Quantcast
Kevin Bridges - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Elite

Kevin Bridges

I have seen him do two 20 minute sets in the past few months and I think he is brilliant. Genuinely funny guy, he's very natural with comedy.

Agree, going to see him in May...

Watched a Jimmy Carr DVD last night too. I had underestimated him - very good...

"There are two ways to stop bullying: stop the bullying, o, stop the kids who are being bullied from being such faggy dicks."

Kevin Bridges:

When I was at school, it was different.

You got Fat shamed, skinny shamed, speccy shamed, ginger shamed, addidas 4 stripe shamed, big ear shamed,

I’d pump yer maw shamed, yer dad's an alchy shamed, Bucky teeth shamed, head lice shamed.

And if you complained, you got cannae take a shaming shamed.

• Upvote 1

Stand up comedy it's any of Eddie Izzard, Billy Connolly, 70's Steve Martin or Dylan Moran, for me.

Comic actors i'd go for Michael Palin, Eric Morecambe, Reeves and Mortimer or Rik Mayall

• Upvote 1

Last week, The Guardian did a top 50 greatest comedians of the 21st century for some reason- https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/sep/18/best-comedians-of-the-21st-century-comics-standup-comedy

It's funnier than most of the dross on it.

They've been top lists of the 21st century for loads of other stuff as well, films, books, TV programmes etc. They're either desperate for clicks, or they know the world is about to end.

15 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Stand up comedy it's any of Eddie Izzard, Billy Connolly, 70's Steve Martin or Dylan Moran, for me.

Comic actors i'd go for Michael Palin, Eric Morecambe, Reeves and Mortimer or Rik Mayall

I love Dylan Moran, he's not done anything for ages though. 

I watched Paul Chowdhry's special on Amazon last week and thought it was very good, definitely one of the better current comedians out there.

16 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Old school stand up - Richard Pryor, Dave Allen, Steven Wright, Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Eddie Izzard

Recent - Bill Burr and Tom Segura.

I cant get my head around Izzard being described as old school, but i guess he is, given how long he has been doing it for.

17 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Old school stand up - Richard Pryor, Dave Allen, Steven Wright, Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Eddie Izzard

Recent - Bill Burr and Tom Segura.

Steven Wright is brilliant,as was/is Emo Phillips. I like the Old School style of 'The Comedians' tv show where comedians tell actual jokes and funny/anecdotal stories. There are too many 'observational comedians' and their observations are not actually funny,they are often simply cringeworthy or mildly humourous at best.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Steven Wright is brilliant,as was/is Emo Phillips. I like the Old School style of 'The Comedians' tv show where comedians tell actual jokes and funny/anecdotal stories. There are too many 'observational comedians' and their observations are not actually funny,they are often simply cringeworthy or mildly humourous at best.

Of the modern era Stewart Lee stands out for me but I don't mind the likes of Kevin Bridges,Lee Mack is ok,Tim Vine(as I like the daft,quickfire stuff) and one or two others.

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

No particular order. Billy Connolly, Richard Prior, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Joan Rivers. 

Joan Rivers

Ricky Martin was that far in the closet his ass was in Narnia

Just now, sir roger said:

Joan Rivers

Ricky Martin was that far in the closet his ass was in Narnia

Out of rep mate.

Rivers was undoubtedly one of the funniest on the circuit, plus she started at a time when women rarely ventured into the field of 'Stand Up' comedy. She also wrote quite a few funny books. 'The Book of Joan' is an excellent one.