You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tony Gale (early morning rant)

Faustus

There seems to be a Cockney overload in terms of football coverage, both in terms of co-commentary and punditry. You have Tony Gale, Tony Cottee, Paul Walsh, Paul Merson, Andy Townsend, Scott Minto, Ian Wright, and Alan Smith, as well as people like "Pards" and "Curbs". Then you get Cockney club sympathisers like Mark Bright and Garth Crooks. Of course, "Motty" still does a bit of commentary now and then when they let him out of his box.

I hate the phrases "the boy done good" and "early doors", and these guys seem to have made them common football vernacular.

you cant of thought Alan Smith with his dopey brummie accent was cockney?

The problem with a lot of these "expert" commentators is that when they were playing, we were pissing on their chips on a regular basis. So this is their only chance to get back at us.

Mind you, a few of our own don't need too much prodding to stick the boot in either!

They're best watched with the sound off, they make much more sense then.

The problem with a lot of these "expert" commentators is that when they were playing, we were pissing on their chips on a regular basis. So this is their only chance to get back at us.

Mind you, a few of our own don't need too much prodding to stick the boot in either!

They're best watched with the sound off, they make much more sense then.

is right . the only time they smile is when the pool are getting beat . cunts

They must all get sent to Idiot School. For example, they all arrive on screen with their own twisted version of syntax, so instead of saying 'Lampard did well there' they'll say 'He did well there, Lampard'. They also like saying players will 'get some joy' if they keep playing in a certain way. I wonder if they talk that way in 'normal' life? I fear they probably do.

You can count those Betfair adverts with Ray Winstone as well, for their overt cockney leanings, as well as those other ones where those guys are arguing with each other. The smug bastards dissing Liverpool are just like those twats in the media that harp on about "one man team" or "zonal marking" or "Rafa's net spend".

Well, well, well...........what is it that's ALWAYS true of football? Never more so than in Derbies like THAT? That it's ACTIONS that speak far louder than words, always have done. probably always will; And today? OUR action spoke for itself as much as did Everton's INaction (again) when the chips were down, the battle fierce and pride/points on the line;

Or in Lahdan dialect that the likes of tossers and w*nkers like Gayle, Winstone, Redknapp (Sr AND Jr), Crooks and most of all that smug tw*t Bright (I REALLY hate him!!) can understand; You can take your predictions, ideas and hunches, you can take ALL your criticisms of our great club and CHOKE on them or better still walk down to the Mersey, THROW yourselves in With them and? Don't come back, ever..........................

I reckon they all learn how to speak with "Learn mediocre commentary opinions" tapes, like normal people do to learn another language.

Now, repeat after me: "With all the foreigners, our lads aren't getting a chance"

For dicussions on why foreigners don't like the cold, please turn over to side b.