You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Bishop

Faustus

Boss.

He's fucking right, it is fucking shite

Out of interest, have you even been to London?

I actually lived in London and loved it. I've stayed up North too and enjoyed it. Both places have their own charm. As for that clip, who else can manage hearing about 10 seconds of Graham Norton talking without wanting to commit a murder suicide?

WTF! You're meant to say how shit it is and how rude everyone is! Tut tut.

• 1 year later...

Agreed RK. I don't find him particularly offensive and he seems like a really decent bloke. Saw him play to a half full Leeds City Varieties a few years back and he was ace.

Problem is, BBC doing what they do with everyone and completely overexposing him. Too much of anyone will get on your tits. They've done the same with Stephen Fry which is kind of ok as I like him but they're doing the same with that unfunny twat Sarah Millican.

He used to volunteer at a hospice in Runcorn, not sure that is commonly known. It's the same hospice which does an annual fundraising walk from Widnes to Runcorn to raise cash and which once lined up 'Mario and Lisa' from Big Brother to take part, but at the last minute Mario's agent demanded he be paid 2k to take part, which the hospice couldn't afford, and he didn't do it. Puts the whole fame/cunt thing into perspective I suppose.

He used to volunteer at a hospice in Runcorn' date=' not sure that is commonly known. It's the same hospice which does an annual fundraising walk from Widnes to Runcorn to raise cash and which once lined up 'Mario and Lisa' from Big Brother to take part, but at the last minute Mario's agent demanded he be paid 2k to take part, which the hospice couldn't afford, and he didn't do it. Puts the whole fame/cunt thing into perspective I suppose.[/quote']

Halton Haven. Its near to where he used to live on Murdishaw.

Did anybody else watch him on Graham Norton last night? I thought he was made to look like a cunt by Norton and Billy Crystal and actually felt a bit sorry for him.

Norton basically asked him a question and as Bishop's talking, Crystal's looking at him as though he's sitting next to a piece of shit. Norton then asks 'can you understand anything he's saying?' and Crystal just starts shaking his head going 'no, no'. Every time the fella opened his mouth, Crystal would just stare at him with a bit of a disdainful look like he was from another planet.

Reminded me of going to America and having everybody go 'what?' after literally everything you've said. Incredibly annoying.

Did anybody else watch him on Graham Norton last night? I thought he was made to look like a cunt by Norton and Billy Crystal and actually felt a bit sorry for him.

Norton basically asked him a question and as Bishop's talking, Crystal's looking at him as though he's sitting next to a piece of shit. Norton then asks 'can you understand anything he's saying?' and Crystal just starts shaking his head going 'no, no'. Every time the fella opened his mouth, Crystal would just stare at him with a bit of a disdainful look like he was from another planet.

Reminded me of going to America and having everybody go 'what?' after literally everything you've said. Incredibly annoying.

I thought Hugh Jackman came across well, but completely agree, Crystal was being a prick and rude. Clearly did not consider Bishop famous enough to warrant engaging him in actual conversation. I think Norton set him up a bit initially, but was fine after that.

I agree with previous comments though, Bishop seems like a decent sort regardless of his ability to make you laugh