You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal away - match thread

kop

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about this game in all honesty. We are fine against most average teams because they don't have the capability of destroying us with pace and quick passing, whereas Arsenal do.

It's been a damaging week or so for Arsenal but when you watch the two games, they had loads of chances to score.

We've almost gone right back to basics in the sense that we're adopting a negative approach because we know we're not good enough to defend well if we open out and try to play expansive football. I fear a bumming on Wednesday night, but fingers crossed, you never know with football!

I'd love Aquilani to get a start in this game. I think it would suit him much better against Arsenal to ping the ball around a bit. He'd get more time on the ball against them. The trouble is, he'd be pinging it to players without any pace with Torres/Yossi out. Kuyt and Ngog are not really gona get in behind the defence much.

I'd love Aquilani to get a start in this game. I think it would suit him much better against Arsenal to ping the ball around a bit. He'd get more time on the ball against them. The trouble is, he'd be pinging it to players without any pace with Torres/Yossi out. Kuyt and Ngog are not really gona get in behind the defence much.

Yossi isn't in any way pacy

Can take some confidence from our last four games there, all have been good performances. For me, we have to sit in and hope that Gerrard does something special. If we try to take them on, we will get slaughtered. Something about our team just strikes me as fragile at the moment and I fear this could be like 'Boro away all those years ago.

Also not looking forward to twat dances, shithouse diving, typical petulancy and 90 minutes of " Livapawl hoof the bawl". Hope someone injures Fabregas.

Been leading the line lately mate. Arsenal fans I know are telling me Bendtner won't start, so expect him through the middle again ...

After the almost total lack of success that Arsenal have had with the dwarf Arshavin playing up front by himself, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Bender does actually start against us.

Don't let our "unbeaten run" fool you. We are still not playing good football. We've scraped wins against mediocre teams of late but against a proper footballing side like Arsenal recent performances will not be enough to even get a draw at the Emirates. We're going to have to step it up big time. Can't see it happening without Johnson, Benayoun and Torres though.