You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unirea Urziceni (h) 18th Feb

TaksimRakiClub

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have I been less enthusiastic about any game of footy ever.

We'll labour to a 2-0 win or some shit.

Indeed-Can't believe UEFA even allowed the whole set of games to go out on the same day that a new series of MasterChef starts...

Not like them to miss a trick like that

Hi..................................................I............................'m.....................John.............................................Barnes................look................to.................camera.................one................tonight.....................we.............hav.................e.....................liverpool..........................in....................the.........................uefa...................c................................up.......................................next..............card.....

Bless him.

No enthusiasm for this at all. I'd like to see a mixture of kids and fringe players, who might at least show some interest and not coast through the game with their mind on the weekend.

Agreed. The problem is that the CL acting as the be all and end all renders all of our games in this competition effectively meaningless and not worth risking the better players in unless we're comfortably amongst the top 4.

It's not a situation I like - I'd still like a return to a 'champions only' European Cup, regardless of the great times we've had in the CL, because the UEFA Cup would once again be an unmissable opportunity, a valid trophy and not just a nice looking tin pot for the also-rans.

Lemme guess.

You'd play Skrtel?

Correct. I posted my preferred line up for this game few pages earlier.

I think he deserves not to be dropped after his last 4-5 performences with Kyrgiakos and also against Arsenal where he was best on the field from my point of view.

Yes....I would always start him, in every game, even for the reserves ;)

Without wanting to go off topic here, am I the only one that thinks Skrtel has still played pretty poorly since he got back in the team?

If I remember some of your posts then I come to the conclusion that you don´t rate him at all and can not give him credit when he deserves it. You never say anything positive about him.

I did not look back to the posts you I just remember you as a poster who doesn´t like Skrtel.

His performances in year 2010 had been better than Agger´s november and december 2009.

If I remember some of your posts then I come to the conclusion that you don´t rate him at all and can not give him credit when he deserves it. You never say anything positive about him.

I did not look back to the posts tu make it as a fact. I just remember you as a poster who doesn´t like Skrtel.

His performances in year 2010 had been better than Agger´s november and december 2009.

I thought he was brilliant up until serious injury he got away at Man City last season, but since he returned has never looked anywhere near to being the same player. I can understand that his form may have dipped during the second half of last season, because it can take months to get back to same level of form and fitness after such a serious injury, but I don't think it's an excuse you can use for his awful form this season.

He used to be quick, strong and aggressive but he doesn't appear to use those attributes to the same affect that he used to. He's poor in the air, gives away far too many fouls and gets drawn out of position too easily.

I like to think I can give him credit when he deserves it, the only problem is, as I think he's played poorly all season (bar the odd game), I don't have anything positive to say about him. I sincerely hope he can get back to the level he was at during his first 18 months here, but whether he will is another matter.

Maybe I am being too harsh on him. I personally don't think I am, but it's why I asked if I'm in the minority here who thinks he's not played well at all recently, as if people think he's played well, then there must have been games where he did play well. But we're probably at polar opposites here as I know you're a massive Skrtel fan.

absolutley no width

So?

See below.

Which may actually be a good thing as our wide players aren't very good.

Exactly. I thought the idea for a long time anyway has been to get our width from the fullbacks?

Would just be nice to have Gerrard and Aquilani working in tandem, Masch for once playing the role he's most natural at, and wouldn't it be great to see Pacheco played where many think he'll be best, but with two strikers in front of him, and Gerrard and Aquilani close by to pass the ball around with.

Nonce of that will ever happen of course. Just how I'd like to see us for once maybe try something a bit out of the ordinary. We've become far too stale and predictable.

Going by the bib theory, Pacheco and Aquilani are starting.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Liverpool FC Europa League training picture gallery

How often do the players with bibs actually end up in the starting line-up? I know it's turned out to be the team the last few games, but I hadn't noticed it before then.

I'll be happy if Aquilani and Dani Pacheco are in the team, but Martin Kelly is without a bib in those pictures*, and I'll be dissapointed if he doesn't play.

*I think it's Kelly, but I'm not sure, it looks like him, and I can't think of anyone else it could be.