You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby match Thread

Fowlers God

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but Defoe didn't cause him any problems cos for some reason Spurs just didn't play their usual game.

If they had, I still think the greek would have been torn a new one. As it turned out to played to his strengths, which was just bizarre really.

I reckon Everton will do to us what they know we're fucking shit at - defending set pieces. That's why he's perfect for this game.

you're probably right about Kelly. But I just really don't trust skittles and the greek together. Not against everton.

Defoe did`nt cause him much trouble because we defended kyrgiakos v Crouch and skrtel v Defoe. And Skrtel had a very good match against Spurs.

With all the praise going Kyrgiakos way, Skrtel`s improvement have been lost. Martins improvement is also an important factor in those clean sheets lately.

Defoe did`nt cause him much trouble because we defended kyrgiakos v Crouch and skrtel v Defoe. And Skrtel had a very good match against Spurs.

With all the praise going Kyrgiakos way, Skrtel`s improvement have been lost. Martins improvement is also an important factor in those clean sheets lately.

I wanted to write the same. Skrtel had Defoe in his pocket whole 90 minutes. I wouldn´t break Kyrgiakos- Skrtel pairing, cause they play very well together.

As someone said, they play better than Carra-Agger played weeks before Daniel got injured. Also there is no way to start Kelly. I don´t know where all this Kelly - hype comes from. He is surely great prospect but he played one strong CL half against Lyon and that is his only senior appearance, so there is no way he will start in Derby. I think he is 4th choice RB in Rafas book and could start just when Johnson, Carra and Degen are all out.

In midfield I would play Masch, Aqua, Riera, and Gerrard with Kuyt as striker. In this case I would play Rodriguez as RM. Or, play Ngog upfront, Dirk as RM and put Maxi on the bench.

And no Lucas until 65th minute.

Right lets roll on with momentum.... It was a win that we needed but lets now smash the bitters and have something to celebrate.

The team I would play is

Reina

Carra (RB)

Insua (LB)

Skittles (CB)

THE GREEK (CB)

Maxi (RM)

Aquailainia (CM)

Masch (CM)

Reira (LM)

Gerrard (AM)

Kuyt (CF)

I have all the in laws over and they are all blue noses. There will be 7 of them compared to me. So I hope we do em good and proper!

I'd be happy with that side too. I fucking love these matches aswell. Mancs is great but it makes me feel like shit and too nervous, Blues matches just make me buzz. Ok I get the nerves against them aswell, but I don't feel like shit and also have more respect for the Blues.

We might have to put up with no Aquilani though and Lucas instead, maybe because Rafa might think that Screech will hussle Aqui way too much, which could easily be the case.

Assuming no changes to player fitness, here is what I would like to see:

.............Reina

Carra Skrtel Greek Insua

.......Gerrard Masch

....Maxi Aquilani Riera

.............Kuyt

We should not be afraid of playing Everton at our place.

That's our best attacking side at present in my opinion.

It will be

------------Reina-----------

Carra----Skrtel----Krygiakos---Insua

---------Lucas-----Masch---------

Kuyt----------Gerrard---------Riera

---------------N'gog---------------

or

Maxi----------Gerrard---------Riera

---------------Kuyt---------------

Whereas I would play

Carra----Skrtel----Krygiakos---Agger

---------Gerrard-----Masch---------

Maxi----------Aquilani---------Riera

Anything but Insua at the moment.

I think a 4-4-2 is the best idea with Aquilani playing off Kuyt

Reina

Carra

Insua(Aurelio is injured?)

Greek

Agger (Is he injured?)

Maxi

Riera

Gerrard

Mascherano

Aquilani (off the striker)

Kuyt

Bench: Lucas, Skrtel, Darby, Pacheco, Babel, N'gog, Cavalieri

Spot on

...................................Reina..........................

Darby......................Carra... Greek..............Insua

...............................Mascherano...Lucas...............

Maxi.................................Gerrard.................Riera

.......................................Kuyt...........................

This will be the first Derby I've been to since the terraces went (fuck me, I feel old), so I should be looking forward to it. However, I'm not. I'm in the Anny Road end about three rows away from those fuckers and I'm worried that they're playing better stuff than we are right now. It is a Derby so blah, blah, form, blah, window, blah, blah. However, I'm still concerned about where the goals will come from. I hope Aquilani starts as I think he needs games, but I suspect he might not. I'd go with:

Pepe

Carra Skrtle The Greek Aurelio (if the glue holds - Insua if not)

The Chief Lucas

Gerrard Aquilani Riera

Dirk

On a day for strong hearts and lungs, that left side looks a little light weight, but they'll make up for what they're lacking in that regard with nous and touch, hopefully. Aquilani isn't a central midfielder for a game like this yet, so he has to play higher up, with Gerrard in his old free role from the right and plenty of solidity in the centre. Saturday all depends on concentration and Gerrard's fitness though, in my view.

This will be the first Derby I've been to since the terraces went (fuck me, I feel old), so I should be looking forward to it. However, I'm not. I'm in the Anny Road end about three rows away from those fuckers and I'm worried that they're playing better stuff than we are right now. It is a Derby so blah, blah, form, blah, window, blah, blah. However, I'm still concerned about where the goals will come from. I hope Aquilani starts as I think he needs games, but I suspect he might not. I'd go with:

Pepe

Carra Skrtle The Greek Aurelio (if the glue holds - Insua if not)

The Chief Lucas

Gerrard Aquilani Riera

Dirk

On a day for strong hearts and lungs, that left side looks a little light weight, but they'll make up for what they're lacking in that regard with nous and touch, hopefully. Aquilani isn't a central midfielder for a game like this yet, so he has to play higher up, with Gerrard in his old free role from the right and plenty of solidity in the centre. Saturday all depends on concentration and Gerrard's fitness though, in my view.

I'd be quite happy, and almost confident with that team but I can't see Rafa starting with Aquilani.

Maxi----------Gerrard---------Riera

That's the team I'd go with - not a time or a game to be doing anything wildly adventurous. Insua has looked better recently. I'd risk only one of Maxi and Aquilani to start, and after the last game Aquilani probably deserves to be benched (still can't see how he's going to fit into the side longer term either).

Can't see it being anything other than a really tight game.

I'd like to see Aquilani start. He must be used to derby's from his days at Rome. It's also a home game so that means Rafa will be leaning towards starting him. The only question is whether he thinks it may be too physical.

I think Dirk up front, Gerrard on the right and Aquilani in the hole, Riera on the left.

he may put Maxi on the right though and Gerrard in the hole. Think it's too big a game for Ngog at the moment.