You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby match Thread

Fowlers God

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll win it's the Arsenal game I have 0% confidence about.

We have been defending well and Everton aren't going to be able to play through us I wouldn't think. It looks like it's going to be a pretty ugly game and maybe a scrappy goal could be enough but you never know in a derby, the opposite of what is expected can happen.

-----------------Reina----------------

Kelly-------Carra---------Skrtel---------Aurelio

Maxi--------Gerrard------Masher--------Riera

-------------Babel-------Kuyt---------------

If Agger is fit he goes in.

A lot of either half-fit or barely used players there.

------------Reina----------

Carra----Greek---Agger---Aurelio/Insua

-----Mascherano---Lucas--

--Kuyt---Gerrard----Riera

---------N'gog------------

And a lot of quite shit players in there

No way you can put out a team that hasn't though. Although the horrors of Babel and Kuyt up front are too dire to contemplate. You'd have to put Riera and Maxi up alongside them just to try and keep their first touches from going out of play.

You'd also be sticking Kelly into a derby based on one good performance 3 months ago.

No way you can put out a team that hasn't though. Although the horrors of Babel and Kuyt up front are too dire to contemplate. You'd have to put Riera and Maxi up alongside them just to try and keep their first touches from going out of play.

You'd also be sticking Kelly into a derby based on one good performance 3 months ago.

I know. But I'm a maverick. A hipster. I go with what I feel, Daddio. Vibin' *tight*, you know?

I see. You just want to play Babel so you can spit some rhymes on the B side of his latest joint.

Fair dos.

Actually I was trying to channel James Ellroy, whose latest masterpiece "Blood's A Rover" I am about a third of the way through.

Clearly I failed.

Christ, even by my standards, this is some digression.

Actually I was trying to channel James Ellroy, whose latest masterpiece "Blood's A Rover" I am about a third of the way through.

Clearly I failed.

Christ, even by my standards, this is some digression.

I thought it was very good, but not a patch on the first two. Some seriously labyrinth plotting again.

-----------------Reina----------------

Kelly-------Carra---------Skrtel---------Aurelio

Maxi--------Gerrard------Masher--------Riera

-------------Babel-------Kuyt---------------

Babel? In a derby? With his reputation?