You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Met Commander Ali Dizaei jailed for corruption

Sugar Ape

On a related note, does anyone else think the name' Black policemans association' is a little provocative? The chairman of it, whose name escapes me, was in the echo about a year ago saying it was open to any police officers regardless of race, so why that name?

Because it's a racial minority ( I think that is now up for debate in this country too now) they are allowed to used it. If we decided to have the white policemans association it would be outlawed instantly for inciting racism.

It reminds me of a couple of court cases about 3 years ago when 2 lots of "youths" from different parts of the country were on trial. The group of white teenagers had a racial motivated attack available to the jury yet the group of teens from an ethnic background didn't. Meaning if the white teens had been found guilty then they would have had up to 30 years behind bars yet the other group had a maximum sentence of 5 years. Fortunately the judge removed the racial motivated attack option from the jury.

It's starting to feel very much like one rule for us and a far lesser rule for them. This isn't their fault, it's the fault of this government and the extremes that they have taken the politicaly correct policies to.

I think, in principle, the idea of the organisation is a good idea. Having an organisation to help protect the rights of minorities is obviously a good thing.

My point was really, and maybe not a very important one, why use the word black in the title if white, asian officers etc... can join?

But I don't think anyone can argue the merits of there being someone to look out for the rights of minorities and make sure they are fairly represented.

Also A stoner, I don't think it is a case of 'us' and 'them'. After being treated unfairly ( to put it mildly ) for many years what is wrong with 'them' trying to look out for themselves?

'They' don't have to pull the race card at any sign of trouble though. The organisation is a good idea in principle but it gets abused.

And you know 'they' do this how? It would appear that a lot of our police forces are under represented by ethnic minorities and that a lot of ethnic minorities in the police force face racism by their fellow officers.

The person this thread is about is a case in point that you can be an ethnic minority and be corrupt, but so what? You can be white and be corrupt.

Maybe Ali Dizaei did play the race card, but what do you want to happen when a black or asian officer faces racism, not complain?

Hence why I said the association is a good idea in principle but prone to be abused. And I don't just mean in the police force, the term "It's because i'm black" gets used over the most trivial of things.

And in my eyes, organisations with names like 'The Black Policeman's Association' only adds fuel to the fire of the younger generations and their views. I'm 19 and have predominantly grown up in London after moving down from Liverpool at the age of 10, it's all you hear in the schools down here "Ahh they wouldn't do that to a white boy" etc etc etc.

I'm sick of it all.

And A Stoner is spot on about the government, it's a common fact that down here you get priority for housing over people who were born in the UK or even people that have been here for 30 years if you're new to the country. It's disgusting.

Mate, just because some black or asian people play the race card doesn't mean fuck all really. Some people are cunts, nothing new there.

I hope I am wrong but you seem to be saying you are sick of minority people saying they are being persecuted because of the colour of their skin. What if they ARE getting abuse for being black or asian? Do you want them to keep their mouths shut incase it upsets people?

As for your last paragraph, I don't think it is a 'fact' at all. Sounds like Dailly mail shite to me. But say it was true, I would rather my taxes went to paying for accomodation for a family that has escaped say Iran in fear of their lives, than Joe Mcsmackrat and his 4 kids who can't be arsed getting a job.

As for your last paragraph, I don't think it is a 'fact' at all. Sounds like Dailly mail shite to me. But say it was true, I would rather my taxes went to paying for accomodation for a family that has escaped say Iran in fear of their lives, than Joe Mcsmackrat and his 4 kids who can't be arsed getting a job.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

Course I am. What part do you disagree with? You would rather your taxes went to paying for scum who can't be arsed working just because they happen to be born in the same country as you, but you don't want your taxes paying for refugees who have escaped from a warzone because they aren't English?

I didn't say that. You just seem to be under the impression that every person let into the country gets a job and lives a legal lifestyle and everything's hunky dory.

No, I don't. Most LEGAL immigrants who come here work, and are not eligible for benefits. So they support themselves. Illegal immigrants, are here illegally obviously, and don't claim benefits as they are not eligible. Asylum seekers get benefits, but not anything like what you are making out. Their case gets processed to see if they can stay here, and if they can stay here I don't see any difference between giving them benefits or giving English people benefits.

Most foreigners here do live a legal lifestyle, theres quite a few on this forum living here from the USA and Canada etc... contributing to the economy.

Who exactly is it that you have a problem with?

• 2 weeks later...

Disgraced police commander Ali Dizaei has excrement poured over his head in violent prison attack - mirror.co.uk

Disgraced police commander Ali Dizaei was knocked out and had excrement poured over his head in a violent prison attack.

The former Met chief, 47, was jumped from behind by inmates in a CCTV blindspot on one of the landings.

The assault has left the corrupt officer terrified as it came just three days after he was transferred from another jail over attack fears. Dizaei has now been secluded for his safety.

A prison source said: "An inmate came up behind him and dumped a bucket of s*** over his head. As he was wiping it off he was punched square in the face and knocked out. Everyone feared Ali would be targeted by other prisoners. But this was a deeply unpleasant attack and he is terrified."

The assault was on Monday evening at the part-open Category C Edmunds Hill - where Boy George served time. The 379-inmate prison, near Newmarket, Suffolk, houses no lifers so it was deemed safe for Dizaei.

The ex-Scotland Yard officer was moved there on Friday after spending 11 days of a four-year term for misconduct and perverting justice at tough Wandsworth. He was being held in solitary there.

Dizaei - Britain's most high-profile Asian policeman - was jailed at London's Southwark crown court earlier this month after a jury heard he tried to frame web designer Waad al-Baghdadi in a row over a £600 debt.

Branded a criminal in uniform, he is the most senior officer to be jailed in 33 years.

Fucking hell, fancy putting the former fourth in line to the top job in the police foce in prison with those animals? You'd at least think they'd put the poor bastard in a unit somewhere or something. Dickheads.

I don't think they were that stupid. The put him in a worse prison first which i was surprised they did but i bet those who's decision it was did it on purpose in the hope something like this happened.