You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riera: stay or go?

Jens

I'd sell Babel, Riera and Kuyt in the summer.

The priority should be getting a top left sided winger.

I didn't say I would only bring in a left sided winger.

Those three players can all leave...

I'd also consider selling Lucas

I see you've appointed yourself as manager. What would you do if, having sold those four players, the one you bought suffered a long term injury?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you've appointed yourself as manager. What would you do if, having sold those four players, the one you bought suffered a long term injury?

I would sell Babel (8 million), Riera (8 million) and Kuyt (12 million).

Keep Lucas, but he would be back up to Mascherano.

I would try and get Joe Cole on a free and give him the high wages he wants.

I would promote Pacheco.

I would buy a striker and send Ngog on loan.

-----------------Mascherano---------Gerrard----------------------

Yossi-------------------------Aquilani------------------------Cole

------------------------------Torres-------------------------------

Maxi can cover all the three positions behind Torres and we'd also have Pacheco. I would at times use Johnson on the right and Carragher at right back for certain games.

Lucas can cover centre midfield, with Aquilani being another option.

Not sure which back up striker I'd like to see though.

He's slow, goes missing in games, dives out of challenges and doesn't score very many. Probably better than Babel, though that means less by the day.

I'd definitely get rid of both to bring in some real quality in that position. I'm stumped as to who that would be though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Squaddie at best.

Aye, send the fucker to war.

I jest, of course. I think he is a decent squad player. The problem is that we don't have a top player for him to be 'back-up' to.

-----------------Mascherano---------Gerrard----------------------

Yossi-------------------------Aquilani------------------------Cole

------------------------------Torres-------------------------------

Four of those players could be considered to be injury prone and the other two are rumoured to be unsettled. I think your squad would soon be tested and you'd be counting on young Pachecho to save your ass!

Squad player. He has something in him but is very slow. And his biggest disadvantage is his inconsistency.

If he has his day, he should be first choice. If he has off day he is anonymous and almost crap. If he would have his off day in every third or fourth match, then he should be our first choice LM.

But he has his "in day" every third or fourth appearence, and that is simply not enough for LFC.

Four of those players could be considered to be injury prone and the other two are rumoured to be unsettled. I think your squad would soon be tested and you'd be counting on young Pachecho to save your ass!

No matter what I said you would have tried to pick holes in it.

Riera is a good squad player. He's got a position in our midfield. If an offer £12m came in, and we could spend it? I'd probably sell him and attempt to upgrade.

If someone offered £10m, I'd be torn, and anything less I'd reject.

If he had pace and energy, like someone erroneously posted, then we'd have a damn fine player on our hands.

I don't think he has the consistency in his game to be a good squad player. You need someone to come in and do a job, even if the job isn't up to what your first choice can do.

I hear you. I can't argue that he's inconsistent, but he's more consistent than Babel.

If he was consistent, then I suspect that he'd be playing a lot more than he is...

Keep thinking about him now after seeing this. When he was on form last season I was so fucking chuffed, but the way he's dropped off has gutted and baffled me as I thought he was our missing link. Kind of saddened me the way he's got abuse from people on here aswell. He really was one of my fave players for a time back there, and when he got that hamstring injury this season after just coming back it really did my head in and I felt for him a lot.

Is it right to think that he just looks a bit lost when he plays nowadays? Obviously we can't know what's going on inside his head, but maybe the way things didn't work for him at Man City is playing on his mind too much and he partly fears that being here is turning out to be a re-run of that? Wouldn't put being homesick to an extent out of the question either with it being the second time he's been away from his home country.

With all respect to him I think he's lacking in passion and focus, because I'm damn sure he has the skill and ability.

You only have to look at Giggs these days to see that a composed and skillful left winger with little pace can make a decent contribution to a title winning squad. But Riera needs to impose himself more on games. He is a passenger much too often.

Even at 52 years of age or whatever he is now, Giggs is still ten times the player Riera is and probably faster than him too.

Absolutely no comparison.

And Riera doens't get to referee games like Giggs does, the dour Manc twat.