Quantcast
Sick of being Fat - Page 97 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Fowlers God

Sick of being Fat

1 minute ago, Champ said:

From tonight I’m making a beef stew with carrots and parsnips and will make extra veg for the side. Just minimal carbs

Carrots cooked in gravy, with it all soaked in, are amazing. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Do you have a recipe? I count calories as well so I need to know how many each serving is.

I couldn’t tell you exactly but if you look on the side of the tubs in the shops you’re talking about 200 a portion.

In a bit of melted better or a spoonful of oil fry an onion and as it’s softening add finely chopped veg, I used carrots, parsnips, sprouts and a small potato and then pour in about a litre of stock, add salt and pepper and cook away until the veg are soft. About 20-30 min

If you’re looking for recipes the BBC website is a great place to start

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm interested in calories not carbs! I'm pretty anal about this shit.

I'm all about a balanced diet but going light on the carbs cuts out a lot of unnecessary calories

I've been trying out IF in conjunction with keto, or at least as close as I can get to keto, for the last week.

I used to be a very competitive runner and my racing weight would be between 8 and a half to 9 stone. Then I couldn't train like I used to and started working full time and quickly ballooned to 11 stone.

My routine so far has mostly been 20:4 with a fasted cardio workout before I break the fast. I've cut out my usual diet staple of bread and potatos and have been eating meals that are nothing more than leafy greens (lettuce, james, spinach), meat (fried in butter and oil) along with healthy dollops of oil and mayonnaise.

I've also been doing upper body exercises like push ups, triceps dips, pull ups, chin ups and corework to help time up. 

Any tips/success stories/meal ideas are welcome.

9 minutes ago, Em City said:

I've been trying out IF in conjunction with keto, or at least as close as I can get to keto, for the last week.

I used to be a very competitive runner and my racing weight would be between 8 and a half to 9 stone. Then I couldn't train like I used to and started working full time and quickly ballooned to 11 stone.

My routine so far has mostly been 20:4 with a fasted cardio workout before I break the fast. I've cut out my usual diet staple of bread and potatos and have been eating meals that are nothing more than leafy greens (lettuce, james, spinach), meat (fried in butter and oil) along with healthy dollops of oil and mayonnaise.

I've also been doing upper body exercises like push ups, triceps dips, pull ups, chin ups and corework to help time up. 

Any tips/success stories/meal ideas are welcome.

It's just about consistency mate, simple as that.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's just about consistency mate, simple as that.

Boring but true

@Em City Try destroy your legs in the gym. Will help you a lot more that the upper body stuff.

As for the IF/Keto thing, have you noticed any weightloss? Have you bought ketostix to see if you're in ketosis?

• Upvote 1

@Elite, could you not replace some of the processed meat with fish (grilled/pan fried/cooked in foil in the oven), chicken breast, etc.? Won’t take any longer to cook than sausages and burgers. Regarding veg, could you not have some steamed broccoli, carrots or cauliflower? What about some some lightly pan fried/seared courgette, etc.?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lario said:

@Em City Try destroy your legs in the gym. Will help you a lot more that the upper body stuff.

As for the IF/Keto thing, have you noticed any weightloss? Have you bought ketostix to see if you're in ketosis?

I ran 30 miles on the treadmill last week and I've ran 5 miles on the grass each of the last two days, both off a 20 hour fast, so my legs are getting plenty of work.

I've lost half a stone so far. Have no idea what ketostix are but I'll definitely look into it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Champ said:

I'm all about a balanced diet but going light on the carbs cuts out a lot of unnecessary calories

A balanced diet, or at least eating in moderation, is my preference, but I couldn’t go light on carbs - I like bread, pasta, sweets, etc. way too much.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

@Elite, could you not replace some of the processed meat with fish (grilled/pan fried/cooked in foil in the oven), chicken breast, etc.? Won’t take any longer to cook than sausages and burgers. Regarding veg, could you not have some steamed broccoli, carrots or cauliflower? What about some some lightly pan fried/seared courgette, etc.?

I am not a massive fan of fish to be honest. I don't mind cod though, could have that with vegetables and a bit of butter.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

A balanced diet, or at least eating in moderation, is my preference, but I couldn’t go light on carbs - I like bread, pasta, sweets, etc. way too much.

So do I, Tony, so do I, but for the moment needs must

11 minutes ago, Em City said:

I ran 30 miles on the treadmill last week and I've ran 5 miles on the grass each of the last two days, both off a 20 hour fast, so my legs are getting plenty of work.

I've lost half a stone so far. Have no idea what ketostix are but I'll definitely look into it. 

Ketostix are little yokes that you pass through your piss to tell you if there are ketones in it.

If there are, then you're using fat for fuel.

They're not an exact science, but can give you a good boost when you see you're body's doing what it should.

58 minutes ago, Em City said:

How tall are you? 8 stone sounds underweight and 11 stone sounds pretty normal.

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

How tall are you? 8 stone sounds underweight and 11 stone sounds pretty normal.

8.5—9 stone is a pretty ideal weight for running competitively and if he was in good shape at that weight it's understandable why he'd want to return to that. 

I'm 5' 7". 

8.5 stone was my lightest but I was running a lot and doing no exercises whatsoever.

At my best, I was 9/9.25. I was doing less mileage but good quality sessions with loads of arm exercises and looked absolutely shredded. Oh for the return of the glory days.

• Upvote 1