You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Overwatch.  It was very chaotic at first, and the tutorial didn't really teach me anything. I went into that training facility or whatever and tried out every player which was fun itself, and made me understand the characters and their abilities a lot better. 

I'm only really playing through the characters vs AI at the moment, but it's a lot of fun and strongly addictive.

I imagine competitive is gonna be boss. 

Overwatch.  It was very chaotic at first, and the tutorial didn't really teach me anything. I went into that training facility or whatever and tried out every player which was fun itself, and made me understand the characters and their abilities a lot better. 

I'm only really playing through the characters vs AI at the moment, but it's a lot of fun and strongly addictive.

I imagine competitive is gonna be boss. 

I'm enjoying Overwatch - level 90 soon. It is as much fun as TF2 and most of the players are chilled in the PUGs. Haven't tried Competitive play yet but have heard that is a more serious affair where flaming teammates is more frequent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Psychonauts and Trials Fusion on PS4 recently, two older games but both great fun.

Psychonauts is a solid classic, brilliant Double Fine tale - although a few of the 3D platforming bits are a bit dated with how the camera fucks you over from time to time.

Some great great levels in here though, just finished The Milkman Conspiracy which looks a bit like:

1816460-psychonauts_2009_08_10_23_49_21_

Also, Hitman - probably the game of the year so far for me.  Killed Gary Busey and Lumburgh the other day, was ace.

Where do people look to keep up with what the good new games are? I see people talking online about some boss new Indy game on Steam and wonder where they get their gamer news & reviews from?

I think the User Review system on Steam is really helpful.

If you have a look at the new releases on Steam like once a month, sorted by reviews, you will usually find all the important titles. Like so:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&os=win%2Cmac&filter=popularnew

Rocket League.

Absolutely awesome. Feels very reminiscent to the way games used to be, very simple concept, simple controls, easy to play and do well but hard to master.  

None of this plodding game play and 72 button combo shit just to do something simple like the god awful heap of shite that is FIFA. 

Spotted Dragon Age Deluxe edition for £5 yesterday so gave it a go, less than the standard edition so guess it should be listed at £15...

Seems all right, feels much more like Origins than the second one so far (which is great because I really enjoyed the first one and chucked the second one pretty quickly.  Some small irritating aspects still, materialising waves of enemies feel so arbitrary, but it's early days and it's only the case for certain situations and the broad american accent for my main character reallys puts me off.  Can't complain for a fiver.

Also Thailand episode of Hitman released last week, still as good as everything else in this game.  Best game I've played in a very long time, went back and did Paris again and it's still fun and you still find things you've never spotted before.  Give me this kind of well-designed level over endless open world (Witcher aside, which is best of both worlds) any day.

Anyone played MLB the show?

Thinking of getting it when i pick up a PS4 in the next few months

I've played numerous of The Show's releases. I used to but pretty much every year. It was cheaper for me to import from Canada than it was to buy in the UK.