You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top the bitterness in this one Dave/Steve (Horton) (from Toffeeweb).

Kopite

http://members.boardhost.com/ToffeeWeb/msg/496599.html

help required

Posted by lord of anfield on January 26, 2004, 5:40 pm

User logged in as: mainstand

Name: ………………………….

Address: ………………………….

………………………….

………………………….

Mr Feargal McEvoy

Planning and Building Control

PO Box 88 Municipal Buildings

Dale Street

Liverpool

L69 2DH

January 2004

Dear Sir

Objection to LFC’s Plans to move into Stanley Park

I wish to make an objection to the above planning application.

I am a local resident and do not think that anyone at all should be allowed to build on a Victorian grade 11 listed park. This is a valuable community asset, enjoyed by many, and to allow any loss of open space in a densely populated terraced district would be very wrong.

I believe that an increase of 15,000 extra fans would bring more anti-social behaviour, disorder, car crime and possibly violence.

I also object on the grounds that an increase in traffic will cause congestion and parking problems and will create road safety problems as well as the pollution that this extra traffic would bring. More park and walk sites will bring traffic into an area not able to cope at present.

I also object that a large stadium of the size proposed will spoil the present appearance of the park and overshadow the area. The plan to build any development on a park (green open space) is a broken promise by this council and is against their own approved Unitary Development plan. It also contravenes the Government’s policy of building on Greenfield sites, when a brownfield site is available (as at the north docks). Yours sincerely

I know I'll get stick for this as the sole advocate of a shared stadium, but I really believe that this stadium in Stanley park will not happen. As soon as there were objections the club should have said "up yours" and built elsewhere. Every season of delay will cost the club £20m in revenue. Another example of the clubs' blinkered board of directors screwing up.

Think Hermes has a valid point there. I disagree over the shared stadium but the board have got to be more pro active in their stance to the council. We have to make it be known that we are doing something positive for the city, after all Stanley Park has been left in neglect for years and we will be repacing the parkland we build on wth more open space. The board need to make it be known that we would look elsewhere if need be, Sefton or Knowsley wold welcome us with open arms.