You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Greek

BexBissel

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a ludicrously silly challenge, especially in a derby match when you know the ref is just itching to send you off.

He's a fucking liability and he deserved that red. End of story.

So you don't think he has played well when called upon? In fact you have said he is a "liability" so you think he has almost cost us the games he has played in? That we managed not to lose despite him?

So you don't think he has played well when called upon? In fact you have said he is a "liability" so you think he has almost cost us the games he has played in? That we managed not to lose despite him?

That isn't what i said and you know it.

But he is a liability.

We might not have seen it manifest in too many bookings and sendings off just yet, but the liability is there, no question. His lack of pace means he has to make last ditch challenges. Sooner or later you’ll get carded for a loose one.

And there’ve been a few occasions already in games this season where he’s only just avoided making contact with a player that could easily have resulted in yellow or red cards.

He also has a rich history of sendings offs and careless bookings throughout his career.

If teh above doesn't constitute a degree of liability, then what does?

Fair enough, Saturday was his first sending off for us, but if he plays many more games this season then there’ll be more. I’d bet my house on it.

He is a liability.

We might not have seen it in full effect yet, but the liability is there, no question. His lack of pace means he has to make last ditch challenges. Sooner or later you’ll get carded for a loose one.

And there’ve been a few occasions already in games this season where he’s only just avoided making contact with a player that could easily have resulted in yellow or red cards.

He also has a rich history of sendings offs and careless bookings throughout his career.

If teh above doesn't constitute a degree of liability, then what does?

Fair enough, Saturday was his first sending off for us, but if he plays many more games this season then there’ll be more. I’d bet my house on it.

Fuck me, you're one sour bugger.

Agree he is somewhat of a liability, but still think he's decent cover for the price, and the injuries have proved we've needed cover. Nowhere near a great signing, but not a bad one either.

fair assessment.

we could have just not insulted Sami Hyypia by offering him a pay cut though and kept him instead.

Fuck me, you're one sour bugger.

Fucksake.

I'm not being sour! I'm just making an honesty assessment of the player!

I think he's done very well. Much better than i expected, and I love his attitude.

I've already fucking said that.

That doesn't mean he's a good player or isn't a liability though, does it!!

Am I only able to offer an opinion on a player if it states that he's fucking amaizng???

Fucking joke.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

He's been nothing short of outstanding since he came back in, obviously Saturday apart.

6 clean sheets in the last 7, the 1 conceded being in the last minute at Stoke, largely in part to Soto, and in the main, against teams that we may have struggled aerially against otherwise.

It's not his fault he's not Hyypia

He's a bit of an alehouse player in all honesty but his attitude has been great since he came here and he's had some good games, so fair play to him.

Like others have said though, it's probably good news that he won't be available for Wednesday night in a way.

Him being suspended against Arsenal might well be a good thing.

Yea defo.

Love the guy. I think he's a great "get in your face" defender. But his limits are there for all to see and although I thought Spurs would've made shite of him, Arsenal defo would make shite of him. He wouldn't be able for that little prick Arshavin.

He's been nothing short of outstanding since he came back in, obviously Saturday apart.

6 clean sheets in the last 7, the 1 conceded being in the last minute at Stoke, largely in part to Soto, and in the main, against teams that we may have struggled aerially against otherwise.

It's not his fault he's not Hyypia

fair enough. He's given us some solidity in the air.

But you have to admit he's been very fortunate that teams we've played recently have all played to his strength - aerial balls in to the box.

I'm actually really pleased he wont' be playing on Wednesday.

To say he's been "outstanding" is bordering on the realms of fantasy.

he's won a load of headers and not a lot else, truth be told, but as you rightly say, that's exactly what he's there for. Fair play to him.

Not gonna disagree there, I still miss the big Fin badly. We could definitely have made him feel more wanted last season in my opinion.

Boiled down to 1st team footie in the end. A player like Sami would want to play every week and Rafa was just honest with him that he wouldn't be. In hindsight he would've got more games due to the injuries but who the fuck would have known that?

I would have given him what he asked for and made sure he was setup for a coaching role when he retired. Pity.

I'm only kidding really about you being sour, I see your point and i agree to a certain degree. But then I come back to the fact that's been our best player for the past 4 weeks and arguably MOTM for 4 games in a row... Given that we're still playing shit, but just not conceding hence providing a basis on which to nick wins, and he's been the main man behind that, I find criticism of him a bit hard to take...

It's just every time I go on a thread I see your posts and I picture you sitting in front of the computer, slamming your fists on the desk with steam coming out of your ears...

I'm only kidding really about you being sour, I see your point and i agree to a certain degree. But then I come back to the fact that's been our best player for the past 4 weeks and arguably MOTM for 4 games in a row... Given that we're still playing shit, but just not conceding hence providing a basis on which to nick wins, and he's been the main man behind that, I find criticism of him a bit hard to take...

It's just every time I go on a thread I see your posts and I picture you sitting in front of the computer, slamming your fists on the desk with steam coming out of your ears...

haha.

Not at all mate.

I'm just a realist.

I applaud him. he's done great. He's becoming a real cult player and I love his attitude.

he's definitley been our best player over the last month, no arguments, but let's get real here - that's only because a) pretty much everyone else has been abysmal and b) we've had lots of defending to do!

Boiled down to 1st team footie in the end. A player like Sami would want to play every week and Rafa was just honest with him that he wouldn't be. In hindsight he would've got more games due to the injuries but who the fuck would have known that?

I would have given him what he asked for and made sure he was setup for a coaching role when he retired. Pity.

What stopped him from leaving for the couple of seasons before when he wasn't first team then? I think it was the Champions League squad debacle which made his mind up, pure and simple, although Sami is far too professional to ever say that.

What stopped him from leaving for the couple of seasons before when he wasn't first team then? I think it was the Champions League squad debacle which made his mind up, pure and simple, although Sami is far too professional to ever say that.

he was axed from the CL squad for some bizarre reason, and he was then offered a huge pay cut to stay for one more season.

That's why he left.

man management at it's best. Again.