You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we willingly surrender to Chelsea?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should we willingly surrender to Chelsea?

• Yes. I would prefer to lose so that Chelsea may win the title.
    • No. That very thought is unbecoming of Liverpool FC. We should try our best to win.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be the most successful club in England because we have won more than anyone else, not because we let ourselves get beat to stop another team overtaking us.

I can't ever imagine wanting Chelsea to beat us, it should be against the nature of any Liverpool fan.

Also, will people stop calling for threads to be deleted? If you don't like it don't read it. Threads like this serve a purpose; it helps confirm who the forum mongs are!

It is our fault as a club that they are now level with us, that is a hard thing to take but for me it is true.

We will never get back to being in front if we contemplate letting other teams win. We need to look at the obvious when they do overtake us, yes I did say when not if. We need to look at our own shortcomings and how and why they have done it and put that right.

I remember last day of the season, us playing Blackburn and the Scum playing West Ham. Blackburn needed to win to be assured of the title. Rednapp scored a peach of a goal from free kick to win the game 2-1 and didnt even celebrate. luckily the Mancs only drew with West Ham. Blackburn won the title but at least we could hold our heads up and say we didnt give it them.

I half wanted us to lose to Blackburn in 95, anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Personally I think it's a thread that's worth a read. It's a moral dilemma. If you think it's straightforward one way or the other, you have greater peace of mind than me for one.

We were lucky in 95 as we got the best of both worlds. The relief around Anfield was palpable. Now that's the truth.

However, if I had thought Liverpool weren't trying, I would have been sick. If the mancs had have won it, I'd have been sick too, mind. It just went better than could have been hoped for.

I can't say there weren't people in the ground who wanted Liverpool to lose, because there were. There were arguments in the Flat Iron before the game if I remember right.

Most people wanted Liverpool to win, and que sera sera. We were fortunate back then. But now...

If it came to the 19th, as it has, then it is a tough call. Through all this grim grim time, we've had that one thing to cling to (outside of Europe). But we can't be too interested in them. We've got to look after ourselves.

I want to beat Chelsea. I want Chelsea to beat Manchester to the league (self loathing is overcoming me as I even think about this).

Overall, I'd say us to beat Chelsea, and then whatever will be. Just like in 95. If they win it, they win it.

"Always look on the bright side of life....!" Now tell the truth. It may seem small time talking about it 15 years later, but that was one great sing song.

No. No no no no no no.

I want us to win every single game. I want to see our players go out and give absolutely everything for the cause that is Liverpool Football Club. And I couldn't care less who wins the title. I'm not interested in any other side.

Yes, there will be the inevitable stick that will come our way from United should they win their 19th title, but you know what? That should make us more determined to go and match it and get to number 20 before them.

Let's be honest, if they win the league, then they deserve it. This Prem season has been all kinds of strange and so you feel that whoever comes out on top that they have earned it. I know some people here may disagree but there you go.

I'm not all of a sudden liking the mancs. I just don't really care what they do or achieve, I care about what we do and what we achieve. We have been poor this season, and so we must look to make it right next season. If United do win their number 19, then we will have to deal with it, just as they have had to deal with it from us. It's the way football is.

If that horrible scenario does unfold, that we lose our distinction as the record holder for league titles, then each and every one of the players (and the staff, from the manager down to the kit man) needs to look long and hard at themselves in the mirror in the summer, and come out fighting, all guns blazing next season, to win our own number 19.

We should always be only concerned with Liverpool Football Club.