You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biscan Experiment

Truered

Guest heropsychodreamer

Biscan will continue to deputise as a central defender when one of the H`s are out injuried or suspended. I can`t see the point in constant critisizing him because, except the spurs and wolves games, he has played very well.

Guest heropsychodreamer

It just seems like we dont agree... If u go through it game by game you could easily name such games for sami and stephane too... in sami`s case....just name the fixture list for last season....

Before he lost the captaincy, Sami was having a terrible time and there was a case for him to be dropped and Henchoz parter Biscan. But he has responded magnificently to the kick up the arse and I couldnt understand why Henchoz was ket out for so long. Biscan never did too badly, but he was still suspect, the pen he almost gave away against Steau springs to mind. I'd keep him as useful cover, but cant see him having the ability to play on a regular basis at the level we are looking at.

Before he lost the captaincy, Sami was having a terrible time and there was a case for him to be dropped and Henchoz parter Biscan. But he has responded magnificently to the kick up the arse and I couldnt understand why Henchoz was ket out for so long. Biscan never did too badly, but he was still suspect, the pen he almost gave away against Steau springs to mind. I'd keep him as useful cover, but cant see him having the ability to play on a regular basis at the level we are looking at.

Don't disagree with any of that.But I do think it's unfair to get on Biscan's back - he was signed as a central midfielder and has tried his best at each of the many other positions he has been asked to cover.His best may not be good enough for the first team but he's battled through his confidence crisis and deserves credit for that.

Don't disagree with any of that.But I do think it's unfair to get on Biscan's back - he was signed as a central midfielder and has tried his best at each of the many other positions he has been asked to cover.His best may not be good enough for the first team but he's battled through his confidence crisis and deserves credit for that.

Amen to that. He wouldn't be in my team either but his attitude has been great to be fair.

I thought this post would be more interesting.

When I read Biscan experiment - I thought, Good for them, they've sold him for medical science. Finally a use for him I can approve of.

Igor: 'A brain. A brain for my master'

On a serious note, he's been better this year but still not good enough.

Guest Original202

If someone isn't good enough to play every week then they aren't good enough as back up.

There shouldn't be a difference in quality of those that are in the first team and back up. If a player comes in, they should fit into the team seamlessly

If someone isn't good enough to play every week then they aren't good enough as back up.

There shouldn't be a difference in quality of those that are in the first team and back up. If a player comes in, they should fit into the team seamlessly

I agree in theory but in practice you can't have eleven equally good players waiting for a game and no-one has ever been able to work an effective rota system with more than 3 or 4 players in the mix.Chelsea might prove an exception but I doubt it very much.

Steve - didn't think you came across as unfair at all.It was some earlier gripes about Igor on this and other threads that I thought a bit harsh.

Guest heropsychodreamer
I'm for everyone having their own opinions, mine is he is a liability and NO world class team would have him in the defence, would manure and the arse play him.

The answer is no!!:no

Arse and manure cant play him, because he is registred with us... ;)

Seriously thiugh, when Arsenal last won the double, one of their central defender for large parts of the season was the classy Igor Stepanovs... And this season they have been using Pascal Cygan. I would much rather have Igor Biscan. And manure...well not all of their players are world class...Quinton Fortune...the nevilles... Forlan... to mention a few...

I have never claimed that Igor is the solution to our problems, i just think the critisism is unfair and that he is an easy target. One thing is for sure, when Sami or Stephane makes mistakes they are home free. If Igor makes the same mistake..He is slaughtered!

As a 3rd/4th choice Biscan is good enough. Don't forget he has only played half a season in that position. Apart from horrendous errors he does okay, with more experience in that position the errors will decrease. Give him more time. How many felt a bit silly shouting "Bruno, Bruno" on Saturday? Fickle, no not Liverpool fans.