it's gonna take me about 8 years to do Origins ffs

And now they're releasing a new Assasins Creed...

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow of The Tomb Raider  6/10

Its a decent game but the poor score is due to the length of the story.

Way too short and not as long as the previous two in this current series.

Its good but simply not long enough. Swear I only put in about 10hours game time on it.

Poor for £50 for a single player focused game. Can’t be arsed to do more tombs and it’s only a matter of time before my copy ends up on eBay now the story is complete. 

Disapointing 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone playing the new Hitman

Managed to fuck up the Sean Bean contract. Pissed off. Spent 45mins setting it up. Found an explosive pen and left it on the table where he would sit and the bastard blew up straight away and took me with it. 

Got it, but only played the first mission so far.  Got 9 days for the elusive so going to play the Miami level a few times to get my bearings first.

Would play it more, but I feel like the fan in my PS4 is going to take off and put my TV unit through the ceiling.

It's good

Going to get properly stuck in next week when I'm off for 3 days. Got the first couple done and still doing a few dry runs in Mumbai. So much replay ability in the games and they've redone the Hitman 1 maps for more play too, so bought the upgrade to Hitman 1 aswell. 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:11 PM, Juniper said:

Shadow of The Tomb Raider  6/10

Its a decent game but the poor score is due to the length of the story.

Way too short and not as long as the previous two in this current series.

Its good but simply not long enough. Swear I only put in about 10hours game time on it.

Poor for £50 for a single player focused game. Can’t be arsed to do more tombs and it’s only a matter of time before my copy ends up on eBay now the story is complete. 

Disapointing 

I'd agree on the story, it was by far the weakest of the reboot trilogy, but I ended up putting in about 36 hours in to get 100% and really enjoyed the whole thing.

I liked that the challenge tombs were actually challenges and puzzles close to the difficulty of the old games; a big improvement on the tombs in the previous two games.

I hope they make another, can't get enough of Tomb Raider and it's an 8 out of 10 for me.

I've just ordered Civilisation VI on Switch which I am really looking forward to trying out. This sort of game really suits the mobile Switch and I can see this being a mainstay on it, IF I enjoy the game as I've never played one.