You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wenger and his puffy coat

Nunavut Patrick

Doesn't bother me anymore.

Perhaps it's teh fact that he's become Houillier-esque in his stubborness not to replace Viera and the laughable loons who clown around as goalkeepers at the Emirates.

I almost felt sorry for him mid-week (almost as they'll walk it in the return leg becuase Helton is a trackie wearing useless keeper who looks like he needs be stuffed like a foie de gras goose on a farm in Normandy. Seriously, he is underweight.) when that ref basically walked the ball into Fabianski's net.

I think his sell-by date was 2 years ago.

I really dig that immersion heater look!

Do you remember "immersion heaters" by the way? Do they still exist?

If you had a bath and left "the immersion heater" on afterwards then your dad would not be a happy chappy, no siree bob.

I remember my old man coming back from a 4 week holiday and discovering that "the immersion heater" had been "left on" by me for the whole time.

He actually gave birth to a live kitten right there in the living room!

To this day I still don't really understand what "the immersion heater" even did!

As far as I could tell it was just some Arsene Wenger lookalike that lived in a cupboard in the back bedroom and apparently cost my dad shit loads of money.

Immersion.

Edited by Tom R

Ha ha! Immersion heaters are terrible. My mum still has one. You turn it on, wait a while, then run a bath - and the water is skin-shreddingly hot. So you turn on the cold tap too. Then it starts getting tepid. So you turn the cold tap off and leave the hot tap back on - and the hot tap is now cold. Madness!

Ha ha! Immersion heaters are terrible. My mum still has one. You turn it on, wait a while, then run a bath - and the water is skin-shreddingly hot. So you turn on the cold tap too. Then it starts getting tepid. So you turn the cold tap off and leave the hot tap back on - and the hot tap is now cold. Madness!

Hahaha

Welcome to the 80s.

Had an immersion heater for 5 long years when I lived above the office. There was no jacket though, so it wasn't "immersed". It was just a heater. Bath time was exactly how gkmacca described it. Not even time for a wank before the tepidness set in.

If you had a bath and left "the immersion heater" on afterwards then your dad would not be a happy chappy, no siree bob.

I remember my old man coming back from a 4 week holiday and discovering that "the immersion heater" had been "left on" by me for the whole time.

To this day I still don't really understand what "the immersion heater" even did!

As far as I could tell it was just some Arsene Wenger lookalike that lived in a cupboard in the back bedroom and apparently cost my dad shit loads of money.

Immersion.

Boy or girl? What did you call it?

Immersion.

I've got one as a back up hot water system in the house I currently rent. Hot mother fucker, the cupboard it resides used to dry my clothes quicker than any central heating system.

Immersion.

Yeah I've got one, much to my great pain and expense. My housemate's Geordie boyfriend came round and found it had been on, hadn't been touched by anyone since we moved in over 2 years ago. Bills had been ridic, since then they've been about £300 less a quarter.

Absolutely pointless because its not been on again since then, with no detrimental effect.

When we moved into our house in Walton in the 70's , my sister and me were asked to pick a bedroom each & by not taking more care I made the biggest mistake of my life.

I spent the next 15 years dithering in bed , in a recreation of an inuit igloo with ice on the inside of my windows , while the 'tank' ( not immersion heater ) ensured a sub-saharan mini-climate in my sis's room.

It was only the rather effeminate Long John Silver top-sheet ( still in use until I left home at 27 to get married - & not necessarily an aid to sex with loose women ) which ensured I did not become a statistic of death by hypothermia.