You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

I’ve just started Heavy Rain. It’s a bit boring to be honest. Not sure I want to play a game where i’m making drinks and going to the toilet, I do enough of that in real life.

It’s more of a movie than a game.

Loved it but it was more about the story than the gameplay.

Civilization VI. Not a patch on V. Looks like Sid Meier has finally jumped the shark on the Civ series. The inevitable further DLC better have some major changes.

Loved it but it was more about the story than the gameplay.

Civilization VI. Not a patch on V. Looks like Sid Meier has finally jumped the shark on the Civ series. The inevitable further DLC better have some major changes.

I love the concept of those but I used to get frustrated quickly as I was shit at it.

The explansion looked good, but wasn't happy with the base price of the game so not going to churn out another £25 on the hope it'll get good.

Meanwhile I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles.  Loving it so far, scratching a turn-based strategy itch with an engaging story underpinning it. 

Isn't that Detroit: Become Human very similar to Heavy Rain?

Yes it is. I've never played it but all of the maker's games are very similar. I think they have made four high profile games - Farenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond : Two Souls and the latest is Detroit : Become Human. They are all pretty much the same format. 

• 2 weeks later...

Soundtrack is the best thing on Mafia 3. It's superb. Taking over the same warehouse more than once gets a bit dull however.

I'm probably about six or seven hours in, and the soundtrack is what's keeping me coming back. I considered packing it in, as I felt like I'd probably seen the core gameplay loop at this point, but then something like Eve of Destruction comes on the radio and I have to keep going.

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeping dogs was brilliant. Yakuza 0 got a bit boring for me, some fucking bonkers missions though one mission was trying to stop some young girl from selling her knickers to paedophiles! I was laughing but thinking what the fuck is this game and another was training a dominatrix how to beat the shit out of clients. The Japanese are slightly bonkers.

They are a bit like sleeping dogs arn't they?

Planning on getting a PS4 next month.

I think I have sleeping dogs and it's quite similar from what I can recall. 

They all dubbed?

You played sleeping dogs?

If you like Hong Kong cinema is worth a play especially for the £5 it'll cost these days

I think it's dubbed as most of the conversations are still screens or Final Fantasy-style dialogue pop-ups. The combat is great, the side missions are quite odd like Karaoke music games.

Didn't realise they'd made Spider-Man a proper open world game, had a look at it a bit ago and think it looks awesome. Open world games are my fave so really happy they've managed to make something like this. Apparently they did something similar (on a smaller scale obviously) on the PS1 with a Spider-Man game but no idea if they ever repeated it until now. Respect to them for going back to something that can work so well when done right.

I don't have a PS4 though so can't fucking play it. Thought I'd never really be bothered once I started PC gaming but yeah it looks like another console is needed, and will get a PS4 if I get the money to spare at some point. Am wanting to play Infamous Second Son, Gravity Rush 2 and now this game as well. None of them are on the PC so am just going to have to give in and try and get one.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:54 PM, skend04 said:

That first level is rock hard for an introduction but being able to sling your way across New York or throw enemies and dustbins around is mental.

Yeah it took me about 10 goes to beat Fisk.

I'm still playing this game like the Arkham games, mashing buttons all the time. It requires a bit more effort than that and I'm too lazy to learn all the moves.

It's still a fantastic game though

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

Yeah it took me about 10 goes to beat Fisk.

I'm still playing this game like the Arkham games, mashing buttons all the time. It requires a bit more effort than that and I'm too lazy to learn all the moves.

It's still a fantastic game though

I've done a couple of missions but spent most the first few goes opening up the whole map by tuning in the towers and getting a grip on swinging through New York. The little loading times can be a pain though.