You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you be happy with dying a RED?

Kopite82

Spoke to a man in 60's the other day who's watched Liverpool all his life. Listening to some of his tails of the Shanks Revolution and the Paisley Domination was amazing. After a bit I asked him if he was happy now and as a Liverpool fan what would make him happiest before he died.

He said the game isn't what it was and never will be what he truly loved but he'd but content seeing us win the league 20 times before he dies and be extatic if we could do a League an CL double before he died.

What's your Kopite ambitions and why?

Spoke to a man in 60's the other day who's watched Liverpool all his life. Listening to some of his tails of the Shanks Revolution and the Paisley Domination was amazing. After a bit I asked him if he was happy now and as a Liverpool fan what would make him happiest before he died.

He said the game isn't what it was and never will be what he truly loved but he'd but content seeing us win the league 20 times before he dies and be extatic if we could do a League an CL double before he died.

What's your Kopite ambitions and why?

Does he know something? are we set for two decades of dominance?

to win the league again,i turned 40 in december and i never thought when i was 20 that 20years later i wouldn't have seen us win the league again.

i can still remember getting the coach on priory road for the last game of the season at coventry,and there was a few villa fans arriving for there game against the blueshite and all of us taking the piss as they were title contenders that season.it was a great day too,arrived at highfield rd sun blazing down a few beers outside the ground and a party atmosphere inside and a 6-1 win and a barnes hatrick great days.

I'm not greedy as I have been massively lucky in being a Liverpool supporter.

If a person could look back and choose a team & a date to be born to maximise footballing enjoyment , you couldn't do much better than LFC & 1960 ( maybe a few years earlier to fully enjoy the early Shankly successes ).

Trying to think of alternatives , possibly a Real Madrid fan born immediately after WW2

Anyhow , I am more bothered about my daughter who has never seen us win anything since starting to go the match & the younger guys & girls on the forum , so for their benefit I would like a League win or two & a couple of European Cups over the next 5/7 years.

Guest davelfc

Slightly on topic, I was only talking to my eldest daughter and son this morning about how sad it was that John Peel didn't live to experience Istanbul.