You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ok, so leading contenders:

Gerrard: Twatted a DJ for not playing Phil Collins

Rooney: Shagged a 60 year old prostitute

Ferdinand: Deliberately missed a drugs test and is up on a charge of hitting someone in the face.

Gerrard got cleared of all charges and is therefore the clear favorite. Only person smart enough to get away with it.

I thought Gerrard was vice Captain.

Like it or not, England is extremely important to Stevie so if Capello decides to wait to announce the new captain it could benefit us as Stevie may get into a real good run of form. Not that Stevie would be trying harder as he doesn't know how not to give his all, but just that sub-consciously he may really improve.

Good point that Johnny. Could work in our favour. We'll return to this post after his performance tomorrow and see if you were right !!

Gerrard got cleared of all charges and is therefore the clear favorite. Only person smart enough to get away with it.

He was done for drink-driving though, a long time back however so it probably wouldn't go against him.

I think Jar Jar might get it.

As for moral character, all the candidates have ghosts in the closet, as has already been pointed out.

I think the thing Capello will be considering is the impact in the dressing room. The fact that Stevie belted a DJ, wrong as that was, will not matter one jot to how the rest of the England squad view him.

Terry sleeping with someone else's missus is a much bigger deal as it affects morale and harmony within the camp.

If Carra hadn't stepped down from England (and I more than understand why he did) then I would eject Terry from the squad altogether and put Carra in there. If I was Capello I would be having a quiet behind the scenes phone call along this sort of line. Carra and a fit Jar Jar is a great central defensive pairing.

Barry Glendenning summed it up perfectly. It doesnt make any difference who is captain. The only difference it would make would be that if England won the World Cup then the captain lifting the trophy would be an iconic image. Surely they wouldnt take the chance that a Liverpool player would be that player?

If Gerrard takes over from Terry the forehead size veers from one extreme to t'other.

Normal headed person for Captain, please.

Not that the captaincy means anything.