You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Totally wrong about a player ?

sir roger

Torres. I thought we'd have been better off signing Darren Bent.

I also remember I said that "Gerrard will have a hard job getting back in the side now we've got this Diao fella" when a dip in form coincided with the three good games Salif ever had at the start of his Liverpool career.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point. Half the people on here berated us for not going for him last season. He's finished.

is he bollocks.

He's a cunt of massive proportions, granted, but he can still put the ball in the net.

He just doesn't fit with how man u are set up this season with one man up top on his own, and their man is Rooney and he's never gonna oust him as long as they play that way.

Just cos he isn't getting games for them, doesn't mean he's finished. When he's played he's scored. He scored a CL hat trick on his last start for them.

hardly the actions of a finished striker.

Don't let the fact that he's a massive cunt cloud your judgement of him as a player. He's still an outstanding finisher, but that's not enough to get him games with the way Man u play.

I had doubts about us signing Luis Garcia since £6m was a fair wedge for us to be spending on a player who was bit-part at most of his previous clubs. More so when he was going to be given the No10 shirt. He proved to be very inconsistent and often frustrating, but he scored important goals, worked hard, and won the fans over. Look at the fan letter he wrote after leaving, and the ovation he got as a sub for Atletico.

John Wark- didn't think he was a Liverpool player, didn't like the look of him but he scored loads from midfield.

David Speedie-thought he'd be shit but I thought he did fine while he was here.

Mark Kennedy-thought he'd be good.

Sami Hyppia- never heard of him and was present at his debut, he was crap that day but has since become a proper legend.

Jari Litmanen- really thought he'd be our Cantona, never worked out but not all his fault.

Gary McAllister- liked him but still thought he was past it for us.

Josemi- Balliague said at the time he was the best full back in Spain, I believed him, what a dick, one of the worst players I've ever seen in a red shirt.

Peter Crouch- couldn't believe we signed him but I still realy miss him.

Ryan Babel- thought he'd be fantastic, dutch under 21 star etc, totally shit.

Aquilani?????- Jury still out.

Scott Carson

Gonzalez (credit to ATK, who said he'd be shit and was right)

Morientes

Le Gems

I thought all of these players would do a lot better.

On Diouf, I knew he would be shit. It didn't make sense on any level. I had a massive argument with a mate when we signed him, and I was totally correct.

Benayoun, I thought he is average and not good enough for us but he proved me wrong.

Maybe Kyrgiakos, but it is still early to judge him. He has a massive mistake in him and if it happens in 2 consecutive games I can imagine some guys turn at him.

And negative? there is more of them like Diouf, Cisse, Babel, Vignal and many more

people keep teling me i'm wrong about ibrahimovic. I think he's shit.

For us I may be proved wrong about Ngog or I may not be

Ibra is shit. He is not totally shit but he is most overrated player on earth. I would choose Torres or Rooney anyway of the week instead of him.

is he bollocks.

He's a cunt of massive proportions, granted, but he can still put the ball in the net.

He just doesn't fit with how man u are set up this season with one man up top on his own, and their man is Rooney and he's never gonna oust him as long as they play that way.

Just cos he isn't getting games for them, doesn't mean he's finished. When he's played he's scored. He scored a CL hat trick on his last start for them.

Don't let the fact that he's a massive cunt cloud your judgement of him as a player. He's still an outstanding finisher, but that's not enough to get him games with the way Man u play.

Michael Owen

2 in 16 league games

7 in 27 total

David N'Gog

4 in 14

6 in 21 total

N'Gog has outscored him playing for a team that has been creating maybe 1 decent chance per game.

He is a massive cunt and he is shit.

Stu Monty, first time I played with him he was electric, work rate was un parallel, finishing, strong in the tackle, he had everything.Turned out it was just a massive fluke performance, turned up next week and played like what can only be described as a cabbage in Dortmund socks, terrible business it was, bad sportsman to boot.

This is quite clearly false. Zeek is just trying to goad me into coming back to footy. I know you miss me, it hurts me too, Al.

is he bollocks.

Pretty sure he started against Fulham and was absolutely turgid, that was more recent wasn't it?

I agree that he's finished at the very top level. He just hasn't got enough components to his game to be a top player any more. The real top class not only get goals but go past people, hold the ball up, score from range and have a great touch. Owen just has great movement and finishing now, that's it, nothing else. If a team sets up around him then he'd still score goals, when he was fit.

He's still never scored 20 league goals and never will. No good having a player you'll only ever get 60% of a season out of.