You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Totally wrong about a player ?

sir roger

Guest Dog Chaser

Peter Crouch - Was really surprised when we brought him, didn't rate him at all. He proved to be a fantastic footballer, excellent technical ability and eye for goal.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collymore, thought we'd signed a player who would win us the league on his own he was that good.

But, for his first season he was that good. 60 goals from just him and Robbie. The reason we couldn't win the league under Evans wasn't because Collymore wasn't doing his job, but because the likes of Babb, James and Ruddock weren't doing theirs. And I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Paul Ince. The very definition of the failed 'last piece of the jigsaw'.

Vlad. I was ecstatic when we bought him, turned out he was more limited than I thought. still love him though. Mark Kennedy after the goal he scored against the arse for millwall.

One I was right about was Cisse. Watched him at Anfield for Auxerre moaning, bitching, not moving and generally being a tit. I was in the main stand thinking 'Nope, he's shite'.

Didi, didn't rate him whne we signed him, could not have been more wrong, absolute world class once the penny dropped. One of my fave players of all time. If only Masch had the same footballing brain as he did.

Up until a couple of seasons ago I still felt Lampard won't amount to much. But he is a top class central midfielder, IMO easily Chelsea's most important player.

I'll have that one. I won't say it too much, but he's come on over the last few years and apart from his aiming of his shots, he's turned into a brilliant player.

Collymore, thought we'd signed a player who would win us the league on his own he was that good.

He WAS that good, he was just lacking the application to realise his ability.

When I heard that we were in for Torres, I thought he would be a fancy fanny who would struggle to adapt to English football. I've never been more pleased to eat humble pie in my entire life!

Babel...when I first saw him I thought wow...here comes the next henry...not just because of the look, but his first couple of games he came out loving being at liverpool and had you could see he had a passion.

But then he didn't always have the ball, he got the hump if he was taken off early and then sulked if he didn't get his own way.:(

Prime example of too much dollar in the pocket and NO respect for the manager.

Cissé. I thought he would be ace, and laughed at what Chelsea paid for the cat piss-haired cunt at the time.

Reading in the paper this morning that Wenger had a deal for Drogba to get him from Le Mans in 2002 for £100k but pulled out at the last minute as he thought the price was too high !!

Not just us on here then.

Didi Hamann. The first half of his first season I thought he was rubbish, to my eternal shame. Then suddenly I just understood what he was all about. Legend.

i remember in didi's early days here he got loads of stick.i even remember 1 bloke phone roger phillips on radio merseyside, and said his dad would be ashamed that a german was playing for liverpool:whoops: