You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Usher on Babel

rebel23

I've never read such a damning verdict on a Liverpool player. Babel needs to stop sulking

-

Once again, he was just fucking shit. For the first couple of minutes he ran around a bit, then he lost interest. Didn't close them down, didn't hold the ball up, didn't run the channels.... everything that N'Gog did (or at least tried to do), Babel didn't. I can understand why Rafa felt putting him on was the right thing to do, but once again Babel let him down and showed that whatever faith Benitez has left in him is completely misplaced. He's just dreadful, and he was the only player who let us down as everyone else gave their all for the side.

The frustrating thing is, the game was perfectly set up for Babel to wreak havoc. He had fresh legs, they were pushing forward and there were gaps to exploit. He's just shit though, and I'd rather we used Amoo in that situation now than this brain dead, lazy waste of a shirt.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/1st-team-2009-2010/88529-liverpool-1-everton-0-prem-feb-8-2010-a.html

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an element of Lucas syndrome with Babel, but the more fitting comparison is with Ngog, who doesn't have Babel's natural explosiveness but puts a shift in whenever he plays. Even against Stoke, when he got absolutely battered and was largely dreadful, he kept on showing, kept on running. Babel doesn't. He only runs when he thinks it's worth his while, rather than worth the team's while. He's also remarkably quick when going forward and remarkably slow when tracking back.

There was one point on Saturday when he was walking around as Everton pushed forward, not even making an attempt to run. Or even jog. Or even mozey.

The worst of it is, though, that even with all the evidence against him, whenever he gets the ball part of you thinks he might just do something brilliant, and I'd warrant most of us feel that, rather than just me being a moron.

Also, Ted, I find your new-found man-love for Lucas touching. It was only a matter of time before you noticed he's actually alright now.

Maybe because his reputation of a lazy shithouse actually befits him?

And you and I really do have differing definitions of "great game."

I don't think it was a decent description of him for the 20 minutes he played on Saturday.

Lucas played well, he threw himself into tackles and used the ball well when he got it. But he's Lucas so it isn't sound to give him some credit.

Game passed him by, I thought. Forgot he was playing until he made that block on Anichebe.

I forgot he was playing until about two seconds before the Zorba/ Feillani two-footed exchange, at which point I screamed:

"Lucas you fucking cunt!"

He did make two or three good interceptions and challenges in the last quarter of the game.

Still not enough. Still nowhere near what we require.