You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Totally wrong about a player ?

sir roger

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought trying to replace Xabi Alonso with Gareth Barry was a good idea. I also thought that Lucas would be able to adequately replace Alonso for at least a few months.

Who am I?

I was wrong about Johnson; in the summer I maintained that we had more pressing issues than RB and we'd be better served getting a steady cheap replacement in and trying to get someone like Cassano - I also didn't think Johnson was very good either defensively or in attack. I was mistaken; he's come into a struggling team, and until their performances started to take their toll on him, he's done a fantastic job.

before they've played a game for us - Diouf and maybe Crouch, for different reasons.

I never wrote Crouch off as a bad player, but I think it was me who invented "Luke Chadwick on Stilts". I didn't think a man that ugly could be good at football, but he was ace.

I was convinced Diouff would go on to big things. He did, but none of them good.

Cunt.

I still stand by Crouch looking like Chadwick on Stilts though, to be fair.

Once I've seen them play a few games for Liverpool though I honestly don't think I've ever been really badly wrong about a player.

I had serious doubts about Hamman for a while, but always knew he had it in him to be class. Never classed him as rubbish.

There's nobody in this current squad who will prove me wrong though. Most of them are just shit. No arguments.

I'm not really convinced with Johnson. He had a bright start, like but he looked really shaky before the injury.

Even for that he deserves credit. He's come into as disjointed a team I can remember and generally looked the part; that with no-one covering for him when goes upfield( I'm looking at you Mascherano); with no-one linking up with him properly or offering support you'd expect of a top side( I'm looking at you,Dirk); and alongside a defense that was in shambles, being expected to cover for Carragher's declining pace and the chaos that ensues when Insua is inevitably beaten by some journeyman.

It hasn't been easy for him at all and he's even had to curb his attacking instincs because the rest of the team simply weren't up to having a pair of adventerous full backs.

Didi Hamann. The first half of his first season I thought he was rubbish, to my eternal shame. Then suddenly I just understood what he was all about. Legend.

Also Crouch, as has been said - was fucking gutted when we signed him and he was fucking ace.

Not as effectively or with the same adventure( very rarely would you see him get to the by-line) and, to be fair, Mascherano was nice enough to do his job last season and cover for him, something he's done very little of this year.

Well according to SpeedyG Mascherano has been doing the job of Alonso while Lucas has been doing the job of Mascherano.

Neither of them are doing very good impressions of who they're supposed to be, mind.

I thought Nigel Clough would be the perfect player for us.

I thought Paul Stewart was just what we needed.

I thought Cisse would prove a much better signing than Drogba.

I thought Christian Ziege would be ace.

I thought Houllier had lost his mind when he signed McAllister.