You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

whats going on??

topkop

Hi to all, I'm a new boy, lets hope we can get at least third again?

Could some one please enlighten me as to why we are not anywhere near as good as we were back in the late 70's early 80's?

What happened to the kind of players we had back then? Is it just a once in a life time thing that happens to all teams?:|

I'm sure dear old Mr Paisley would have plenty to say about whats going on at anfield, I must admit that at one point I got so fed up with watching us lose again I almost packed it in all together.

I just can't get me head around why we seem to struggle when we come up against these lower league teams? we used to be feared especially when it came to playing us at home!:wallbutt:

These days teams come and look forward to beating us at home.

I just wish we had that smooth consistant game we had back then.

come on you reds

topkop

Could some one please enlighten me as to why we are not anywhere near as good as we were back in the late 70's early 80's?

What happened to the kind of players we had back then?

So many different opinions on that - I'm sure you'll get many different versions on here!

For starters it's a different game now totally. More scientific. Every aspect of the game has some sort of sports science integrated into it. You can't go out on a bender during the week and then play a game at the weekend like you once could.

Then there's the ego's these days, some players just don't have any respect for their managers.

Managers have different methods of coaching. More European managers in Britian.

TV coverage analyzing every inch of the game.

Too much money involved to get a decent player these days too. Not often are players brought from the lower leagues and given a place in a premierleague team. The kind of players we had back then would cost a fortune in today's markets.

Too much money given to players for doing fuck all (babel for e.g.)

Certainly a lot more to it than above, but it's just a different game these days.

I know... Why do Uruguay and Hungary never do well in the World Cup anymore? You know why? Because things change...

Which reminds me of this joke from The Young Ones:

Old Man in Post Office queue: Things certianly were different before these new-fangled changes.

Rik: Of course they were or else they wouldn't be changes would they, you senile old git?

Hi to all, I'm a new boy, lets hope we can get at least third again?

What happened to the kind of players we had back then? Is it just a once in a life time thing that happens to all teams?:|

I'm sure dear old Mr Paisley would have plenty to say about whats going on at anfield, I must admit that at one point I got so fed up with watching us lose again I almost packed it in all together.

I just can't get me head around why we seem to struggle when we come up against these lower league teams? we used to be feared especially when it came to playing us at home!:wallbutt:

These days teams come and look forward to beating us at home.

I just wish we had that smooth consistant game we had back then.

come on you reds

topkop

It is really is a pickle. I blame Kuyt.

Well thanks for the welcome!! I must say I was laughing my cock off reading some of the replys! whilst listening to the 4non blondes!! Its true though aye!! Whats going on??

Bring back the old days!! Makes me feel really old when I say things like that!! Thats because I am f...g old!!

Yeah I make you right, too many players being paid much too much for playing a game, They were all like gerrard, at one time, talk about worth the weight in gold, And carragher, hes another one, now thats what I call running ya socks off!:drool:

That boy is super man, no wonder he's the best in the world at what he does.

I'm sorry to have to say, but get raffa out, News on the grape vine is he's going, and get in Mr mourinho. But then again, is it him or like zonko77 said is it the respect that players dont give these days, maybe the love for anfield and the dreams it could fulfill are sadly on the downturn.:whatever:

All I want to say is sort it out l.f.c. and sort it out QUICK!:telloff:

Welcome.

Diddly, diddly TopKop! The most effectual TopKop! Who's intellectual close friends get to call him T.K, providing it doesn't sound gay.

rioferdinand.jpg

"Top Lip

He's got a wobberley Top Lip

His 'intellectual' close friends have an IQ of 3

At least he's not a dirty cheating cunt like JT

Top Lip!

The undisputable leader of the mongs

He's a twat, he's a git

He's unbelievably shit

He's a hip hop tit

Top Lip!"

Needs a bit of work.