You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Bloodborne is one of the best games of the last ten years. Really fucked up, pretty tough (but it's a bit quicker and easier to navigate than Dark Souls, which lowers the barrier to entry a bit) but great fun.

Yep, amazing game. I’m currently playing Dark Souls 3 after initially dropping it. Boss game but tough as fuck.

Just finished Origins and it’s brilliant too. 9/10.

Capcom vs SNK 2 (Dreamcast).  Generic 2D beat 'em up.  I hadokened the shit out of my nephews, competitive dad style.  They need to learn life lessons the hard way.  8/10

18 Wheeler (Dreamcast).  Non-generic truck 'em up.  Single player is poo.  2 player vs battle is a hoot and saves the game from being a complete rip-off.  6/10

Horizon Zero Dawn - 9/10 Just based on how beautiful it looks.

I have to load this up again on PS4 Pro as I only started it on standard PS4 but got sidetracked.

Metroid: Samus Returns - Remake of the old Gameboy game Metroid 2. Updated with new areas, 3D graphics on a 2D plane, this was superb. Took me just under 20 hours to 100% complete the game and I loved every minute of it. Combination of old school challenge, the boss fights are all highlights, classic Metroid gameplay and new additions like 360 targeting for Samus. I know Nintendo are in the process of making Metroid Prime 4 but I hope they bring out a new 2D Metroid for the Switch because this game shows just how fucking good they are. 9 out of 10.

Yep, amazing game. I’m currently playing Dark Souls 3 after initially dropping it. Boss game but tough as fuck.

Just finished Origins and it’s brilliant too. 9/10.

I am still stuck at the beginning of central yharnman.

Fucking frustrating but strangely enjoyable

Getting past that fucking bonfire was the hardest part of the game for me. Glad I stuck with it though.

Is the bonfire in the part I am atm?

I am up to the part with the 2 wolf thingies.

I find that once I progress then get killed I try to quickly get back to were I was and end up dying a load of times so have to turn off for a bit then start again.

Is the bonfire in the part I am atm?

I am up to the part with the 2 wolf thingies.

I find that once I progress then get killed I try to quickly get back to were I was and end up dying a load of times so have to turn off for a bit then start again.

On the bridge?  Yeah they are dicks.  Even when I've gone back there later they've kicked my arse a few times.  Think they are there to teach you to split enemies up because if they both get on you it's trouble.

Love that opening area, take your time and soak it in.  It's all practice for what comes next.

God, might have to reinstall it...

• Upvote 1

On the bridge? Yeah they are dicks. Even when I've gone back there later they've kicked my arse a few times. Think they are there to teach you to split enemies up because if they both get on you it's trouble.

Love that opening area, take your time and soak it in. It's all practice for what comes next.

God, might have to reinstall it...

Nice one.

I gave up on it when it seemed the only way to progress was fight some giant fucking spider bitch who would kill me instantly. It was hard enough just to get to her.

Probably took a wrong turn and went there too early.

I did the same thing, looked online and found out I'd skipped half the game so I was massively underleveled to take spider bitch on.

2 was incredible imo

You had two play through with 2 characters. Really good game

True survival horror with limited ammo

They did that in 5 as well.  You had to cooperate with this irritating bitch.  I spent most of the game swearing at her under my breath and then...

...she died, and I felt really bad about thinking what an annoying bitch she was all game

I don't know about that, Nemesis is really underrated.

Basically the same template with the occasional massive 'shit yourself and run for it' moments of panic (which is great for an escape story).  Great memories of passing the controller for that one, screaming our heads off when the audio cue set in...

The only thing that elevates 1&2 above it is that those are both masterpieces in terms of getting the most out of a setting.  3 is a bit of a re-hash in that sense, which I think was why they moved out of Raccoon city for the fourth one.

• Upvote 1