You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Draw

Gav

Pompey at home is as good as we could ask for

Man Utd v Man City/Spurs

Tranmere v Swansea City

Telford/Millwall v Burnley

Sunderland v Birmingham City

Sheff Utd v Coventry/Colchester

Arsenal v Chelsea

Liverpool v Portsmouth

Everton/Fulham v West Ham

In the last eight we could see Tranmere again.

Or Bramall Lane

:no :no

Glad we've got a normal tie and not one of them romance-of-the-cup draws with some seaside town*. I've never wanted Chelsea to win before but I wish they'd gubbed those small town wankers with their open top bus tour just cos their name came out of a hat. They took the S*n's dollar as well. Shitheads. I hate underdogs. They're only underdogs cos they're crap. Their favourite songs are always things like "We hate Okehampton and we're gonna kick their 'eads in"

(*No Portsmouth isnt. It has big ships like Liverpool and no beach huts).

I've got an awful feeling it will be 12:30 on Saturday. Assuming the prime time games will be 5:35 on Saturday and 4pm on Sky, they'll pick Arse v Chelsea and ManU v City/Spurs. The Beeb wont want us 3 rounds in a row, leaving the Sky Saturday game the only option. Now how do I tell the missus I'm going to spend 14-odd hours on the piss in Liverpool instead of "celebrating our wonderful relationship" with a tacky card, some shitty flowers and, if i'm lucky, a drunken scrum after the pub?

Anybody remember when we played Portsmouth at Anfield in the League Cup in the early 80's. A crowd of 35,000, with 17,000 from Portsmouth for a night match-incredible. They filled Anfield Rd end (when it was all terracing) and the whole of the Kemlyn Rd stand. Has there ever been a bigger away support at Anfield? Steve H, don't dare say Scotland or Holland.:no

That was my first ever night match, first experience of large scale away support and also hooliganism, as some of them tried to charge the line of 26 buses after nthe game. They thought our last 2 goals were jammy apparently.

As for the away support, the only thing i can recall that runs it close is Newcastle and Sheff Weds 12-13000 in 1983-4 cups.

You said dont try Scotland or Holland, but how about this one. In 1933-4 we were drawn away to Tranmere in the FA Cup, but it was switched to Anfield, where a then record 61000 attended. As we were technically the away team there's your answer.