You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby match Thread

Fowlers God

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pop Purple Aqui in there to play just in front of gerrard, and stick Lucas where he belongs.

Are the Biscuit Twins Aurelio and Agger injured still?

Agger was on the bench vs Bolton so he is probably fit. But did not deserve to start in my book or better said neither Kyrgi or Skrt deserve to be dropped.

Fabio " Mr. glass" Aurelio was trainining with the squad today according to offal and according Rafa next days will show if he is available. So I think he wont be in the squad.

I would like to see

--------------------------Reina-----------------------

Carra-----------Agger-----------Kyrigos----------Insua

-----------------------Mascherano--------------------

Maxi-------------------Gerrard--------------------Riera

-----------------Kuyt------------Ngog---------------

I think Rafa will go with

--------------------------Reina-----------------------

Carra-----------Skrtel-----------Kyrigos----------Insua

------------Lucas------------Mascherano-------

---Maxi-------------Gerrard-----------------Riera

--------------------Kuyt--------------

Guest the boy

Lining up against Sidebe and Kevin Davies is one thing, Saha's another. He'll cause a lot of problems if he plays against Kyriagos and Skrtel. Skrtel out and Agger in for this one.

Kuyt on the wing ahead of Maxi? Why?

I think it's a bit early to be throwing Maxi into the hectic pace of a derby and i think N'gog is more of a theat on his own up front than Kuyt. He at least poses more of a threat with his pace. Kuyt has also been scoring recently and we're not in a position to be dropping goal scorers at the moment.

Lining up against Sidebe and Kevin Davies is one thing, Saha's another. He'll cause a lot of problems if he plays against Kyriagos and Skrtel. Skrtel out and Agger in for this one.

Skrtel is quicker and has usually better positioning than Agger. So what exactly would be his advantage in lining up against Saha?? His ballplaying skills??

Skrtel is quicker and has usually better positioning than Agger. So what exactly would be his advantage in lining up against Saha?? His ballplaying skills??

I'm far from convinced Skrtel is quicker than Agger and Agger is defo better in the tackle. I disagree about his positioning as well, like i said i've noticed that whoever Skrtel plays alongside does the majoirty of clearnaces and breaking down attacks.

I'd also have Insua out of the team asap in spite of a couple of half decent performances. Being slow is always gonna be a disadvantage for a full back but if you couple it with being the smallest player in the league he's gonna struggle to make it as a top quality player.

The Best Eleven: 2009/2010: English Premier League Shortest Players

I'd have Agger in over Skrtel no matter who we play. Skrtel and Insua are liabilities and will no doubt be targeted as the weak links in the side. Pienaar gave Carra a bit of a torrid time in this game last season aswell and I can see their two wide players getting a lot of joy out of our full backs. I'd probably put Lucas and Mascherano back in the middle aswell, as they'll have their work cut out. Gerrard and Riera in the wide positions, with Kuyt and N'Gog upfront.

If we keep a clean sheet, it would be nothing short of a miracle.