You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

According to many slovak newspapers Juventus wants to replace ageing Cannavaro this summer and their nr.1 target is Skrtel. They are ready to offer 8 mil. pounds for him.

His agent confirmed this information, but also added that Martin said that he is happy in Liverpool and doesn´t want to leave.

Juventus chce dať za Škrtela 8 miliónov libier - Šport.sk

Here is one of the links, but it is in Slovak.

Would you take 8 mil. for him?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Slovak football player with Martin Skrtel is still in the viewfinder ve¾koklubu Italian Juventus. Stopera England Liverpool would be "old lady", according to information s News of the World is seeking the next summer transfer window, with the line "The Reds" Italians are not prepared amount - 8 million British pounds. Dvadsapäroèný native Handlová came to Anfield Road in January 2008 announced a 6.5 million pounds.

Juventus prospect is considering strengthening the defensive since the end of the current season is likely to leave defender Giorgio Chiellini and another mainstay of Defense Fabio Cannavaro may terminate his career. Skrtel has yet to his credit 74 meeting in Liverpool jersey in this year, however, hard struggle for a place in the base composition with Daniel Agger and, most recently with the Greeks Sotirios Kyrgiakosom."

Hahaha... Can't beat a translation

According to many slovak newspapers Juventus wants to replace ageing Cannavaro this summer and their nr.1 target is Skrtel. They are ready to offer 8 mil. pounds for him.

His agent confirmed this information, but also added that Martin said that he is happy in Liverpool and doesn´t want to leave.

Juventus chce daÅ¥ za Å*krtela 8 miliónov libier - Å*port.sk

Here is one of the links, but it is in Slovak.

Would you take 8 mil. for him?

Tricky one. I thought he was excellent for much of last season, but he's been as abysmal as the rest of our defenders any time he's played this time around.

In this day and age, his lack of goals is a big minus too. United, Chelsea and Arsenal's centre halves contribute regularly, but with Sami gone, ours present zero threat.

If selling him allowed us bring in a more dominant Sami-esque type defender who'd give us more security at set pieces and and who knocked in even 5-7 goals a season, it would make sense.

We should be looking for more than £8m though.

But here is the kicker, I don't think Agger is particularly any good either.

I agree. He's better than Skrtel and more composed all round, but he hasn't got that physical presence we need. That's why the greek has made such a difference to us.

Skrtel looks like he's back to playing like his debut game at the min.

But here is the kicker, I don't think Agger is particularly any good either.

I think that says more about you than him to be honest. Agger is fantastic.

Skrtel has been hit and miss really, had a great start, carried it on at the start of last year but seemingly hasn't been the same since his injury. I'd let him go for £10M.

he was excellent for most of last season

player's who go backwards under Benitez no. 907862476

Why is Benitez to blame for every player who turns to shit though?

Gerrard, Carra, Torres and Mascherano have bad spells from time to time but drag themselves back up.

Surely most of the responsibility lies with the players. With Skrtel, it's not as though he's been played out of position or anything.

I agree. He's better than Skrtel and more composed all round, but he hasn't got that physical presence we need. That's why the greek has made such a difference to us.

Skrtel looks like he's back to playing like his debut game at the min.

I am surprised how people continue to slate him after his last 4-5 performances where he has been good and looking on his way back ( Stoke, Spurs, Wolves and Bolton).

He seems to be scapegoat for our defence playing shite since august until the end of december, even when he played only in about half ot he games and Carra and Agger weren´t much better. It is fashionable to say he is shite these days.

Would keep him.

I think that says more about you than him to be honest. Agger is fantastic.

Skrtel has been hit and miss really' date=' had a great start, carried it on at the start of last year but seemingly hasn't been the same since his injury. I'd let him go for £10M.[/quote']

He's been as awful as the rest of our defenders this season and missed most of the last two season through injury.

Good potential, but I think 'fantastic' is wildly over the top.

In fairness to him though, at least he knows how to score a goal.

He's been as awful as the rest of our defenders this season and missed most of the last two season through injury.

Good potential, but I think 'fantastic' is wildly over the top.

In fairness to him though, at least he knows how to score a goal.

I disagree, I think he is fantastic. He's proven himself to be a very good player, sadly it's the injuries that could scupper his career.

We're a vastly better side when he's in there, he's in the right areas, he reads the game well, and his distribution is very very good.

I am surprised how people continue to slate him after his last 4-5 performances where he has been good and looking on his way back ( Stoke, Spurs, Wolves and Bolton).

He seems to be scapegoat for our defence playing shite since august until the end of december, even when he played only in about half ot he games and Carra and Agger weren´t much better. It is fashionable to say he is shite these days.

Would keep him.

I never said he was shite nor have I slated him but he doesn't look the player he was last season for some reason or another. He has been very wayward with his performances this season.

If you look back at all the comments about the defence this season I think Carra has been blamed more than Skrtel for this seasons defensive problems.

Whether that's right or wrong I'm not sure, but they are all to blame as far as I'm concerned.

Would keep him.

I can only speak for myself, I thought he would more or less replace Carragher towards the end of this season, I was hoping Carragher would start playing less (so we can have him for longer). But too many shithouse performances for me.

I don't mean regarding tackles and getting stuck in, I am focussing on responsibility, against Stoke he couldn't pass the ball straight, and that seems to have become his norm this season, hasty clearences that put us under immediate pressure, misdirected headers! He looks like someone who doesn't want to playing in the team whilst they are playing poorly.

he was excellent for most of last season

player's who go backwards under Benitez no. 907862476

I see you're ignoring the fact that Skrtel was absolutely wretched in his first few Liverpool appearances.

Rewrite of history to fit an agenda no. 29393478272810101.

I disagree' date=' I think he is fantastic. He's proven himself to be a very good player, sadly it's the injuries that could scupper his career.

We're a vastly better side when he's in there, he's in the right areas, he reads the game well, and his distribution is very very good.[/quote']

All valid points, but he has to be looked at in the context of his availability to us for 40 games or more every season.

He looked like he was going to be a huge player for us initially - a footballing, goalscoring centre half.

Naturally, after being out so long, he's looked very rusty this season when he's played. I really hope the worst is behind him with injuries and fitness but the chances are that it isn't. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though.

I see you're ignoring the fact that Skrtel was absolutely wretched in his first few Liverpool appearances.

Rewrite of history to fit an agenda no. 29393478272810101.

He was wretched just in his debut against Havant. In other games he played well.