You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

101 uses for Maxi Rodriguez

rubble-rouser

It's clearly lunacy to judge any player, but particularly a player coming from a foreign league, any sooner than, say, 30 games into their time here.

It's particularly difficult for him and Aquiliani this season, as we're showing no form at all. We're getting the odd result, but our play is on the whole really poor. It must be the most difficult circumstances to join a Liverpool team that there have been for donkey's (hur hur) years.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The response by a few of the people on this thread is hilarious, you'd think your daughter had just been raped, the first poster has not even written him off, merely questioned him in a jovial fashion. Ooh, no, this must not be tolerated, zis is an outrage, he must be brought to justice, resulting in personal insults and abuse. If you have all taken such exception to the couple of posts on this thread possibly mine included you need to get a fucking grip. Get off your fucking high horses with your matyr super fan shit, you have no right to judge a persons support for his club by a flippant post, now go and give yourselves a big pat on the back for supporting our new player through this tirade of abuse he has recieved.

The response by a few of the people on this thread is hilarious, you'd think your daughter had just been raped, the first poster has not even written him off, merely questioned him in a jovial fashion. Ooh, no, this must not be tolerated, zis is an outrage, he must be brought to justice, resulting in personal insults and abuse. If you have all taken such exception to the couple of posts on this thread possibly mine included you need to get a fucking grip. Get off your fucking high horses with your matyr super fan shit, you have no right to judge a persons support for his club by a flippant post, now go and give yourselves a big pat on the back for supporting our new player through this tirade of abuse he has recieved.

Fair point Al. For my own part, as a responder to the thread, my beef wasn't with the opening poster as much as we now seem to exist in a climate where having a pop at a player who has only played 2 games for the club and who has come from a different league in a different country is the rule rather than the exception. Point taken that this thread was a jovial one, and none of us are here to judge, either on content or integrity, but it has to be said that there is some world class cuntery being exhibited by some fans, both on here and in the wider media. Whether that be borne of frustration or just the desire to moan for the sake of is an issue where the boundaries are becoming blurred.

You know on demonstrations, when we sing 'it's in the wrong hands, Liverpool Football club is in the wrong hands'? Well, I'm fast becoming of the opinion that some cunts who follow our club have the owners that they deserve.

There are some squealing, blarting, short sighted, quick to judge, slow to understand utter fucking embarassments following the club these days and some cunts on this site need to give their head a shake.

Couldn't have said it better.

to win the prem youve got to have shit loads of pace up top and from your full backs......................

ngog+kuyt+maxi+insua+aurelio = certain failiure in the league

wouldnt say its failure, but its number one material. at least not all of it, i do like insua :whatever:

Couldn't have said it better.

Well put..

I don't understand all the constant negativity, surely we are all aware now that this season is write off, but are having a decent run. So we just lost away to one of the best teams in the league, that's just sport for you. On another day, with a touch of luck we could of scored two of the chances we had. We had the luck lat year, this year it is biting us on the backside. To many snide and bitter threads at the moment though... rant over.:whistle:

Fair point Al. For my own part, as a responder to the thread, my beef wasn't with the opening poster as much as we now seem to exist in a climate where having a pop at a player who has only played 2 games for the club and who has come from a different league in a different country is the rule rather than the exception. Point taken that this thread was a jovial one, and none of us are here to judge, either on content or integrity, but it has to be said that there is some world class cuntery being exhibited by some fans, both on here and in the wider media. Whether that be borne of frustration or just the desire to moan for the sake of is an issue where the boundaries are becoming blurred.

I completely agree with that, this thread however for me did not echo that whatsoever, the dramatic responses I can't quite believe "unbelievable thread" etc etc, it just felt a bit like the opening poster had been used as a scape goat against the fans you have pointed out that I do whole heartedly agree exist.

First left sided player I've seen for us in ages who actually tries to beat a man.

He may not have had much joy yet, but it's nice to see some intent.

He isn't quick, not by any stretch, but if you have teh skills that's not so vital.

He'll do alright. He won't be a new John barnes, but he'll be better than anything else we've had since MCManaman!

Exactly this. Never really aimed at the poster.

But a title like "101 uses....." suggests that the use he's meant to fulfill is good enough.

• 2 weeks later...